May 27, 2011, 09:24 AM
Suspended Account
Who gives a flying rat's ass about a MK clone. This is 32bit hardware with proper gyros and what looks like fairly decent flight control code.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2011, 12:49 PM
i got a board to test... hopefully i can fly tomorrow when it stops to rain.

here are pics of the board.
it was well packed in a plastic case and comes with a tx cable.
May 27, 2011, 12:54 PM
thats my test copter.

i made a short testflight in the garage because it rains. and in a short rain delay i flew outside. the first feelings are very good... but i will/can say more when i make a real test outside. report will come.
May 27, 2011, 12:59 PM
i can t arrive to know who is the manufacter of this board
May 27, 2011, 08:32 PM
Suspended Account
Its some guy in Taiwan, 'white'. Some university student from what I gather. Foxtech is NOT the manufacturer, they're a 3rd-hand reseller (probably buy from taobao etc). Boards are manufactured in Taiwan. There's no "manufacturer", its a one-guy operation and no company behind it. If you don't want to give business to fauxtech (and you shouldn't), getting it from infinity-hobby in taiwan is cheaper by $40 and probably actually gives the money to the original developer.
May 27, 2011, 10:42 PM
In fact.. TMF(manufacturer of this board in taiwan) not only sales FCU but also sales RTF Kit....

this is quad copter....
Name: 1.jpg
Views: 129
Size: 80.0 KB
Description:
Name: 4.jpg
Views: 107
Size: 85.6 KB
Description:
this is hexa copter....
Name: 20110520_4bbbb16067f9b868dfe9HfjoBVHwics2.jpg.thumb.jpg
Views: 118
Size: 66.3 KB
Description:
Name: 20110520_6598d6e7d3d219cb34a0scvc1gCiPzhq.jpg.thumb.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 53.8 KB
Description:
Name: 20110520_fc0d58e10d34252d6d95HgXGWvfTOaCD.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 109.9 KB
Description:
Name: 20110520_8855f468a9298f4b5c7eFes66rQS7XH8.jpg
Views: 119
Size: 104.2 KB
Description:
May 28, 2011, 02:20 AM
woooooooo beautiful frame!!do you have a link?
May 28, 2011, 02:23 AM
Suspended Account
Ya, from all the demo videos it just looks like some university lab/hall.
I've tried searching for TMF or Top Micro Flight etc in taiwan and nothing useful.
So, link plz
May 31, 2011, 04:21 AM
my testreport...

build:
the fh-x46 is real plug'n'play board. i only had to mount it on my copter, connect the 4 esc wires and connect the rx with the delivered cable. thats it.

setup:
is super easy. with the onboard switch u choose between 2 copter modes. mine was preprogrammed with quad x and hexa x. once everything is hooked up u have to press the button on the board to save the neutral positions of the sticks and calibrate the level with full throttle and yaw left. u can also select the esc speed between 250hz and 400hz mode with a simple solder jumper.
ready to fly.
the gain settings were made over one pot. when the copter is disarmed u can change the gain settings, when it is armed the gain is locked.

the manual http://www.foxtechfpv.com/product/Qu...X46/FH-X46.pdf

flying
the fh-x46 flies in permanently stable mode. no acro mode!
and that works very good. it flies very stable and it was not possible to make it dizzy by doing crazy stickinputs nor hit the copter or throwing the copter away!
the rc rate is always the same. full yaw has the same speed no matter if u hover or climb with full throttle.
u can spin the copter by hand and if u let it go it will go back to the position where u start to spin.
no stalling at full throttle.
the copter is rising when u do a hard turn [180°] while flying forward. its like the jump from other systems after yawing. but with lowering throttle u can handle that.

conclusion

good:
- real plug'n'play
- absolutly easy setup
- good and stable flying
- select of coptermode directly over a onboard switch
- good / easy manual
- hard to bring it down with hectic flying or hitting - foolproof

bad:
- no flightmodes (acro/stabe) [permanently stablemode]
- a bit pricy
- rising after a hard turn

thats not all but these are the things that come to mind now the most.

first i thought the fh-x46 is a bit expensive, but after testing i think its worth the money.
u get a real plug'n'play board [this is much value] which performs very good. perfect for beginners or people who do not want to bother with programming and all the settings of other boards. even i have fun to fly it and try crazy stuff with

VIDEOS:

FH-X46 - testflight no1 (4 min 14 sec)

FH-X46- unbalance test (2 min 25 sec)

FH-X46 - testflight no2 (2 min 45 sec)

FH-X46 - testflight no3 - frisbee (3 min 8 sec)

fpv video will be on soon.

pics with the cover from rchhb [rc heli halle berlin]
May 31, 2011, 05:49 AM
Suspended Account
Would be cool if people stopped calling it "FH-X64" or whatever madeup name fauxtech came up with for it. It's a 'TMF (True Micro Flight)' flight controller made in Taiwan. fauxtech is just a 3rd hand reseller of it (manhui @ taobao -> fauxtech -> you).
It's not pricey if you get it from the manufacturer, infact then the price is around ~120usd or maybe even less.
May 31, 2011, 07:14 AM
@timecop: Does the manufacturer sell it directly as well? Got a link?

@Warthox: Thanks for the review, sounds good. How does it compare to a wiicopter regarding stability and accuracy of remote commands based on your experience?
May 31, 2011, 07:31 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felias
@Warthox: Thanks for the review, sounds good. How does it compare to a wiicopter regarding stability and accuracy of remote commands based on your experience?
You can't even start to compare the two. It's like a whole new class of better.
That being said, mine is coming tomorrow (NOT from fauxtech) so I'll be testing it out as well.
May 31, 2011, 08:51 AM
What goes around comes around.
Hi Im new to all this coming from photography & a bit of co-axial flying, looking to build a 7D hexa lifter & was hoping to find something plug n play like the TMF board, that would be expandable at a later date to take gps hold, alt hold etc.. not great at electronics, & am finding it hard for a newbee to get wiring diagrams etc, was going to use the mikrokopter hexa xl frame as a starting block, any guidance would be great.. thanks.
May 31, 2011, 09:13 AM
Closed Account
Check out the instruction videos at HoverFly... They make a nice, expandable FCB too...

Jeff
May 31, 2011, 09:38 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
-

first i thought the fh-x46 is a bit expensive, but after testing i think its worth the money.
u get a real plug'n'play board [this is much value] which performs very good. perfect for beginners or people who do not want to bother with programming and all the settings of other boards. even i have fun to fly it and try crazy stuff with
What are the differences to OPENPILOT CopterControl

I think
the open documentation is worth more.

Quick Reply