Are you selling scirocco now?

Tom
Mar 15, 2019, 11:56 AM
Pile-it
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamame1950

Tom
You aren't the only one who wants to know......

Red
Mar 15, 2019, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamame1950

Tom
Not really Tom, so far Iíve just been making them for myself and a couple of friends.

Ward
Mar 15, 2019, 03:34 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Hagaman
Not really Tom, so far Iíve just been making them for myself and a couple of friends.

Ward
What's the going price on your friendship?

-= Dave
May 18, 2019, 02:32 AM

Iím impressed

I had the chance to Fly this airplane at Torry Pines recently in fantastic conditions. I was pleasantly surprised at the speed envelop and rock solid handling of this airplane! I love the way it tracks through the turbulent rotors behind the cliff edge and how it seems to just just take anything you throw at it!! I have flown one in light lift and heavy lift and it rocks in both arenas ! It is a versatile beautiful design that needs to be recognized as a solid stable and everyday all around great flying pitcheron.
With that said I think Ward has done a outstanding job with his design and look forward to any further developments In what he is doing!!
May 25, 2019, 10:00 AM
Ward.............looking great!
How is the wing finishing coming?
Did you learn from experimentation what works best?
I read a little of what was going through your head on pages 28-30, ie, vinyl vs painting vs rice paper drawings, etc.
Saw is was being done w/ a CF veil surface layer.
Wouldn't a surface layer of .75oz FG work better visually?
PVA (or maybe glass cleaner like (Jester) Mike does)
Clear gloss
Lay in .75oz FG, wet out, blot out w/ TP
Lay in CF veil at root 1/3 out
Lay in Vinyl
Lay in CF, wet out, blot out w/ TP
Etc.
That or just put the vinyl on outside afterward, like you would w/ a sticker decal.
Thoughts?

Bob
Last edited by fly2bob; May 25, 2019 at 10:23 AM.
May 25, 2019, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Bob. I kinda got burned out chasing the aesthetics of graphics. My next wings will have their top side sprayed white in the mold and bare carbon on the bottoms, with wax, PVA and 3/4 oz. veil. Vinyl graphics can be added later. Simple.
May 25, 2019, 06:14 PM
Thumbs up!
Stripes too

Quick Reply