Apr 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
The world in foam & tissue
Cool. 2 per tron ship right?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
How about a spiffy paint job that “looks” like neon ? ... We never fly at night either...
Apr 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Well, I do admit that it was a little hard to see the lights in sunlight. But it is too cool to leave out!

Yes i put 2 on it. I almost wish i had more. But it is hard to route those fiber optics. You will see it on Saturday
Apr 13, 2012, 02:27 AM
Yeah, that looks about right..
WOOOOOWWWW now that is cool. i hope to see this kind of stuff in the future.

i really wish i could make that.

keep up the great work. I am new to scratch building so i'm kind of sticking towards nutballs and smart darts. Does anyone know any planes as easy as this to build? :-)
Apr 13, 2012, 06:42 AM
Camera, this plane is actually one of the easiest ones i have built. There really is not much to the plane and it flies nice too.

Plans soon
Apr 13, 2012, 07:14 AM
Awesome!!!

Do you offer the kit, or just the plans? Let me know when you do!
Also if in kit form, black foam sheets would be ideal, saving weight without the painting, and all.

Sign me up, and keep the great work flowing!

Doug
Apr 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hi Aero,

I WILL definitely be offering this as a kit. I do not have black foam. So paint is probably required. But i painted mine and it is still under 8 ounces with the battery. There will probably be some kind of detail/graphics kit that comes with it.

Keep an eye on this thread and my website... and my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SG-Ideas/135379546518069
Apr 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromechanic1
Awesome!!!

Do you offer the kit, or just the plans? Let me know when you do!
Also if in kit form, black foam sheets would be ideal, saving weight without the painting, and all.

Sign me up, and keep the great work flowing!

Doug
Cool!!!
That's fine, white foam, black foam, etc. Is great anyways. What paint are you using?
I still have some Black Krylon left, and can probably get some more from a local retailer, if I special order it.

Keep me posted!

Aeromechanic
Apr 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hey Doug,

Anything that is water based is great for foam. I used my last can of Black Krylon H2O on this one.

I have also just taken regular acrylic ceramic paint watered it down and brushed it on. It works pretty nice.
Apr 14, 2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
Hey Doug,

Anything that is water based is great for foam. I used my last can of Black Krylon H2O on this one.

I have also just taken regular acrylic ceramic paint watered it down and brushed it on. It works pretty nice.
Great!

Good to know, thanks!

Doug
Apr 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
waiting for plans
Apr 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
Coming soon!!! I want to tweak a few things before i cut the plans loose.
Apr 15, 2012, 04:19 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
SGT , thinking you should sell the plans for just a tiny sum (a few bucks ) , that way you can finance further experimentation ... I’ve given all my stuff away for free for many years , and got nothing in return ... nothing to show for my efforts but some old long forgotten threads...
Apr 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
The world in foam & tissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
nothing to show for my efforts but some old long forgotten threads...
Well, you are a "Living Foam Legend".
Apr 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Come on GPW your Trainer 1 and B2 are not long forgotten! On the other hand I do make a little on my kits i sell. I would much rather offer free plans to make sure people that are interested have no reason not to build it. The people with money can always buy a kit

I probably have as many long forgotten designs as you do though. I am surprised how many of my designs get little interest. I think they are too coolest things ever! I guess if it isn't a P-51 it is too new fangled for some people.