Apr 23, 2011, 02:06 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Build Log

Stevens AeroModel - Swift (100)

My latest purchase from SA is the Swift (100) 21" and my next build. I like the idea of having all control surfaces besides getting hooked on the Spektrum BNF. I'm a Futaba guy however; I'm really liking my DX7 and looking forward to trying this AR6400LBL Ultra Microlite along with the AS2000 servos.
Latest blog entry: For Sale
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2011, 02:55 PM
Very nice, looking forward to the build and maiden report. She looks like a grown-up LittleRod.
Apr 23, 2011, 09:49 PM
Visitor from Reality
Oddly enough, this full sized small single seater appears to have been inspired by Stevens new kit ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=compe...w=1339&bih=574

Will give you a few ideas for colour schemes and other such stuff

D
Apr 23, 2011, 10:08 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck
Oddly enough, this full sized small single seater appears to have been inspired by Stevens new kit ...
D
Thanks - I'm thinking red and white, but those are a few more possibilities...
Keith
Apr 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Lol certainly the other way around. We started in on the Comper but soon agreed it looked a bit to..... well.... British. A few curves here and there and once again there was harmony at the "skunked" works of the SA workshop.

Bill

Quote:

D
Apr 24, 2011, 12:21 PM
Visitor from Reality
Okay - who's doing one with a dummy radial?

D
Apr 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages
Thanks - I'm thinking red and white, but those are a few more possibilities...
Keith
Or maybe the PT 19 color scheme or a PT 20
Apr 26, 2011, 11:23 AM
Stevens,

"We started in on the Comper but soon agreed it looked a bit to..... well.... British."

Though I'm a Yank, bred and true, I would take offence (offense, on this pond side) .

Jim R.
May 06, 2011, 10:23 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

I just have to.......

Start the build..... It's just too hard to sit on my hands Derek....

Ordered some LiPos today with a weight of 17g and that's with a balance plug which I have to have on my lipos.

Thunder Power RC - 250mAh 2S 7.4V 20C ProLite V2

Wire Gauge: 20AWG
Weight: 0.60 oz (17g)
Length: 1.57 in (40mm)
Width: 0.83 in (21mm)
Height: 0.43 in (11mm)
Maximum Burst Discharge : 40C
Maximum Continuous Current : 5A
Last edited by simages; May 06, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
May 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
Visitor from Reality
Build? What's with this building business?

I thought you got a bag of bits and a sachet of glue. Open the bag of bits, open and pour the glue into the bag, shake vigourously and test glide the complete model across the living room five minutes later...

Regards

Dereck
Who just cut out 12 tapered wing ribs for a 200% full size model - and survived with no cuts, which is pretty good, all things considered...
May 06, 2011, 01:47 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP
Quote:
Build? What's with this building business?
I thought you got a bag of bits and a sachet of glue. Open the bag of bits, open and pour the glue into the bag, shake vigourously and test glide the complete model across the living room five minutes later...... Regards Dereck
You can almost do that with these SA kits!

Quote:
Who just cut out 12 tapered wing ribs for a 200% full size model - and survived with no cuts, which is pretty good, all things considered... Regards Dereck
I usually CA my fingers before I cut myself however; my wife put a box of band-aids on my table while grinning..... what a gal!
May 08, 2011, 06:16 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Well........

That was easy!

Nice touch with the 11 page Photo Supplement "download"

I would recommend any of the Stevens AeroModel kits as a first time build!
May 10, 2011, 09:37 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Got started on covering

It was a little tougher to get aound this one...... I decided on white with red trim and will follow something like this scheme and it will evolve as I go.....
May 11, 2011, 06:58 AM
Visitor from Reality
The FROG Linnet - a lovely model. The one I'm tinkering with is the 'Raven' from the same range, blown up to an IMAA Crushing 200%. Okay, that's all of 36" span

With painful childhod memories of cutting such kits out - dragging a razor blade through rock- hard fuzzy balsa around badly printed parts with all the patience a kid could raise - i could nearly go buy a small laser cut kit just to say I'd done it!

D
May 15, 2011, 09:31 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Thread OP

Well another wet weekend......

No problem did a little covering on the Swift, using th lines from the Ailerons and elevator.

Quick Reply