This thread is privately moderated by Tom Hunt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2011, 02:38 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Discussion

FMS Stuka 250KG bomb drop assy and mechanism

Got to work some today after writing a product review for FLY Rc.

I have decided to drop a single 250Kg (scaled of course) on the centerline trapeze. I did my best to replicate the trapeze based on the info I had. It hinges just behind the chin scoop and attaches to the bomb through a slotted fitting at the CG of the bomb.

I used an old FMA S90 servo for a drop mechanism. It is a simple swing-out-of-the-way pin arrangement through an eye bolt on the bomb. I think the pictures can tell the rest.

I still can't do movies yet, but plan on soon. For now a simulated drop is depicted last.
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Apr 23, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2011, 06:41 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
What can I say Tom? Awesome! Now if you can come up with a working siren that would be Awesomer!

Gary
Apr 23, 2011, 07:35 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
I think I can make a noise... but how loud it will be and will it get over the rest of the noise of the aircraft, I'm not sure.

The way this model is made, (spilt pants) I should be able to come up with something acceptable.

Tom
Apr 23, 2011, 09:00 PM
Plane crazy
Very nice!

I hope we can see a video soon.
Apr 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
Plane crazy
Tom:

I found this on the trapeze. It may help.
Apr 24, 2011, 06:24 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
Tom:

I found this on the trapeze. It may help.
Yes

That's the same one I had, but not much else. It is incredible that of all the paper and e-books I have on the Stuka, very few have drawings or pictures of the bomb installed. I think I will add some sort of sway braces like the ones they show in the sketches.
Feb 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
wow,u come in the right time(or me i come :P)
i just ordered the 1400mm stuka last few days and im waiting to attach my torpedo on it(check my thread)
again wow for the idea and its so realistic
many thnx
Jun 05, 2012, 02:15 PM
No Hangar Queens!
huh.. I would have made the servo operate the crutch swing action and implanted a magnet in the bottom of the fuselage and inside the bomb. The magnet would hold the bomb in place and the arm would jettison the bomb and break the magnetic bond. Super cool though.
Feb 07, 2013, 12:18 AM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
What did you make your bomb out of ?
Latest blog entry: Dynam B-26 Marauder Bomb Bay
Oct 17, 2014, 11:08 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
Tom, any chance you could post your trapese stl? (and bomb if not on thingiverse)?

Thanks..
Oct 17, 2014, 11:17 PM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
I think the bomb was posted. I know because I made a few on my buddies 3D printer, but it could have been a scale smaller for the Bf 110. I know these aren't German ordinance. but check these out.http://www.dropadambomb.com The video section shows them hitting and exploding. Much more durable then the Quantums.
Latest blog entry: Dynam B-26 Marauder Bomb Bay
Oct 17, 2014, 11:28 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
I think the bomb was posted. I know because I made a few on my buddies 3D printer, but it could have been a scale smaller for the Bf 110. I know these aren't German ordinance. but check these out.http://www.dropadambomb.com The video section shows them hitting and exploding. Much more durable then the Quantums.
Thanks. Found the bomb but not the trapese.... I can design em, but was hoping for the "easy button"

Quick Reply