Spektrum DX6i Aux Channel - RC Groups
Apr 21, 2011, 07:40 PM
Discussion

Spektrum DX6i Aux Channel

Hey guys,
I have the Parkzone P-47 Thunderbolt with AR600 receiver which i just installed retracts to (gear channel). I am wanting to install a LED light system that has on/off switch to the Aux channel. Before i had the retracts i had the light system hooked up to the gear channel and by flicking the switch on tx they would turn on/off.
My problem is that i can't get them to work the same on the Aux channel. They come on no problems but won't switch on/off.

Can this be done???

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2011, 08:25 PM
60 years of RC flying
First thing I would do is go to the Monitor screen on the DX6i and see what happens when you change the flap switch. What you want to happen is that, like the gear channel -- Ch5, the cursor goes from one end to the other. If the flap switch doesn't produce similar results on Ch6, you'll have to adjust the flap programming. I don't have a DX6i to play with, so can't be specific, but if you describe what happens, I'm sure someone else will help.

For this kind of thing, always start by eliminating the receiver and looking directly at what the transmitter is doing by viewing the Monitor screen.
Last edited by Daedalus66; Apr 21, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
Apr 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Yes it can be done

I will assume since you connected the LED kit in the AUX channel that you are not using DUAL AILERON WING TYPE and also you are not using FLAPS.

IF this is the case this is also part of you're problem. Since you are not using flaps the flap channel is in the MIDDLE position and remains regardless of the flap switch position because no flap value is inputed in the flap menu screen.

So in order for it to work you must input some flap value as follow.
Go into Flaps in NORM position input either DN or UP 100% and the opposite DN or UP for the LAND position.

Now if you go back to the servo monitor screen you will now see the flap or AUX channel move from one end of travel to the other and that is what you need for your LED kit setup.

Now if you want to have them ON in the other switch position then simple reverse the UP & DN 100% values for the NORM & LAND position in the flap menu.
Apr 24, 2011, 02:54 AM
She works! Thanks heaps freechip.
Getting some footage filmed of the P-47 flying with retracts & LED's soon, will post a link for you to checkout.

Cheers
Apr 24, 2011, 09:01 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Glad it worked out for you, good flying.
Apr 25, 2011, 04:45 AM
hey, do you know where i could get some orange touchup paint for the extra?
i purchased the tamiya one listed from the parkzone website but it is too light, needs to be darker.

cheers
Jun 10, 2015, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Yes it can be done

I will assume since you connected the LED kit in the AUX channel that you are not using DUAL AILERON WING TYPE and also you are not using FLAPS.

IF this is the case this is also part of you're problem. Since you are not using flaps the flap channel is in the MIDDLE position and remains regardless of the flap switch position because no flap value is inputed in the flap menu screen.

So in order for it to work you must input some flap value as follow.
Go into Flaps in NORM position input either DN or UP 100% and the opposite DN or UP for the LAND position.

Now if you go back to the servo monitor screen you will now see the flap or AUX channel move from one end of travel to the other and that is what you need for your LED kit setup.

Now if you want to have them ON in the other switch position then simple reverse the UP & DN 100% values for the NORM & LAND position in the flap menu.
.....and 4 years later your post helped me as well. Thanks for taking the time to explain it here.
Mar 20, 2017, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermiform
.....and 4 years later your post helped me as well. Thanks for taking the time to explain it here.
Six years later. Still helpful!