Jul 16, 2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylad View Post
So now I have the pz p51d that I can now fly without crashing most of the time and a
beast( impulse buy a few weeks back but not had the nerve to fly yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Just be careful on your maidens with both those planes. They are a lot more agile than your p51. Fly high to avoid dumb thumbing it into the ground.
I would just add: get comfortable with the Beast first. I found the SBach faster and more responsive to the controls.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2011, 12:40 PM
Just discovered a local middle school that has recently closed because they built a new one. It's about a half mile from my house and has a massive track and field. A new flying field for me and smooth landing strip! Headin' over there now to fly the sbach and my T-28.
Jul 16, 2011, 01:47 PM
very nice.. I've been flying in the parking lot of out minor league baseball team... such a perfect area but the concrete would not be nice if I were to have a high speed crash
Jul 16, 2011, 01:52 PM
We can fly at an abandoned runway. There's almost TOO much room. There's nothing to gauge your location by... just endless concrete and field.
Jul 16, 2011, 03:15 PM
I did opposite of what I read here and took Sbach to a smaller field at the school up the road. Has a small paved lot and grass field is surrounded by trees. I only flew one battery pack there because it felt like running a race horse around a 1/8 mile track. Couldnt really open it up because trees there looked way hungry. Back to usual church/park lot and I felt free again . The black birds that were chasing my Beast there for some reason have calmed down or maybe they just dont like bipes. Got in 5 good flights and some ok landings but I am still paranoid of the small cracks in pavement.
Has anyone else noticed that several types of flying insects including dragonflys and horseflys seem attracted to beeping/buzzing put out by brick when these little micros are powered up? Little hover bees are really curious.

Nick
Jul 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Well, my usual park has a very small runway full of obstacles. I can land any UMs on it very easily (including the Beast), but I still have a hard time with the Sbach. So today, I went practicing my landings at a local school. Runway every where (yeah, much easier to land it when the runway is huge). Nailed some very good landings, but still screwed up too many though! As usual, I had my little keychain camera. Seem like I'm the only one making videos for the Sbach, but nobody's complaining about them yet, so sure enough, here's another one that is a bit funny. Camera is on the ground.

UMX Sbach 342 landings with some funny crashes (2 min 14 sec)

Those camera are now selling for about $5 sometime (+mem card). I really would like to see other videos than mine here one day! wink wink
Jul 16, 2011, 03:33 PM
jason uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
It always worries me when I see these impulse buy posts from people who dont have a lot of flying experience. Always afraid they are going to quit the hobby because their chances of wrecking are pretty high. But you are already hooked

Just be careful on your maidens with both those planes. They are a lot more agile than your p51. Fly high to avoid dumb thumbing it into the ground.
When I say "impulse" buy what I ment was I was always going to get the beast, and lhs did me a good deal so I kind if got it with the intention of leaving it in the hanger till I had killed the p51 motor or till it flys no more but as I get better it's lasting longer than I thought lol
Been flying a minium cessna since they came out and over the past few years( more than I care to count) I have had a multiplex pico cub and one of there larger powered gliders,can't remember the name,and a spitfire that I did get way to early and paid the cost,but now I'm older and able to afford(just) this hobby I got a minimag a couple of years ago but I have to travel a fair way to find somewhere big enough to fly it,so I haven't.
Then I found these um's from pz and ef and I could see a boyhood dream of flying a warbird coming true,and it has ;-) it's only 100 yard to the park.
I have always loved rc from as early as I remember and have had a go at it all cars,buggys,trucks and heli's but it's planes I love,even had a lesson in a cessna as a b/day present, that was great
Jul 16, 2011, 04:03 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbarnett View Post
Hi all,

Our Miniaviation UMX cell is ready to ship.

http://www.miniaviation.com/UMX_210.html
Is there any flight data on this battery? I have 3 babbel 180's and 1 stock eflite for the sbach. My original sbach I sent back had a babbel 180 hyperion I left in there...ugh! for 2 shipped it comes to 32 bucks.
Jul 16, 2011, 04:49 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Is there any flight data on this battery? I have 3 babbel 180's and 1 stock eflite for the sbach. My original sbach I sent back had a babbel 180 hyperion I left in there...ugh! for 2 shipped it comes to 32 bucks.
Ouch, normally, they send you another battery with your replacement airplane. Not the other way around!

Not sure how much RCBabbel charge for a battery (I make my own), but it cannot way more than $32 for two? If so, I would stick with the proven batteries.
Jul 16, 2011, 05:13 PM
32$ for 2 of which batteries?
Jul 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Not sure how much RCBabbel charge for a battery (I make my own), but it cannot way more than $32 for two? If so, I would stick with the proven batteries.
Aren't RCBabbel's batteries "proven"? I have not seen anyone post a complaint... ever. Not to say they haven't. I just haven't seen it. I have 4 of his batteries that work very well.
Jul 16, 2011, 05:38 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyafan1975 View Post
32$ for 2 of which batteries?

http://www.miniaviation.com/UMX_210.html
Jul 16, 2011, 05:40 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Ouch, normally, they send you another battery with your replacement airplane. Not the other way around!

I know, I was curious about those and would like to see some data performance. Anyway, babbels batt are great. For 32 bucks it is a little cheaper for those. They would ship from UK though lol.
Jul 16, 2011, 06:00 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Aren't RCBabbel's batteries "proven"? I have not seen anyone post a complaint... ever. Not to say they haven't. I just haven't seen it. I have 4 of his batteries that work very well.
That's what I said! Stick with Babbelsbat..... I'm sure somebody will post data soon enough! I'm pretty sure the MiniAviation are good too, but until proven, the price difference doesn't seem to be worth the risk. Again, I'm not even sure how much Babbel sell his batteries! Maybe the difference is huge after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I know, I was curious about those and would like to see some data performance. Anyway, babbels batt are great. For 32 bucks it is a little cheaper for those. They would ship from UK though lol.
I did order some 1S MiniAviation for myself (Canada) and must admit shipping was very quick! So this is not a problem for sure!
Jul 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
That's what I said!
Oops... sorry... I meant what you knew.

Quick Reply