Jan 12, 2013, 04:36 PM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tRiGgEr619
Does anyone know what the female battery connector on the plane is called? Or how to adapt another battery connector to accept e-flite batteries?

I purchased 4 flight batteries with the e-flite connector on them and wish to use them on other ESC's. Having a hard time finding a e-flite style JST-xh connections.
Ebay is where I bought mine for the UMX connectors..
your local hobby shop could order them for you
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
It is officially called JST-PH more commonly called a UMX connector. You can get an adapter from progressive RC here, I also think RC-connectors has some as well, like this one. Both these places do great work, They might be able to make a custom one for you it you tell them what ends you want.

Also don't forget RCBabbel here. He does some really nice soldering work and might be able to make one for you as well.

-Brian
Amazing! thanks!
Jan 24, 2013, 07:14 PM
My original old sbach is a heavy porker due to many crashes and repairs.
It ran out of range many times with my "toy" transmitter that also had no expo.

Recently I flew it many times with my new DX6i transmitter but I noticed that its wings have many fine cracks. So I painted it with acrilic varathane and now it is much stronger but weighs 2 grams more.

It weighs 92 grams with the little 180mAh battery it came with. Its spec's say 75 grams for the new one.
Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 PM
Wow that's is heavy! Mine is at 84g with FPV gear and it wants to tip stall when the throttle is below 1/2~! Not that much fun to fly, take the FPV gear off and its back to 68g AUW and zips around. What are you using to repair your Sbach after crashes? 92g seems a bit much for just repairs (I've crashed quite a few times, but my Sbach doesn't gain that much weight)
Jan 25, 2013, 11:04 PM
**I'm Battman**
My Sbach 342 with GWS 5043/BB Hyp (3S) 180 tips the scale at 71g.

rc
Jan 26, 2013, 02:23 AM
Hi

just ordered a complete set kit for my unfortunate crash...anybody has photos of the original electrinocs that is propoerly arrange?

Sorry did not have theb time to take photos before i gave the damaged kit to a friend.

Thanks
Jan 26, 2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeramos
Hi

just ordered a complete set kit for my unfortunate crash...anybody has photos of the original electrinocs that is propoerly arrange?

Sorry did not have theb time to take photos before i gave the damaged kit to a friend.

Thanks
I don't have photos, but it's pretty obvious where stuff goes inside. There are depressions molded into the foam where the receiver and two servos go.
Jan 26, 2013, 09:03 AM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
My Sbach 342 with GWS 5043/BB Hyp (3S) 180 tips the scale at 71g.

rc
Hey RC,

Did you ever maiden your Sbach 3D? I don't recall seeing your flight-report. Still waiting for some flying wx so I can try out my new Hyp 240 3s BB in the S3D. Looks like we may get some decent flying wx on Monday.

Joel
Jan 27, 2013, 12:59 AM
UMX 3S OG
Just wanted to say I flew my Sbach today with some Nano 300s on the 2300kv/5043 combo and really love this thing!
My lady and I could not tell a difference in speed vs my Stryker 180
Jan 27, 2013, 06:39 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Hey RC,

Did you ever maiden your Sbach 3D? I don't recall seeing your flight-report. Still waiting for some flying wx so I can try out my new Hyp 240 3s BB in the S3D. Looks like we may get some decent flying wx on Monday.

Joel
I use BB240 3S in my B3D and Sbach with great results
Correct me if I'm wrong here RC but I think that I may have been the first to order some 240s in 3S, I seem to remember you thought that I was a nutter!!!

Tony
Btw, I never got an Sbach 3D. As much as I wanted one I was only allowed 1 more plane. I chose the EQQ over the S3D and UM Spitfire...
(Still might get one later though )
Jan 27, 2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
Btw, I never got an Sbach 3D. As much as I wanted one I was only allowed 1 more plane. I chose the EQQ over the S3D and UM Spitfire...
(Still might get one later though )
???
Jan 27, 2013, 09:55 AM
BMFA 190658
Just a topical reference to the Sbach 3D that was mentioned...

Tony
Feb 01, 2013, 07:04 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
Feb 10, 2013, 04:03 PM
Destructive Tester
Any alternate airframes out there to take the Sbach guts and install in??????
Feb 10, 2013, 04:34 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy34256
Any alternate airframes out there to take the Sbach guts and install in??????
The UMX Mig15 uses the same board, albeit with different AS3X settings and a completely different motor. You could easily make an EPP/depron foamy as the Sbach has the 4 seperate servos. You could probably adapt the internals to any number of micros.

-Brian

Quick Reply