Apr 22, 2011, 08:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Easy Glider vs. Easy Star as video platform?

Hello All,

I have not flown in 20+ years and have actively sabotaged my past expericnce by learning to fly GA aircraft

I am getting back into flying RC for the purpose of aerial video/photography. I had come to the conclusion that the Easy Star was thte best choice.

I have been hunting all of the local shops looking for the Easy Star and no luck. Today I spoke with a gentleman at one of the shops and he suggested that for my application the Easy Glider with a pusher motormount retrofit was a better choice. Also, they have the EG in stock.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Stephen
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2011, 10:16 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
I think it would be too much messing around to convert the EZ Glider.

EsayStars are available on-line and have a large cockpit for cam mounting.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...its/Categories
Apr 23, 2011, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the input.
I do prefer dealing with a local shop and I do love to tinker. Any thoughts on flight characteristics? Suitability for a "new" flyer?
Apr 23, 2011, 02:10 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenG
Thanks for the input.
I do prefer dealing with a local shop and I do love to tinker. Any thoughts on flight characteristics? Suitability for a "new" flyer?
The EasyStar is a legendary trainer plane as are a few others. It's a stable larger plane and is used for photo and video platform as well a FPV (First Person Video)
The pusher motor is great for photo work as well as saving grief replacing nose mounted folding props.
You can do a lot of tinkering with the EZ* but it's nice to be able to fly it out of the box.
Apr 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
Thread OP
Any input on the Easy Glider?
Apr 24, 2011, 12:22 PM
You might want to take a look at this thread. Alot of info on the EZ.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1363621

Tom
Apr 27, 2011, 03:56 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenG
I spoke with a gentleman at one of the shops and he suggested that for my application the Easy Glider with a pusher motormount retrofit was a better choice.
a user on here (scrtsqrl) is a long time FPV guy and he uses an EasyStar with EasyGlider wings........ a lot less hassle than fitting a motor to an EasyGlider!!

Quick Reply