Jul 22, 2014, 05:25 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
Thanks for jumping in on this guys. I am out of town in San Antonio for work and have barely had time to even check my e-mail.

Ken, I think we talked about splitting the main section in to 2 pieces to help with the tracking and to fit it in a box easier. I just laid a ruler on it and sliced it to ship this time. I think it would be worth it to make that a permanent change.

Thanks for taking care of Timbo Ken!
Dennis,

I have already made that correction and limited the parts to one kit per sheet. This has made for a much better cut routine. I will get these up on your purchase page for your convenience.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2014, 08:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
I too have a "SMALL ISSUE" with how it was shipped. First it came in a BIG flat package making it very easy to damage. I opened it up and noticed most of the parts were bent with creases in it. (I know how rough the Post Office guys get but I think you could package it in a smaller box and with stiffer sides to prevent this from happening. I was needless to say disappointed. I really wanted to build this as I think you have something here. The creases(indicated by the blue painter's tape) are deep and I tried to use the hot water to get most of it out but some were not able to.I put these pictures of it to show how it arrived. I can probably work with this but it's not the quality that I expected. I get other foam kits from small builders and they use laser cutting and even some do it by hand but they thing they keep is making sure that the product is safely packaged from the nasty post guy with heavy handed delivery. I'm not trying to criticize your project in any way as I think this is a fantastic idea.and I think this will be a great kit to have out. I like it because you brought something very different to the RC arena . It will be a great show stopper to show off to my RC buddies. I understand the growing pains of making new RC planes. Keep on improving and hope to see new and strange flying things from you. I love what you have in the flyer you sent to.
Last edited by NEWBEFLYER; Jul 22, 2014 at 08:43 PM.
Jul 22, 2014, 08:47 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Newbeflyer,
I am sure SGTalon will respond to this and you will get satisfaction. I have learned from shipping my own materials that packaging that is too thin is prone to getting creased. It does not always happen, but it almost never happens with dimensionally thicker packaging.

I responded immediately to Tim because it was a manufacturing issue on my part.

Ken
Jul 22, 2014, 08:57 PM
Crazy Canuck
Super, hope to hear from him soon as I'm now working on finishing my first of 5 flying projects and this one is the third one on the building block. Thanks for the great feed back and look forward to working it out.
Jul 23, 2014, 06:46 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Yep, the postal service has really gone downhill with all the goverment cutbacks. How hard is it to put a flat package on top of the big heavy ones? Ken and SGT, I know you guys are trying to get the most out of every sheet, but have you thought about aligning everything on the sheets and leaving it all together with little tabs like the plastic models kits that we can cut. That way nothing gets shifted around in shipping? Newbeflyer, if you liked that paper flyer with SGT's designs, you need to check his site and see all the other amazing things he does with just a couple sheets of foam
Jul 23, 2014, 08:00 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
... Ken and SGT, I know you guys are trying to get the most out of every sheet, but have you thought about aligning everything on the sheets and leaving it all together with little tabs like the plastic models kits that we can cut. That way nothing gets shifted around in shipping? Newbeflyer, if you liked that paper flyer with SGT's designs, you need to check his site and see all the other amazing things he does with just a couple sheets of foam
I cannot Speak for SGT, but that is how I send my products out. They are still in the sheet or I trim around leaving the edge protected. That is how your parts are coming to you.

Ken
Jul 23, 2014, 10:18 AM
Where do I order this? I'm not seeing it on the SGT web page. Also are there going to be skins? I've done the two Star Trek ships with the skins. And would like to add this to the collection.

Thanks
Last edited by mmmdowning; Jul 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: More thoughts
Jul 23, 2014, 02:15 PM
Crazy Canuck
One could package it this way as to be able to fit in a post office supplied box one that are strong and are free ( you don't nee to send it priority mail. Using blue tape to keep the parts together and then filling the gaps with crushed paper to prevent moving around. Just suggesting a better way to protect the parts from getting man handled by the post office stampers for fragile item boxes.
Jul 23, 2014, 03:14 PM
Skins are done (see post #121). However, they have yet to be printed and tested for fit etc.
Jul 23, 2014, 04:43 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Any sugestions as how to print the skins from my home printer, paper type, glueing, etc.
Jul 24, 2014, 02:43 PM
Crazy Canuck
The skin design looks great will you have them available to buy? As I don't have the means to make them.
Jul 24, 2014, 08:01 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Hi guys,

Finally made it back from working out of town. It was a rough one too.

Sorry about the shipping problem. I have only had 2 , well now 3 kits that ended up damaged from shipping. It looks like they folded the dang package in half!

I did pay for the insurance so I will go talk to my post office in the morning to find out what we need to do to post a claim. I will get another kit cut and ship it to you.

I will have to figure a better way to pack it too! I just packed it like I do my other kits.

Sorry for the issues. I will get a new one on the way.
Jul 24, 2014, 09:12 PM
Crazy Canuck
Thank you and I appreciate you working this out. Excellent customer service. I hope the post office will work with you in getting reimbursed. Look forward to the new one.
Jul 25, 2014, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
Any sugestions as how to print the skins from my home printer, paper type, glueing, etc.
How big of a sheet will your printer print? Is the ink pigment or dye?
Jul 25, 2014, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER
The skin design looks great will you have them available to buy? As I don't have the means to make them.
Maybe. It's heavy in the black so the actual printing might be an issue. Won't be able to test it for a bit.

Quick Reply