May 04, 2011, 03:42 PM
Thread OP
I flew mine today - hot sun, small breeze, and a large dam/hill = a fantastic time. Great attention needs to be given to getting the right CG. Once everything is set, this little glider will stay aloft on very little. I caught a small updraft and circled up an additional 100ft.
However you guys decide to get your Bug cut, you will certainly enjoy it. Join the yahoo group and download the instruction manual before you build it.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Vid soon.

Edit - my battery hatch got a little warped from the wet dew I was landing in.
Last edited by samson55; May 06, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
May 04, 2011, 06:17 PM
Just order 6 laser cut parts kits and will order the spars and tail boom in the morning. One is sold and one is for me the others I sale LOL or keep for later.
May 04, 2011, 06:45 PM
Just call me crash for short
Nice Bug and good flight report. Glad all went well on your outing. Good luck with the builds. Think I'll do one V tail and one DLG. Can't go wrong there can ya?
Last edited by Quick61; May 04, 2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: removed knee jerk comment.......
May 04, 2011, 08:06 PM
Greetings all,
My name is Dave Cowell of DPCM / Aerowerkes and I cut the parts for samson55. Great job Sam!! Yes I always retain files for all custom cuts that I do. Bug parts cost $15.25 ea plus S&H. If it seems cheap, it is compared to other laser cutting services. Simply because I can and I take pride in my work and offer a quality product.

While the bug is not a main staple in my stables nor do I advertise that I offer parts, it will be available to those who ask for it at the above price and I will ship anywhere in the world.

Wallsroofing71,
Your invoice will be sent shortly. Thanks.

Quick61,
I got your email and sent a reply twice. Both times the email was returned due to invalid return email address. Please check your email and/or spam filters/settings to correct this. If I can't be reached via email, you can always snail mail me with a valid phone number at the address given on my website and I will reply.

Thanks in advance for allowing me to post here.

Sincerely,
Dave Cowell
DPCM / Aerowekes
May 04, 2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcmodels
Greetings all,
My name is Dave Cowell of DPCM / Aerowerkes and I cut the parts for samson55. Great job Sam!! Yes I always retain files for all custom cuts that I do. Bug parts cost $15.25 ea plus S&H. If it seems cheap, it is compared to other laser cutting services. Simply because I can and I take pride in my work and offer a quality product.

While the bug is not a main staple in my stables nor do I advertise that I offer parts, it will be available to those who ask for it at the above price and I will ship anywhere in the world.

Wallsroofing71,
Your invoice will be sent shortly. Thanks.

Quick61,
I got your email and sent a reply twice. Both times the email was returned due to invalid return email address. Please check your email and/or spam filters/settings to correct this. If I can't be reached via email, you can always snail mail me with a valid phone number at the address given on my website and I will reply.

Thanks in advance for allowing me to post here.

Sincerely,
Dave Cowell
DPCM / Aerowekes
Well, I stand corrected and my apologizes for that knee jerk reaction. Things just get a bit frustrating at times. (to much rain and grey skies I think) Who know what goes on with these e-mail sites. Maybe one does not like the other or some such. I'll go back and edit my posting and I hope you will accept my sincere apologizes. I know how tough business can be at times. I'll send the mail again from another address and we'll see if that get's through.

Mark
May 04, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hey Mark,
I got your email and sent a reply. I hope this one makes it. If it doesn't, post here and I'll try to do an IM posting. Thanks.

Dave
May 05, 2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks Dave for such quick service I Paypal you the balance for both tail sets.
Thanks again Larry P Walls
May 05, 2011, 03:30 PM
Dave, got your email. I'll be back in touch with you in a day or so. just have some last minuet things to get sorted before I go forward with a bug build. Something always wants to pop up and get in the way. Thanks!
May 06, 2011, 01:07 PM
Thread OP
Make sure to cut the two center ribs (W-1) out of 1/8th balsa, not 1/16th.

Reminder to download the instructions for the file section on the Yahoo group. The file is 3.19mb, so I can't attach it on rcgroups (3mb max)
May 06, 2011, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick61
Nice Bug and good flight report. Glad all went well on your outing. Good luck with the builds. Think I'll do one V tail and one DLG. Can't go wrong there can ya?
The DLG is great on hard SAL and DLG tosses. The v-tail will be great on those windy days there tail strikes will be common! I will post a photo of my tiny mod to strengthen the vertical stab.
May 06, 2011, 01:21 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson55
Reminder to download the instructions for the file section on the Yahoo group. The file is 3.19mb, so I can't attach it on rcgroups (3mb max)
i can split the file if you want to send it to me..

Steve
May 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson55
The DLG is great on hard SAL and DLG tosses. The v-tail will be great on those windy days there tail strikes will be common! I will post a photo of my tiny mod to strengthen the vertical stab.
That was my thinking. Have one for SAL/DL and one for the slopes. Living in Southern Ohio, we got's plenty of slope and a fair amount of wind coming through, just not enough in the last 2 days to blow my Divinity wing out of the top of that 60' tree

Got the file from Yahoo groups on the build. (and most every other file there too)
May 09, 2011, 06:52 PM
Got all the stuff ordered that I couldn't get local (most of it!) and Dave (dpcmodels) is getting my parts cut so I should be in business with a 'real' plane soon enough. Came out being a bit more $ than what I had hoped but some things, like covering and 3/4 oz FG cloth will last me through another build or three, so theres that. Went with the X tail and figure maybe the second one I will cut myself and do the V tail for the slopes. I'm kind of jazzed about getting back into balsa. This should be fun.
May 11, 2011, 02:54 AM
Is my CG correct?
I can't remember my yahoo groups user name. Keen to look at the files for this glider, and it sounds like it would be good to build with my son

So how does buying the plans work-Just pay with paypal and the you can download?

Quick Reply