Apr 10, 2011, 06:46 PM
Winging it >
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
There you go Not to offend anyone but even those human dead lift Gents have trouble navigating themselves around It would be a good comparison
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe every day in April here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
On the duration category, I don't want to watch a 45 minute video of hovering. Other than the honor system or a credible witness I can't think of another way to do this practically.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2011, 07:01 PM
I agree some trust will be involved. Duration could be estimated from the batteries motors weight etc. So it will be obvious if someone exaggerates too much.
Apr 11, 2011, 07:09 AM
Winging it >
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12
I agree some trust will be involved. Duration could be estimated from the batteries motors weight etc. So it will be obvious if someone exaggerates too much.
Even a video could be faked if someone really wanted to. For the duration contests, I think we'll have to rely on the honesty of the contestants.

BTW a single copter can enter multiple categories. I was wondering if the most efficient weight lifter would also be the most efficient duration machine??
Apr 11, 2011, 07:21 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
LF,
Yes, that is what peaks my interest in seeing results from your contest. I think that if the datum were honest and repeatable, there would be much learned for operational use and performance improvements Some of the Geman forum members make claims of 50+ minute octo durations, but the details are sketchy.
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe every day in April here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Even a video could be faked if someone really wanted to. For the duration contests, I think we'll have to rely on the honesty of the contestants.

BTW a single copter can enter multiple categories. I was wondering if the most efficient weight lifter would also be the most efficient duration machine??
Apr 11, 2011, 12:10 PM
My okto meet it`s limit !
I only manage 11kg (total) ..
Tried 12kg but no lift :P

Well I dont complain, it was fun but the DSLR only weight 1.2kg
Apr 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
Winging it >
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow
My okto meet it`s limit !
I only manage 11kg (total) ..
Tried 12kg but no lift :P

Well I dont complain, it was fun but the DSLR only weight 1.2kg
Get it on video and you'll be the current first place heavy weight lifter!
Apr 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Get it on video and you'll be the current first place heavy weight lifter!
Will try when the weather gets better
Apr 11, 2011, 03:43 PM
Suspended Account
mine is f*****g hard! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f5HBsj4AjY

but flies quite nicely

Quadcopter N-DROID PHEONIX ELG night time video footage tests 1N3M1S1S (10 min 29 sec)
Apr 11, 2011, 05:30 PM
Winging it >
Thread OP
n3m1s1s,

Nice job on the quad and on editing on the video. Looks like one tough copter.

Is this an entry for the durability contest?

Any more details you can post on your copter?

The legs of the cage look like regular pvc pipe, but the light really glows through well.

GI Joe looked pretty comfortable on his ride.

Looks like you have a large fleet of quads stashed in that bedroom.
Apr 11, 2011, 06:08 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
n3m1s1s,

Nice job on the quad and on editing on the video. Looks like one tough copter.

Is this an entry for the durability contest?

Any more details you can post on your copter?

The legs of the cage look like regular pvc pipe, but the light really glows through well.

GI Joe looked pretty comfortable on his ride.

Looks like you have a large fleet of quads stashed in that bedroom.
yes to durability bruv

its made from 100% recycled goods

mainframe plates = ikea book/folder storage cases (50p made 2 frames)

arms = street hockey goal posts (2 made 3tricopter legs 9x arms my quad arms the quad arms on quad in the background and 2 spare arms)

motor mounts = kite string/more ikea ply/kite rods (kites on average 50p to 1 have around 2meters of carbon rod thats used to getting smacked into the ground at speed and 50+ meters of string wrap joins with sting soak with thin CA glue wait to dry VERY STRONG BOND!

dividers between levels = kite rods

landing gear =offcuts of goalposts and kite rods

it is all held together by 3 bolts which was the most expensive item at 1.79 to make one frame

the cube

childs wendy house frame 1 still got the tent and most of the rods so might of used 20p worth?

but then we move on to electronics

helicommand 3d 400+ POUNDS no wonder i had to go so cheap on materials
Apr 11, 2011, 07:50 PM
Winging it >
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s
yes to durability bruv

its made from 100% recycled goods

mainframe plates = ikea book/folder storage cases (50p made 2 frames)

arms = street hockey goal posts (2 made 3tricopter legs 9x arms my quad arms the quad arms on quad in the background and 2 spare arms)

motor mounts = kite string/more ikea ply/kite rods (kites on average 50p to 1 have around 2meters of carbon rod thats used to getting smacked into the ground at speed and 50+ meters of string wrap joins with sting soak with thin CA glue wait to dry VERY STRONG BOND!

dividers between levels = kite rods

landing gear =offcuts of goalposts and kite rods

it is all held together by 3 bolts which was the most expensive item at 1.79 to make one frame

the cube

childs wendy house frame 1 still got the tent and most of the rods so might of used 20p worth?

but then we move on to electronics

helicommand 3d 400+ POUNDS no wonder i had to go so cheap on materials
Check the first post, you are the current leading (and so far the only) contestant in the durability category. Congratulations!
Apr 11, 2011, 11:47 PM

Greatest payload

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeQDAsVVcB4
Last edited by pipercubdude; Apr 12, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Apr 12, 2011, 12:23 AM
A prize for the greatest " miss-hap "
Should be interesting seeing a copter land poorly carrying weight !
Apr 12, 2011, 02:24 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Check the first post, you are the current leading (and so far the only) contestant in the durability category. Congratulations!
that will do me nicely cheers bruv

Quick Reply