This thread is privately moderated by Akura2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 13, 2011, 07:17 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Thread OP
Discussion

Long time....

Wow... it's been a really long time since I wrote anything on here, but I'll try yo update you on what's been going on... Guidoracer (Lito Reyes from RC Car Action ) and I have successfully put together a series of podcasts for those interested in the world of RC Motorcycles... its called the 2wheelRCpodcast, and it's available in iTunes as well as directly from our site at www.2wheelRCpodcast.com... we have about 7 episodes up, so take a listen and give us your feedback... As far as the racing is concerned, the last "real" race I attended was at the RCX and it got rained out on the second day. I've been running an Einibike from Germany, and the bike is incredible... I just need to figure out a decent crashbar system to keep the bike off its sides.. the new Einibike3 has a great setup, but I can't afford to get a second bike from Germany... I AM, however, trying to scrounge up money to purchase a Thunder Tiger SB5... That bike seems to be the next end-all-be-all in RC motorcycles... Sick lean angles, great chassis balance, ease of assembly, and a decent price. The Venom VMX450 is an awesome-looking RC dirtbike, and I've been having a BALL with it.. on-road with the SMR tired and off-road with the knobbies... I got the front brake kit and it wrkd decently wel, but the pads need more bite. The material used for the pads is good for the GPV-1 since that little bike has so little mass to slow down, but on the big brute VMX, you need more grad to make the bike say Whoa!... I installed the alloy triples as well... you have to make sure that when you put these on, make sure you loosen the axle, tighten the triples, compress the forks, then tighten the axle... this will keep the forks functioning smooth after the upgrade... also, you have to degrease the bearings in the gyro, and re-oil them with a light bearing oil.. and on the gyro itself there are eight screws to hold the halves of the gyro together. EIther remove the four inner screws completely, or put some sort of thin washers under then to relieve some of the pressure on the gyro and make it spin freely. Set your gyro clutch to 2.7mm spacing, and make sure your slipper clutch isn't tightened all the way... And get a cordless screw driver... it will save your forearm when assembling and disassembling the front and rear wheels to either get to the gyro or remove or install tires... there are a LOT of screws...

If anyone wants to trade an SB5 for a barely used (but broken in) TRAXXAS REVO... hit me up!

PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
KING JAMES
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2012, 03:42 PM

Yf-19

GREETINGS, My name is Pedro, I'm from Mexicali Baja California Mexico, I want to know if you made the YF-19 model on mastercam, I'm interesting to make a RC model of thas veritech...
Jun 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
What happened to the RC PODCAST and the website??? Website gone no more podcasts.

Quick Reply