Apr 30, 2011, 01:58 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Thread OP
Discussion

Parkzone Ultra Micro F4U Corsair Owner's Thread

Nobody's created it yet, but these puppies are shipping and on their way to their new homes. So I'll get it started and edit this post as soon as I can get some photos and video of my new Parkzone UM F4U Corsair.

to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2011, 01:58 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Thread OP
A question asked frequently on this thread is in regard to the CG or Center of Gravity of this bird.

Many people are experiencing tail-heavy planes right out-of-the-box and I have suggested adding a dime under the cowl with a piece of tape. See if your plane balances and flies better with this additional 2.2 grams.

And...on page 11 of the Parkzone manual, it says that the Center of Gravity is 28mm behind the LE at the wing root. This is with a 150mah battery installed, it says.

Please double check your cg before making your maiden flight.

NOTE: If your F4U is flying erratically -OR- if it seems tail heavy and hard to fly, DO NOT GIVE UP!
We are enjoying our Corsairs with a simple weight modification.

This is called "The Dime Method"™
Simply tape a US Dime under the nose and set your trim tabs back to neutral.
You should see a huge improvement in handling and control.

If The Dime Method works for you and you are enjoying your Corsair again. You can do one of two modifications:
  1. Open the Corsair and glue a dime or a 6mm hex nut under the motor section of the nose. Be sure to keep the dime or nut clear of any wires or working parts!
  2. Widen the battery tray to accommodate a flat, 240mah lipo (battery). Be sure to keep the battery as far forward in the tray as possible.
And if you are unhappy with your F4U's performance, simply change your prop to a GWS #5043 and you'll be a very happy camper!

Happy Flying!
Mac
Last edited by MaladroitFL; Feb 20, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Apr 30, 2011, 04:50 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
nice, ill have mine by thursday
Apr 30, 2011, 06:18 PM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
...I'll have mine by September...
Apr 30, 2011, 07:21 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
Picked one up yesterday. Scared to fly it.

Just took my 4-Site out, got about 15 seconds of flight before wind smashed it straight down into the ground. Top wing isn't connected to fuse, bottom wing is by a thread. Huge tear all the way across the fuse.

I'll have to fly the Champ around more before I try the Corsair. Wind just does whatever it wants with these things. Helicopters are so much more stable. I can fly my MSR in better wind than this. Also, never flying the 4-Site outside ever again. I know I wasn't supposed to, but it was so calm!
Apr 30, 2011, 07:37 PM
Got mine from Jakes Performance Hobbies yesterday. Been way to windy here to even attempt it.
May 01, 2011, 09:05 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Thread OP
Haven't seen a FL hobby shop that has them yet. Mine will be here on Wed. according to UPS.
May 01, 2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
...I'll have mine by September...
LOL...Man that is Slow shipping
May 01, 2011, 03:41 PM
They took the bar
Locking in... Ordered mine Friday afternoon, it shipped out, and I should have it by Tuesday. Yippee!! I've been wanting a UM Corsair ever since I went the Champ -> UM T-28 route...

can't wait to fly her.

-jav
May 02, 2011, 06:56 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelina View Post
Locking in... Ordered mine Friday afternoon, it shipped out, and I should have it by Tuesday. Yippee!! I've been wanting a UM Corsair ever since I went the Champ -> UM T-28 route...

can't wait to fly her.

-jav
That's a same route many of us took -- myself included!
Love the T-28 as much as the Champ and expect this Corsair to be even more fun.
May 02, 2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
Picked one up yesterday. Scared to fly it.

Just took my 4-Site out, got about 15 seconds of flight before wind smashed it straight down into the ground. Top wing isn't connected to fuse, bottom wing is by a thread. Huge tear all the way across the fuse.

I'll have to fly the Champ around more before I try the Corsair. Wind just does whatever it wants with these things. Helicopters are so much more stable. I can fly my MSR in better wind than this. Also, never flying the 4-Site outside ever again. I know I wasn't supposed to, but it was so calm!
Make it brushless like the Beast and you'll get better results outside
May 02, 2011, 12:21 PM
Still trying to decide if I'll 2S or 1S BL her when I get it.
I wonder if that prop is more scale than performer?
May 02, 2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentrodder View Post
Got mine from Jakes Performance Hobbies yesterday. Been way to windy here to even attempt it.
Got mine on the 30th at Jake's as well. I have flown every evening since. It's been windy but not to much to fly. Flew this morning in the fog
May 02, 2011, 12:40 PM
Foam flogger
Saw a RTF in the LHS yesterday. Didn't pick it up. Maybe when the BNF are in stock. Pretty bird.
May 02, 2011, 06:44 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Flyer View Post
Make it brushless like the Beast and you'll get better results outside
The crash I got could only have been avoided if the thing weighed a lot more. It went from 8 feet in the air to the ground very very quickly. I don't even know what part of it hit the ground it was so fast. Just in the air, GROUND!

Quick Reply