Apr 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Eclipse 7 Set up: Gasser with flaps

I need some help and direction with the set up for a Senior Telemaster with a BME 90 Super Tigre gas conversion. Here is what I have:

Right Aileron ch 1
Left Aileron ch 6
Elevator ch ch 2
Throttle ch 3
Rudder ch 4
Flaps (one channel) ch 5 (switched, non proportional)
Optical motor cutoff not assigned

My goal is to have proportional flaps, but I'd never be able to use those little VR twisters while flying. I put the flaps on the gear switch, because it's easy to flip on and off.

The optical switch would have to go on ch 7, but, if I understand, it's controlled only by the VR2 twister. Again, hard for me to work while flying. If I could get ch 7 to work with the ch 7 switch, that would be OK.

Is it possible to put the flaps on the flight condition switch so I get a take off and landing position? The motor cut off could then go on the gear switch. I'm using Acro mode.

Thanks, Jim
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscott
I need some help and direction with the set up for a Senior Telemaster with a BME 90 Super Tigre gas conversion. Here is what I have:
Right Aileron ch 1
Left Aileron ch 6
Elevator ch ch 2
Throttle ch 3
Rudder ch 4
Flaps (one channel) ch 5 (switched, non proportional)
Optical motor cutoff not assigned
My goal is to have proportional flaps, but I'd never be able to use those little VR twisters while flying. I put the flaps on the gear switch, because it's easy to flip on and off. The optical switch would have to go on ch 7, but, if I understand, it's controlled only by the VR2 twister. Again, hard for me to work while flying. If I could get ch 7 to work with the ch 7 switch, that would be OK. Is it possible to put the flaps on the flight condition switch so I get a take off and landing position? The motor cut off could then go on the gear switch. I'm using Acro mode. Thanks, Jim
What model Eclipse? the later have a "lever" in center position of the knob which makes turning easy and a small movement, with EPA set correctly, enables the right knob to operate as a switch. In need drill a small hole in knob, insert cap head bolt and slide a piece of small, medium or thick fuel tubing over bolt for best "feel".
Otherwise:
Hitec Eclipse - Quick Setup and Additional Programming FAQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Apr 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
Is it possible to put the flaps on the flight condition switch so I get a take off and landing position? The motor cut off could then go on the gear switch. I'm using Acro mode.

Jim, this is the best way to do this and have the desired control you are looking for.It will require that you use a mix for it to work.Because it's assigned under the flight condition it can be turned on a off easily as well as a landing function.

I use the flight condition on wings because each flight condition allows independent settings.. The landing function is really nice.
Apr 14, 2011, 06:42 AM
Thread OP
I've never tried to use a mix. So, somehow I mix channel 7 into the flight condition switch. Can you give me just a general summary of how I do it? If I generally know what to do, I can probably get to the right place in the book to figure it out.

Thanks, Jim
Apr 14, 2011, 01:48 PM
I know you stated that you wanted proportional. Did you want it coupled with throttle input? The optical could be set to gear for on and off ,but I just use the throttle cut button which is a function and uses a trim position below idle.

I would set it up as flaperons which is channel 1 and 6.it is controlled by vr1,but by adding a mix you can have it proportional to another channel like throttle.This is turned on and off by flight condition switch. The manual covers all of this and is pretty easy to follow.There are several other small things involved so it would be very beneficial to look at it.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/Manual_Eclipse7.pdf

Quick Reply