The Good Getting Better: Skywing's 48-in MXS - Page 35 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 30, 2011, 11:42 PM
christian theme park operator
Thank you kindly Groovejet.

Sometimes it's good to be living in a country that's a relatively small market, eh?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2011, 05:20 AM
How many planes is too many?
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic
Groove,

Are you like me and wondering why everyone in RC Doesn't have one of these in his hangar?

Best value in RC full stop.

s
Yes sub, I think that these planes are so good that they should be in more peoples' hangars. I now have all 4 of the 48" planes; MXS, Extra, Yak 54 and Sbach. I'm currently building the Yak. Then I will build the Sbach.
Oct 01, 2011, 12:30 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
I'm excited to get the plane. Anyone know how long these usually take to ship to the U.S.??

I can't wait until these are available in the U.S.!
Oct 02, 2011, 01:22 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
This thread got quiet quick...
Oct 03, 2011, 04:34 AM
Cookie Monster
Seems to be only a few Aussies enjoying them,shame really.
Oct 03, 2011, 07:37 AM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary
Seems to be only a few Aussies enjoying them,shame really.
Add one American to the club... in a few weeks after it takes the long slow ride over here...
Oct 03, 2011, 05:31 PM
I would like to buy another Scorpion SII-3020-890KV Brushless Outrunner Motor from Hobby King, if someone is willing to use my buddy code.
Oct 04, 2011, 05:06 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Thought I'd wake up this thread with a quick video of trashing my MXS on a stormy afternoon.... not great quality video, but what the hell

Skywing EPP MXS thrashing (2 min 46 sec)
Oct 04, 2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti
Thought I'd wake up this thread with a quick video of trashing my MXS on a stormy afternoon.... not great quality video, but what the hell
Great flying! You're impressively competent and confident down low. One day, if I keep practicing lots...

Do you prefer the handling without SFGs?
Oct 04, 2011, 07:42 PM
Just flitting about!!
Nice flying demon.

Are you using the combo motor or something alternative?

I've got the extra with the combo motor and a turnigy 45A ESC that I have bench tested so far with APC 13x6.5 prop and it seems OK, plenty of pull and not too hot after 30 sec 3/4 throttle. Didn't pop the esc yet.

:-)
Oct 04, 2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger
Nice flying demon.

Are you using the combo motor or something alternative?

I've got the extra with the combo motor and a turnigy 45A ESC that I have bench tested so far with APC 13x6.5 prop and it seems OK, plenty of pull and not too hot after 30 sec 3/4 throttle. Didn't pop the esc yet.

:-)
Do you happen to know what sort of current draw you're getting with the combo (820kv?) motor and a 13x6.5?
Oct 04, 2011, 09:46 PM
Just flitting about!!
No I don't know as yet.

I have a watt meter on order at present, currently operating in the dark on that front.

If smoke starts pouring out I assume I've pushed it too far!!
Oct 05, 2011, 02:09 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
I'm using an L3015A from hobbyking with a K-Force 40A esc
This vid I was running a 12x3.8SF APC
I've tried 12x6E which is unimpressive.
The 13x4E works fantastic with lots of thrust... and climbs like a locomotive... but I broke the only one I had. I need to pick one up from my LHS.
Personally I don't care much for SFG's , apart from them spoiling the look of the plane they also make it behave like a weather vane and we have generally windy days here.
Oct 05, 2011, 04:30 AM
How many planes is too many?
Great flying demonGTI. I just got home from an overnight work trip, so I can now get my Skywing 48" Yak ready to maiden whenever the weather is suitable.
Oct 05, 2011, 07:52 AM
Just flitting about!!
Groovy and guys, how would you compare the MXS performance and ease of 3D compared to the Skywing Extra300?

I should have my Extra300 airborne in the morning and thinking about the next skywing purchase.