Apr 22, 2011, 06:18 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit
Pretty much all my builds are Rediboard these days...so you wont be alone!

I should have a cleaned up pdf posted tomorrow.
One of the wonderful things about RCGroups is the great support we give to one another. Just wanted to take the time to thank you and others.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2011, 06:25 AM
7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
One of the wonderful things about RCGroups is the great support we give to one another. Just wanted to take the time to thank you and others.

Ken
Pat yourself on the back too Ken, those combat planes are awesome as well as your other stuff.

-Buk
Apr 22, 2011, 06:56 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7up
Pat yourself on the back too Ken, those combat planes are awesome as well as your other stuff.

-Buk

Thanks Buk!

I am just glad there are other like minded folks here. So many great ideas, and not enough time.

Ken
Apr 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
Flying high
Quote:

Ken
I appreciate that! When I started this hobby I was pretty much lost until I found this forum. I've learned so much from other users willing to help and have always been amazed how you can get almost any question answered (or at least an opinion on it ), so I give back what I can.
Apr 22, 2011, 10:54 AM
Flying high
I've emailed you the plans Albert!
Last edited by billwhit; Apr 26, 2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: removed first draft plans
Apr 22, 2011, 11:42 AM
Wow that is great! thank you!
Apr 22, 2011, 11:55 AM
Kronik ..... Do I smell a skybuggy 100 coming ?
Apr 22, 2011, 05:01 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Plans are tiled letter format. Tried landscape and potrait. Portrait was 12 pages and landscape 10. Went with landscape, and you can omit printing the last 2 pages for a total of 8 page print out.

Ken
Thanks Again sir Ken for tiling the plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Nice job Ken. I just may have to build the J-Bug his Puddle-brother instead of a Bipe. LOL.

ALBRT, I just watched the 2nd vid. Man, what a great flyer. I repeat what I said earlier, "Backyard easy flying" at it's best.
Isn't it great to fly him in close & just snatch him up?

You watch, folks are gonna build the snot out of your PuddleBug. This guy should catch a serious following right quick. This is the kind of flying everyone wants to be able to do. It is so nice to be able to float around without having to do it with an all out 3D machine or harrier a coo coo RET. Though we all know how fun that is.
But being able to relax while doing it.... now THAT'S the ticket!

Nitey nite & God Bless!
Jimmy
Thanks Sir Jimmy, the cool thing with these birds is you can build and modify them according to the gears you want to use. As long as the cg is correct you will have a nice time flying them. you can even build this one without the front tire, I just put it there for scale look and weight.

ALBRT
Apr 22, 2011, 05:04 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit
Here you go Albert!
Did I say YOU THE MAN! Big shout out to Bill always quick to give us a hand when it comes to CLEAN PDFs. I know it's not easy to turn my chicken scratch plans to these awesome clean pdfs thanks again Bill!

ALBRT
Apr 22, 2011, 05:16 PM
BOXFUSE KING!

wing and servo location details.

Servo and electronics locations depends on what gear we are going to use. We can even build this bird without front wheel, I use it for CG weight and scale look. AVOID ADDING DEAD WEIGTHS! move your electronics around to achieve the proper CG. REMEMBER: lighter is SLOWER and FLOATIER! and you can always snag the plane from the sky when landing.

...WINGS! apply packing tape in the middle to hold them together. It's a pretty solid method. I am uploading a video testing the wings with HIGH G LOOPS and aggresive flights on my front yard.

Enjoy and let me know if you guys have any questions.

ALBRT
Apr 22, 2011, 06:14 PM
BOXFUSE KING!

Front yard aggresive MODE!

Here is the aggresive front yard mode. This bird will go where you point it, so I am not worried flying on confined places. I can make aggresive banks with throttle authority. At 2:17 I was trying to snap the wings with High G loops and it was a solid test. I think we got another winner FRONT YARD FLYER here.......on to the next project.

...hmmm

ENJOY!
Puddle Shark aggresive mode and wing tests. (3 min 38 sec)

ALBRT.
Apr 22, 2011, 06:57 PM
Ken's CAD Models
NIce video Albert!

I have been building one virtually. Still working on it.

Ken
Apr 22, 2011, 07:31 PM
Flying high
Nice video Albert! It sounded like the barking pooches didn't like you flying though!

It looks like you have just a bit more room in front or your house than I do. The most I've gotten away with is a small Airhog RTF, and they ended up in the trees more than once. I have one more project I have to finish up before I start this one though. The weather's getting nicer and it's going to be harder to spend time in the basement building...
Apr 22, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hey KP,

Very nice job on the Puddle Bug. I like it a lot! A while back I built a 30 inch Mud Bug
as well as a 36 inch J-bug. I do like my "Bugs" and am tickled to see one as nicely
executed as yours. That wing knows few bounds. It takes a load and keeps on
digging. LOL! Thanks for sharing. Warm regards, Jim
Apr 22, 2011, 08:18 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
Nice vid ALBRT. That inspired me to throw a Rhino 360 on the charger and hope for no wind come 6:30 am tomorrow morning.

Your's obviously flies in exactly the same fashion as mine in that it will fly so stable and relaxing, but as long as it is light and has the power, can be flown like a beast and get just as silly as the coo coo planes. Even though these are just RET high-wingers, they will go right where you point them.

Bill, I actually took mine into the shop I worked at last year and flew it back and forth in a space about 20' by 50', just to see if I could do it. Now mind you it required being able to harrier the little guy, but it will fly in the smallest places. I actually bounced mine around just over my driveway, just to see if I could. It was a bit nutty and could very well have killed the poor 'Bug, but it was fun. Look on the first page of the J-Bug thread and the 2nd vid, it shows a bit tighter space and how slow that wing will carry a load.

Hey Jim! did you ever get the big Mud Bug airborn?