Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by kuczy
The Earth got in the way!
Discussion

Suppo Shuttering

So I have a Suppo 2200kv motor on my Stryker. I've had this motor for about 3 years. A few weeks ago I was asked to run the stock motor on 4s and see what I thought. I only ran that motor about 6x's before I swapped it out for the Suppo and a larger esc. So I tried it and it worked but got a little to hot for me so I reinstalled the Suppo system. When I ran it up it shuttered at 3/4-WOT throttle. I just chalked it up to a spent motor since it probably had close to 500 flights. At Toledo this year I bought a new Suppo thinking that would fix the problem. Well the new motor Shutters too. I tried a Turnigy 40, T-Bird36, and an E-Flight 60 and I tried all of the different timings and still it shutters. I changed the prop from a 6x5.5 that pulls 29amps max to a 6x4 that pulls 26amps max and still it shutters just not as much on all the timings. It ran fine for years now I have issues....any thoughts???

Thanks,
Luke
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Bad solder joint - most likely at the bullet connector. Twist and tap them, then re-flow the solder to each one (or solder direct and by pass the problems of bullet connectors...)
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:49 PM
Find More Posts by kuczy
Thanks I'll check that when I get home. With all he planes I have it s eems weird that it would surface so long after though and on 2 motors. I'll check that and make sure my screws aren't in to far also.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Oh yeah, trouble shooting 101 - swap out one suspect piece with a good piece... esc or motor. Narrows down the permutations ... Saw that you already did, so problem is esc or the bullets on the esc...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by kuczy
Well it's got to be the motor(s). Like I said though its been on there for about 3years and ran fine until recently. I'll check everything again when I get back home.

Thanks guys