Apr 24, 2011, 07:20 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Thread OP
Discussion

The eye in the sky .. Bird view in gliding mode... 1st video ;)

Hi ...

Just wanted to share this unique experience .. it's a lot of fun indeed .. intense and immersive experience .

Now I'd love to do that in FPV .. flapping and gliding .. in high wind .. well .. someday my dream will come true .. I'll start saving from now ..

I hope you enjoy it

Khaled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVS2K6CCl0w
Last edited by khaled_abobakr; Apr 24, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
Your video is good in gliding mode. How about to inclining the camera angle ?
Kjell
Apr 24, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL
Your video is good in gliding mode. How about to inclining the camera angle ?
Kjell
Hi Mr Kjell ...

Sure I'll try that next time .. Now i need to see that video from The robird Peregrine falcon of Mr Robert Musters ..

Thanks for watching

Khaled
Apr 24, 2011, 11:32 AM
Khaled,

Nice video, I have a similar camera. After I get used to flying my LH, I would like to take it up and video the experience as well. After seeing how well your bird handled the camera, I have no doubt that my LH can handle the weight.

Jason
Apr 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Coleman
Khaled,

Nice video, I have a similar camera. After I get used to flying my LH, I would like to take it up and video the experience as well. After seeing how well your bird handled the camera, I have no doubt that my LH can handle the weight.

Jason
Hi Jason

I've posted the tail position photos for you so you can have a reference for your tail setup .. at neutral and at launch positions ...

No doubt the Lazy hawk can handle that camera .. and you can expect a long joyful glide too ...

Khaled
Apr 24, 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi, Khaled

Thank you for the reference. I realized that if i turned my servo around 90 degrees so the arm is closer to the tail, that I get more travel out of the movement of the elevator. I can move it from about 35 degrees to almost flat. I'm a lot more happier with it now because I could not get the results before with the servo arm farther from the tail.

Thanks Again, You are a lot of help for this forum.

Jason
Apr 25, 2011, 04:37 AM
Thread OP
Hi Jason ..

Thanks you're most welcome ...

Please keep in mind that whatever you do to your tail .. it still has to have a an up angle in neutral to get a level flight at least for now ..then you can tinker with it .. but it's a lot safer to have an up angle in the tail than to have a flat tail .. it may cause a nose dive when you launch it if you have a flat tail .. so slowly but surely ..

again around 15degree at neutral position , around 20 degree at launch ,,,

Khaled
Apr 25, 2011, 09:02 AM
Looks like I'll have to wait until the end of the week before I attempt a flight. The forecast is for windy conditions until Friday.
Apr 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
not as shakey as i thought it would be might have to try it on the lazy hawk with some sort of suspension system
nice video cheers brian
Apr 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
Hi Brian ...

That clip is showing the gliding (none flapping) part of the flight .. so it's not shaky and it shouldn't be ... the difficult part is how to get a stable vision during flapping ...

I wonder how Mr Robert Musters will do it .. pretty difficult I suppose .. but not for him ...

Khaled

Quick Reply