Thread Tools
Apr 15, 2011, 03:30 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Discussion

Ordered a LX F-22 from Toy Sonics.com Build thread


So I placed the order this morning for the airframe only. We will see how fast they are. This will be my 10th plane and my first edf.
I am looking for a route to go with edf units. I dont want to spend a ton but also want the best bang for the money. Thinking about the wm400 mkII like Jet-Ster did. Has anyone else tried any different combos? I will put pictures up as everything takes place.
Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by valleypatroll; Apr 15, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2011, 03:31 AM
Registered User
I will follow your build.
Happy landings
Takis
Apr 16, 2011, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Is this the single 70mm or twin 70mm kit? You can look into the Sapac MB-1 motor and fan. the stock LX fan is very similar to the Sapac unit. with the motor it pulls 900+ amps on a good battery, and doubles its output on 5s. Price is around $40 for the motor.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:14 AM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Twin 70mm I will look into it
Apr 16, 2011, 12:15 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
I ordered the wmmkII fans and motors and 100 amp castle esc,s from effluxrc.
Seems to have the highest thrust in the 70 mm category.
Who has the best price on batteries?
Apr 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleypatroll View Post
I ordered the wmmkII fans and motors and 100 amp castle esc,s from effluxrc.
Seems to have the highest thrust in the 70 mm category.
Who has the best price on batteries?
Just be advised that the wmmkII fans put out great thrust but at the same time consume considerable amps compared to other fans.
hobbypartz has great prices on lipos with free shipping with orders over $25.
Apr 16, 2011, 01:56 PM
Registered User
Valuehobby.com has very good lipo prices as well.
Apr 16, 2011, 03:30 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Just be advised that the wmmkII fans put out great thrust but at the same time consume considerable amps compared to other fans.
hobbypartz has great prices on lipos with free shipping with orders over $25.
Thanks
Apr 16, 2011, 03:36 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
Is this the single 70mm or twin 70mm kit? You can look into the Sapac MB-1 motor and fan. the stock LX fan is very similar to the Sapac unit. with the motor it pulls 900+ amps on a good battery, and doubles its output on 5s. Price is around $40 for the motor.
I am going to go this route on my other f-22
What size esc would be needed?
Apr 18, 2011, 10:21 AM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Also where in the world can I find the mb-1 combo? I can only find the motor.
Apr 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Cancel found it at Sapac america. It will be here tomorrow.
Any advice on servos? I am only to be setting this up as a 6 ch to begin with, moving up to a dx8 in a few months.

No longer doing the wemotecs. Efflux would not accept my debit card? No one else has a problem with it.
Apr 18, 2011, 04:31 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Thinking about these
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8499
Apr 18, 2011, 07:44 PM
Half a Huck
valleypatroll's Avatar
Any Input on these?
Apr 18, 2011, 09:11 PM
Registered User
I just ordered the same plane from toysonics, i was also wondering what servos to use. i was looking at these http://www.toysonics.com/corona-ds92...cro-servo.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Blitz RC / LX 70mm F-35 JSF 3D Build Thread xplaneguy Foamy EDFs 312 Jan 10, 2015 02:35 PM
Question LX Twin 70mm F-22. nevrgood Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Apr 11, 2014 04:15 AM
Question Names of any vendors selling the lx mig 29 or lx f-22 rjp0325 Foamy EDFs 23 Mar 27, 2013 05:33 PM
Sold Used 70mm EDF with 2850kv motor for 4S from my LX F-22. T-CAT Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 5 Jan 14, 2011 04:00 PM