Apr 25, 2011, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Middle Wallop vintage meet

Weather good...check

Models by the bucket load... check

Good company... check

Lovely day flying at the middle wallop r/c assist vintage day.

A quick assortment of models not normally seen. I didnt take pics of the mass of tomboys.

The 2 Bowden Bees were a treat. The one on the right has the original cowl and engine from bowden and was built by Phil Smith. Flew beautifully.

Roll on Summer!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2011, 02:26 AM
Nice Pics .
Apr 25, 2011, 03:13 AM
the blue Mercury V ( the builder moded the R Smith's Mk lV slightly ) was a very nice example of the model and flew very nicel - made me want to open my box of laser cut bits and make a start on it
Apr 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
Very nice! Thanks for shearing adamtc
Apr 25, 2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like a great day Love the gorgeous little Shiffermuller! Must get round to building a small version for electric
Apr 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
Fabulous photos, models and flying site with the spring flowers showing.
Apr 25, 2011, 06:30 PM
Wow open rocker four strokes, ignition engines, diesel powered Laser engines.........my kind of crowd
Wish you guys were closer

Bill
Apr 25, 2011, 11:10 PM
I'm with you, Bill... I got to an Old Warden model flying day 30+ years ago, never saw anything like it in my life before or since! Freeflight, r/c, c/l, all forms of power, all flying at the same time...
Apr 26, 2011, 02:35 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
What, NO Tomboy pics?

Scott
Apr 26, 2011, 05:25 AM
*jj
*jj
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white
What, NO Tomboy pics?

Scott
Well, there were PLENTY of Tomboys there, including mine (which crashed)
Apr 26, 2011, 06:21 AM
Thread OP
one down.... 34 to go....

plenty of tomboys there but as there a bit common with the same exact set up , it seemed pointless to take pics. Think of wasps round a picnic and you have the general impression of the scene.

Shame to see to few young people there in both r/c and FF. Seems this part of the hobby is going to slowly liquidate itself if it doesnt get more young folk in.

The tomboys for example are all flown as per set comp rules. No electric. How many kids can start a diesel?
Apr 26, 2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtc
one down.... 34 to go....

How many kids can start a diesel?
I can and still do, Adam
Age is all in the mind or so I tell my bones

more pics - the old boy with the vintage free flighters - I thought he was selling off - but oh no - he was there to fly them all

note the bike for retrieval - essential on the large army airfield and a windy day.

john38
Last edited by John38; Apr 26, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
Apr 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
this pic dropped out for some reason

Bryan to the right of picture - his models were stentorian,southerner 60 , KK super 60 and an alpha ?? memory fails me here.

Mick's models are the Majestic Major and the gamma gull

Adam had alreadygone off home with his majestic major

one of these days when Adam has a day off work we will get the 4 majestic majors on camcorder at Beaulieu.

We had 3 the other day flying with 3 buzzards all in a very tight space vying for a small thermal and no camcorder

john
Apr 26, 2011, 01:22 PM
Thread OP
video by Mick. Im the loon at the start with my Major.

Vintage Model Flying (7 min 46 sec)
Apr 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks Adam, we haven't had a good video in awhile.......perfect day!!

Bill

Quick Reply