Thread Tools
Apr 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
ICU
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
ICU's Avatar
Wow me likey. I was thinking about getting the beast but I think I'm gonna wait for this one. I'm more of a single wing fan.

The only thing that scares me about this plane is the ridiculous roll rate. They've gone from ludicrous on the beast to plaid on the Sbach. lol

Nice job Horizon! I hope they posts up a video soon.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2011, 04:44 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv
Is that a pic of you BABBEL and are you married.
TODD
TDD,

Been married for 26 years.

Pretty sure I posted my wedding photo not long ag...

rc
Apr 18, 2011, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU
Wow me likey. I was thinking about getting the beast but I think I'm gonna wait for this one. I'm more of a single wing fan.

The only thing that scares me about this plane is the ridiculous roll rate. They've gone from ludicrous on the beast to plaid on the Sbach. lol

Nice job Horizon! I hope they posts up a video soon.
Love the Spaceballs reference!
Apr 18, 2011, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
4.9 Amps! Thanks Mike!! This is great news, you guys are my heroes
+1. 4.9 Amps should be enough for any motor that has any right to be on a plane this small. Hyperion 240's will be needed! A Mighty Midget F3P motor with over 190 grams thrust wiil be perfect with a GWS 6X3 if there's enough ground clearance. If not, the old stand-by 5X4.3
MR2
Last edited by minirips2; Apr 18, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Apr 18, 2011, 06:29 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Just the motor sitting on my bench....
Apr 18, 2011, 07:09 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Hyp 240s without a doubt.

Can't stinkin wait!

Loosing sleep once again.

rc
Apr 18, 2011, 07:16 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Mike M.,

4.9A!! Thank you, thank you!!!

Joel
Apr 18, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Now that we have the 4.9A news...

Time to change the no restrictions rule to include:

Packs
Props
&
Motors

Gentlemen, start you engines/motors.

rc
RC,

I can hardly wait!!! Only problem will be trying to get some sleep between now & the release date - given that I now have a case of KICS that's worse than any I've had since I actually was a kid.

I'm thinking that an 'Sbach Doppler speed run' thread will be in order.

The 4.9A plus Mike's earlier comment regarding the need to separate the servos from the brick in order to get the CG right on the Sbach and other designs has got me wondering just how much current these 'other designs' may require. Hmmm......

Joel
Apr 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
The 4.9A plus Mike's earlier comment regarding the need to separate the servos from the brick in order to get the CG right on the Sbach and other designs has got me wondering just how much current these 'other designs' may require. Hmmm......

Joel
Ultra Micro Stryker Q for the win!!! 50mph+ ???
Apr 18, 2011, 09:22 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
heck, a 2 cell Suk can do close to that, I'm thinking 70-80!
Apr 18, 2011, 09:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Just the motor sitting on my bench....
Mine too.....Mwahahahah!
Apr 18, 2011, 10:19 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2
+1. 4.9 Amps should be enough for any motor that has any right to be on a plane this small. Hyperion 240's will be needed! A Mighty Midget F3P motor with over 190 grams thrust wiil be perfect with a GWS 6X3 if there's enough ground clearance. If not, the old stand-by 5X4.3
MR2
OK mini,

Looking over your King of the Beasts thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=37
and the Mighty Midget specs:
http://www.microbrushless.com/productsG3f3p.htm

This looks like sweet, simple, drop-in, insane, KICS type stuff.
The kind of stuff that unlimited 1000' loops are made of.
3-1 power to weight stuff.

Looks like the motor fit was simple in the Beast mount.
Any problems that come to mind with this set-up besides being power hungry??


rc
Apr 18, 2011, 10:26 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Nope, this will be KILLER! (Besides the expense of that motor...)
Apr 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
I need some of these motors for scratch builds

Where are these at a good price?


Also


I guess this plank will have the same prop system as the beast? Which is a PITA is it not?




Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
OK mini,

Looking over your King of the Beasts thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=37
and the Mighty Midget specs:
http://www.microbrushless.com/productsG3f3p.htm

This looks like sweet, simple, drop-in, insane, KICS type stuff.
The kind of stuff that unlimited 1000' loops are made of.
3-1 power to weight stuff.

Looks like the motor fit was simple in the Beast mount.
Any problems that come to mind with this set-up besides being power hungry??


rc
Apr 18, 2011, 10:56 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
RE,

Same prop as the Beast. Which means a 5030 will be a close match, and a 5043 will turn it into a rocket.

Joel


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NEW!!! E-Flite UMX Extra 300 3D BNF!!!!! DFflyer 3D Foamies 748 Mar 01, 2013 07:12 AM
Discussion Sbach 342 Full fuse Free Plans bbjsw10 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 142 Apr 07, 2012 02:48 PM
Yippee! e-foamy sbach 342 maiden larsy87 3D Foamies 26 Nov 01, 2010 10:25 PM