This thread is privately moderated by Zaitsevsky, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 18, 2011, 04:17 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Automated pointing of the video-camera to the object, selected for shooting

Open Source project DirectionFinder
schematic and firmware : http://www.myresearch.lt/production/...onFinder.phtml

Demo:
Automated pointing of the video-camera to the object, selected for shooting (1 min 41 sec)

Experimental device DirectionFinder can be applied for following purposes: automatic pointing of a camera towards the object of shooting; automatic persecution of the specified target; automatic prevention of a collision with the specified target. A special infrared radiator is mounted on the object to be watched by the device. Alternatively, the object can be marked by reflected radiation, for example, laser's ray. Infrared radiation is invisible for human eyes. Infrared radiation is modulated, so the device will not react to any extraneous infrared sources. The device is connected between the receiver and the servomechanism. The device can operate in the autonomous mode, without a control signal from the receiver. One device controls a single plane of rotation; so for control in the horizontal and the vertical directions, two control channels and two DirectionFinder devices are required.

The examples of application of the device:
1. The device is mounted on a radio-controlled vehicle and enables it to pass automatically through the specified gate; to persecute automatically the specified vehicle; to avoid automatically a collision with the specified obstacle.
2. The device is mounted on the active suspension of a video camera and enables the camera to keep automatically the specified object in the center of the shot.
3. The device is mounted on a radio-controlled model of an airplane and enables it automatically to fly above the specified areas or to get into recovery net.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2011, 07:26 AM

Directionfinder?

Would it be possible to track a infrared laser instead or infrared LED's?

I have a multicopter and a camera gimble and would like to track my camera shots without the use of a large infrared LED array
Aug 06, 2011, 03:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiwikat
Would it be possible to track a infrared laser instead or infrared LED's?

I have a multicopter and a camera gimble and would like to track my camera shots without the use of a large infrared LED array
Yes, it is possible, but IR laser diode must be powerfull (same power/distance calculation as for array).
Dec 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
I think I go fly

Great Job

Loved reading your blog, Keep up the good work!

Mike

Quick Reply