The Puddle Shark! ADDED NEW HD DURATION FLIGHT!FREE PDF PLANS by BILLWHIT - Page 5 - RC Groups
Apr 25, 2011, 01:34 PM
Call it Spiddlebug
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2011, 01:37 PM
or KronikBug
Apr 25, 2011, 03:38 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Models
"PuddleBug" is a trademark of StevensAeromodel. Did you get permission from SA to rip off his quite original, copyrighted, design in foam, and publish plans for it?

Go ahead and flame me, if you think I'm wrong for asking that.

Check my first post. Thanks for watching MY thread.

Peace.

ALBRT.
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Apr 25, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Apr 25, 2011, 03:43 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechannelmast
you know it like the lazy bee rename the skybuggy
Yes sir, and I do have one from SA, it's a pleasure to build and fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
Call it Spiddlebug
That's a cool name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaggett
or KronikBug
That's a cooler name.

...you guys makes me smile.

ALBRT
Apr 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
I believe that the only wrong if any done here was to use the trademark name. Kronikpilot outlined his intentions in the very first post, and that the SA Puddlebug was the inspiration for his enlarged foamie version of it.

I must admit that I in producing a foamie variation of Andy Clancy's Lazy Bee and calling it a Blazy Bee is stretching credibilty a bit. Though I was not making kits at the time. Kronikpilot is not making kits and I am sure did not intend to step on anyones toes.

On another front. If you use similar wing shapes and configurations, is that ripping off? Can you honestly say its original. The Puddlebug is inspired by various free flight and old timer models.

No flaming going on. SA offers outstanding kits at a good value. Just looking at the Puddlebug right now. Its on sale for $37.50 http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAe...4-p-20298.html

I also understand the need to protect your intellectual property as well.

Ken
Well said Sir Ken, Thank you. I knew I was going to see such a post. It gets me down and I can't really explain well because English is my 3rd language.

...Anyways I will cool off for a while and step back from designing. I did have a racing/pylon Gee Bee on my drawing board but now I'm confused if I should call it something else.

ALBRT
Apr 25, 2011, 04:55 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
Brother ALBRT, don't worry about any of this and when you build something really cool that you enjoy for yourself and others benefit from, just call it..."MINE"

It's not your fault SA makes such cool models to base what we do from.
Apr 25, 2011, 05:09 PM

hi Kronikpilot

don`t stop now keep building im doing the puddle bug now thanks for the ideal and hard work plz build the gee bee that name everybody use thanks for the plans and info and video keep up the good work jeff t
Apr 25, 2011, 06:05 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Brother ALBRT, don't worry about any of this and when you build something really cool that you enjoy for yourself and others benefit from, just call it..."MINE"

It's not your fault SA makes such cool models to base what we do from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechannelmast
don`t stop now keep building im doing the puddle bug now thanks for the ideal and hard work plz build the gee bee that name everybody use thanks for the plans and info and video keep up the good work jeff t
...it's people like you that keeps me going. Thank you for all the support.

ALBRT
Apr 25, 2011, 06:29 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikpilot
Well said Sir Ken, Thank you. I knew I was going to see such a post. It gets me down and I can't really explain well because English is my 3rd language.

...Anyways I will cool off for a while and step back from designing. I did have a racing/pylon Gee Bee on my drawing board but now I'm confused if I should call it something else.

ALBRT
Albert,
I know this can get you down. I believe you have overwhelming support here. If nothing else, it is something to consider as far as using the name of a currently offered product by someone else who has an active business. Mountain Models while his comment was a bit reactionary does bring up a valid point in the use of the name, nothing else though. When I first read this thread I wondered if there might be some kind of reaction. Sorry I did not bring it up to you in a PM. Sometimes I do not know where to draw the line on when to speak, and when to keep quiet.

Even the kit makers are having a tough time using trade names on their products. One kit producer has had to call his model a 185. He was prohibited from using the name Cessna in it, even though that was obviously what it was. These names become propietory, and at times indicate some type of affiliation. This translates into becoming unecessarily involved in frivolous lawsuits. However, I believe at this time that it can only apply to current manufacturers.

Albert, it would not hurt to contact SA tell them what happened and ask what they would like to see. Most people are quite reasonable. The very worst thing that could happen is that they would ask you to change the name. I am pretty sure that copyright is not a problem with the conceptual design itself. Then you can know what to do in the future (you did the right thing with the Evader Jet). Then when you get posts like Mountian Models, you can tell them where to take their complaints, in a nice way .

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Apr 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thanks again Sir Ken, I will be more carefull next time . Sir Bill Stevens of Stevens Aeromodel have given me instructions on how to avoid this. He also generously gave me a non-commercial permission to use PuddleBug for this model, based on their awesome original puddlebug product. Companies like SA will stay in business for a very long time because of their support to our hobbies and their vision to engage and help fellow modelers instead of "I WILL SUE YOU ATTITUDE". Thanks again Sir Bill Stevens for giving me the chance to keep this thread open and keep the "PuddleBug" flying.

ALBRT
Apr 25, 2011, 08:40 PM
i got it now ... the KP Island Bug or KP Guam-squito
Apr 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
I like Ken's verbage. Obviously, since you have nothing to gain here you have no ulterior motive on the design. Just a hobbyist loving his hobby and sharing the joy with others who have the same love. Don't let this put a negative twist on your love of the hobby.

EDit: Just saw your last post. GREAT! Thinking of getting the balsa kit now as I want to start building in balsa and it looks like an easy kit to start with.
Apr 25, 2011, 08:52 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thanks again everyone. Kindly remove all posted plans for this model. I've ask Billwhit to revise the wordings on the plan, and I will post it after it's done.

...Sorry for the inconvenience. I did not see this coming

ALBRT
Apr 25, 2011, 08:55 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
I like Ken's verbage. Obviously, since you have nothing to gain here you have no ulterior motive on the design. Just a hobbyist loving his hobby and sharing the joy with others who have the same love. Don't let this put a negative twist on your love of the hobby.

EDit: Just saw your last post. GREAT! Thinking of getting the balsa kit now as I want to start building in balsa and it looks like an easy kit to start with.
Thanks BI, you will enjoy building and flying the balsa kit. And for the price SA is offering it cannot be beat.

P.S
I live in an Island nowhere, SA speedy delivery and awesome customer support is "TOP NOTCH".

ALBRT
Apr 25, 2011, 08:57 PM

okay

okay now can we get on with the new build and talk about this air plane plz the drama is killing me