Aug 14, 2003, 10:55 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Thread OP

JR 8103 and Revo Mixing?

Will the JR 8103 do revo mixing? I am getting ready to go brushless on my Hummingbird and need to know if my TX will work!

Thanks

bwillhite
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2003, 03:44 AM
I have a X3810 which I believe is the Australian equivalent. The model number refers to (3) Flight modes, (8) Channel, (10) Model Memory and It does have Revo mixing and it is a great radio but I cannot be sure. Why the model number is different I don't know....Maybe because our date formats are different

John
Aug 15, 2003, 07:34 AM
Crazy Cessna Owner
please don't use revo mixing, this is a hard way to set up the hummingbird. use one of the mixers. all you need to do is mix rudder with throttle. I started out with revo mixing and never quite got the tail steady, with a simple mix however, it works like a charm
Aug 15, 2003, 09:21 AM
Artillery! King of Battle!
Thread OP
Great idea!

Amount what percent should I use?

later

bwillhite
Aug 16, 2003, 07:13 AM
Crazy Cessna Owner
i made up a throttle curve for mine to make maintaining a steady height easier. all you need to do is set your helicopter down with your mixing screen open and just lif the heli up and down and increase the mixing until the tail doesn't move. u've got mine set to a max of 70% at full stick. u'll take pictures of my curves tomorrow and post them.
Aug 17, 2003, 06:28 AM
Crazy Cessna Owner
i neglected to mention, it will depend on what tail motor set up you are using. I'm using an ips motor direct drive on a 3x2 prop. if you're still using the original tail gearbox setup, you may need slightly higher settings
on my throttle curve, L=0%, 1=inactive, 2=66.5%, 3=inactive, 4=100%. this curve gives a flatter response for hovering.

the rudder mix 'curve' (pitch>rudder) L=-19, 1=-50, 2=-70, 3=inactive, H=-90.
this may not be the prefect curve to suit your flying style but it should give you somewhere to start.

Quick Reply