Jun 30, 2014, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER
Will you have the tissue covering for it too soon? Paul
Now that I looked through my files I did make skins for this. They are based on the darker version of the ship. The white stripes were to be painted over with a glow in the dark paint.
Last edited by Rasterize; Jun 30, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2014, 09:59 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Rasterize! I was wondering what happened to you. I was going to send out a search party =)
Jun 30, 2014, 10:02 AM
Yeah my oldest daughter graduated HS last week and I have family in town till Saturday so life has been real busy.
Jun 30, 2014, 10:39 AM
Thread OP
I saw the pictures! So now who is going to print skins?!?!?!
Jun 30, 2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah between becoming an "adult" and having a "real job" now she's just not interested.
I thought about saying it's up to "me, myself and I" but then I thought
"I" would do it but "I" can't afford "myself", so it looks like it's up to "me".
Jun 30, 2014, 11:00 AM
Thread OP
Well I always say "there is no "I" in team, just an "M" and "E"

Then i realized that there IS an I in team!

Jun 30, 2014, 09:27 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Hey SGTalon, I may be out of town for a little bit, do you per chance have an ETA on my kit? The mail system around here (all, fedex ,ups, etc.) are the usual drop at the door, ring the bell, and run back to the truck before you open the door types.
Jul 04, 2014, 11:06 PM
Crazy Canuck
Wonder to like to know when you will have the kit delivered.. Looking forward to building it soon.
Jul 18, 2014, 10:26 PM
well got my kit in, is there suppose to be offset to one side or did the cnc come out wrong? And some of the pieces got smashed together, thank you postal service.
Jul 19, 2014, 07:16 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Tbo, try running some HOT water over those smashed parts ... That should spring the foam back in place ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jul 19, 2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks GPW, already did it with the boiling water trick, brought back about 90 % ( good enough for me) to normal on most pieces.
Jul 20, 2014, 06:30 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
COOL !!! This is such a visually pretty plane , gotta’ use good parts eh ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jul 20, 2014, 09:13 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Timbo,
Let SGTalon know that I want to send you a new set of parts. No charge! I cut these for SGT and these have been difficult files to cut for some reason, but I cannot let you or him bear the cost for bad parts. PM me your shipping address and I will get them out in the morning.

My humblest apologies,
Ken
Jul 21, 2014, 08:44 PM
Ken thanks, I gave up trying to make everything even and just glued everything together for my son to have a new glider. Or as he puts it, " my really cool new plane".
I appreciate the quick and good customer service your providing. No hard feelings about the askewed cutout, it happens. You should really fire your Quality Control Production Supervisorial Manager tho:.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:12 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for jumping in on this guys. I am out of town in San Antonio for work and have barely had time to even check my e-mail.

Ken, I think we talked about splitting the main section in to 2 pieces to help with the tracking and to fit it in a box easier. I just laid a ruler on it and sliced it to ship this time. I think it would be worth it to make that a permanent change.

Thanks for taking care of Timbo Ken!

Quick Reply