Thread Tools
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:57 AM
memnuts is online now
Find More Posts by memnuts
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Will a 2s 460mah work well with the mini popwing? How long of a flight time will I get?
obviously it depends on the motor used if you go with the motor that comes with the mini pop wing from NP then you will get about 5-6 min. depending on how hard you push.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:24 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by memnuts View Post
obviously it depends on the motor used if you go with the motor that comes with the mini pop wing from NP then you will get about 5-6 min. depending on how hard you push.
Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:38 AM
whirlcap is offline
Find More Posts by whirlcap
If it spins, wear it.
whirlcap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
All Popwings are on sale at NP.
I ordered one tonight, use promo code pricepickle for another 1.50 off. Looking forward to joining the "wing" crowd
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:53 AM
Captain Ron is offline
Find More Posts by Captain Ron
STOP CALLING THEM "DRONES!!!"
Captain Ron's Avatar
I received my mini popwing today. I was surprised to see that it was pretty much assembled already. Both halves are glued together and the motor mount and battery hold down is already glued on. I just have to put on the winglets/vertical stabs. I will probably reglue the motor mount just to be safe. I'm still waiting on the slowboat from China with my servos and motors.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:56 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
DO reglue the motor mount!

The GOOP is really good on the leading edges.
Be advised the GOOP fumes will be horrendous indoors.

My 1200 kit came in today (along with a backup mini).
Have no idea what to run in it. Gotta go stronger than stock for sure.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:10 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
LOL Johnnymeg,
What is that? Parkjet wings?
I've seen that done with SkyFun wings but it never crossed
my mind to build a mini version.
How does it perform?
I have 2 spare Parkjet kits sitting here...
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:24 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs

Airframe Strengthening


I ran a line of thin CA across the full length of every carbon rod top and bottom.
Used accelerator too.
Seemed to make the airframe a bit stiffer.

This was on my 900mm version. Haven't tried it on the mini yet.

If someone else could try this and post results it would be interesting to get another opinion.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:44 AM
Johnnymeg is offline
Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
LOL Johnnymeg,
What is that? Parkjet wings?
I've seen that done with SkyFun wings but it never crossed
my mind to build a mini version.
How does it perform?
I have 2 spare Parkjet kits sitting here...
Lol Im not gonna lie I put that thing togther, with the intent that it would never fly. To my suprise and all the people at the flying field, it flew insanely well even after one of the servos messed up. Ill see if I can get some video of it after replacing the servo. its Freaking amazing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:47 AM
Johnnymeg is offline
Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
DO reglue the motor mount!

The GOOP is really good on the leading edges.
Be advised the GOOP fumes will be horrendous indoors.

My 1200 kit came in today (along with a backup mini).
Have no idea what to run in it. Gotta go stronger than stock for sure.
If you got the budget run a Micro Dan 2505-2900kv with a 6x4 prop and 30 amp esc you will have more power than you can handle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:06 AM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
I don't, what's the equivalent in a poor man's motor?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
superblue is offline
Find More Posts by superblue
Vegas Flyer
superblue's Avatar
Hey Ron,
My name is Todd. I fly at the Bennet field too. Haven't been in a while as I have been on other projects. However I got my POP Wing today and was wondering what you glue the wing halves together with. I know a lot of guys use Goop and some say even CA... Do you know what is the best...I may upgrade motor later,,not sure


Todd
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Johnnymeg is offline
Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblue View Post
Hey Ron,
My name is Todd. I fly at the Bennet field too. Haven't been in a while as I have been on other projects. However I got my POP Wing today and was wondering what you glue the wing halves together with. I know a lot of guys use Goop and some say even CA... Do you know what is the best...I may upgrade motor later,,not sure


Todd
You can use goop but you have to let it dry, I dont like CA personally because it becomes hard and can crack on spectacular landings, if you want a quick and solid bond use hot glue or welders.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
superblue is offline
Find More Posts by superblue
Vegas Flyer
superblue's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
You can use goop but you have to let it dry, I dont like CA personally because it becomes hard and can crack on spectacular landings, if you want a quick and solid bond use hot glue or welders.
thanks man, I think I am going to use the Super GOOP for the wing halves and then CA for everything else,,,,See what happens,,,I have the 1200 mm wing,,I forgot to mention that,,,,
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:35 PM
Captain Ron is offline
Find More Posts by Captain Ron
STOP CALLING THEM "DRONES!!!"
Captain Ron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblue View Post
Hey Ron,
My name is Todd. I fly at the Bennet field too. Haven't been in a while as I have been on other projects. However I got my POP Wing today and was wondering what you glue the wing halves together with. I know a lot of guys use Goop and some say even CA... Do you know what is the best...I may upgrade motor later,,not sure


Todd
What's up Todd!

I used Shoe Goo to put my popwing together. Not sure if it is the best but it seems to work fine for my popwing with the stock power system. It doesn't dry hard, it's somewhat flexible. I originally bought the Shoe goo to fix my rc truck body but I saw a video from nitroplanes where Antonio said he used shoe goo to put the popwing together so I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's another video I did yesterday...
Techone Popwing rear facing camera (6 min 38 sec)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:33 AM
Johnnymeg is offline
Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Johnnymeg's Avatar
Shoe Goo i think is the best for joing the wings halves i did that thats what i was going to suggest next but it didnt come to me at the time. Also another quick built note. If you can carefully take the motor mount off and put shoe goo or amazing goop with a 3 inch diamater around the area where the mount goes thats a good idea, i have ripped motor mounts clean off the wing on hard crashes. I prefer to use the stick mount design i have in one of my earlier posts.
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Techone models?? lectroglide Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 Aug 07, 2011 02:54 PM
Sold Techone Energy EPP Foamy Wattsup23 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Mar 31, 2011 04:28 AM
Sold Techone Piaget 3D EPP New in box $45 shipped! Lindy757 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 18, 2011 12:01 AM
Discussion TechOne F3P??? cglynn Indoor Pattern/F3P 6 Mar 11, 2011 02:24 PM
Question techone malibu 2 or techone aeolus? genesis96 Indoor Pattern/F3P 16 Jan 19, 2011 02:02 PM