New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2011, 03:36 AM
Find More Posts by crushbunny
Help!

How to break this engine??

Hi guys, I'm new here and sort of new to flying gas airplanes. I recently bought this cox engine (R/C Kuro Customized Cox .049 Model Airplane Engine/ Exhaust throttle) and arrived today to me. I want to use this in a one of my large electric plane but I don't know how to break it before mounting the engine. This is a brand new engine and I don't know how to use it for the first time. Any detailed help would be nice.

Here it is:

regards,
Erika.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by earlwb
Here is instructions on operation and breaking in the engine: http://coxengines.ca/pages.php?pageid=6

Here is what they say for breaking in a engine:
Quote:
A brand new engine should be broken in. Simply run the engine for one full fuel tank in a very rich mixture setting. Let the engine cool off and repeat with a slightly leaner mixture (higher RPM). Repeat once more at almost full RPM and you are set to go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:10 AM
Thank you so much earlwb! That was very helpful..
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:37 AM
Find More Posts by Pinecone
Will fly for food
How large a plane?

A Cox .049 is equal to about a 70 watt electric motor.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
How large a plane?
It's a fiberglass glider. (1.5m wingspan).