Aug 18, 2017, 10:06 AM

Something is wrong with my mirumod setup

Hello,
I need help with my mirumod setup, I attached a picture to be clear. I've uploaded the sketch, after that in setup mode with hyperterminal everything seems to be working, ppm config is ok, I can change the flight mode, the land / fly switches are working, so it is ok.
Connected the LLC, wiring is just as on the connection diagram. Problem is that when I power on the drone it doesn't do what it should to do, it blinks 3 times for 15-20 second, after that it blinks only once per second. The leds on quadcopter stays green, not change to orange for 1 sec, so it seems the drone program doesn't uploading right or at all.
How to find out what's wrong? Thanks you for your help in advance!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2017, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris87
Hello,
I need help with my mirumod setup, I attached a picture to be clear. I've uploaded the sketch, after that in setup mode with hyperterminal everything seems to be working, ppm config is ok, I can change the flight mode, the land / fly switches are working, so it is ok.
Connected the LLC, wiring is just as on the connection diagram. Problem is that when I power on the drone it doesn't do what it should to do, it blinks 3 times for 15-20 second, after that it blinks only once per second. The leds on quadcopter stays green, not change to orange for 1 sec, so it seems the drone program doesn't uploading right or at all.
How to find out what's wrong? Thanks you for your help in advance!
In the picture it does not look like the receiver is connected, which would explain the blink once per second (radio not ready). The 3 time blink for 15-20 seconds could be the mod waiting for the drone to boot, but this test comes AFTER the check for the radio...
Aug 19, 2017, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru
In the picture it does not look like the receiver is connected, which would explain the blink once per second (radio not ready). The 3 time blink for 15-20 seconds could be the mod waiting for the drone to boot, but this test comes AFTER the check for the radio...
The radio connection is ok, only need 3 wires, I use ppm. Testing the radio is working. Without the radio reciever it blinks once per second after connecting the battery, with radio it blinks 3 times for 15-20 sec. After that the green led blinks once, after that the red blinks once pec sec for forever.
Is it possible the voltage level shifter is broken? I can measure with multimeter about 1.7V on the LV side (both tx and rx)
Aug 19, 2017, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
The radio connection is ok, only need 3 wires, I use ppm. Testing the radio is working. Without the radio reciever it blinks once per second after connecting the battery, with radio it blinks 3 times for 15-20 sec. After that the green led blinks once, after that the red blinks once pec sec for forever.
Is it possible the voltage level shifter is broken? I can measure with multimeter about 1.7V on the LV side (both tx and rx)
The voltage is good for a drone 2. Looks like the drone is not answering the serial port when the mod tries to change the baud rate and get a shell. Check http://mirumod.net/hw/mirupcb/MiruPCBman20130722.pdf (page 9) for the blink messages.
Last edited by miru; Aug 19, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Aug 19, 2017, 12:00 PM
Quote:
The voltage is good for a drone 2. Looks like the drone is not answering the serial port when the mod tries to change the baud rate and get a shell. Check http://mirumod.net/hw/mirupcb/MiruPCBman20130722.pdf (page 9) for the blink messages.
Thank you, I will check with monitor mode the serial communication first.
Aug 20, 2017, 05:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thank you, I will check with monitor mode the serial communication first.
There is no monitor mode on an Arduino NANO because the serial port is shared with the FTDI chip.
Aug 21, 2017, 01:49 AM
Quote:
There is no monitor mode on an Arduino NANO because the serial port is shared with the FTDI chip.
I see... By the way, examining the led, it is 1+1 blinks, Shell does not respond. What does it mean?
Aug 21, 2017, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I see... By the way, examining the led, it is 1+1 blinks, Shell does not respond. What does it mean?
The mod does not receive an answer from the drone.
Aug 21, 2017, 02:41 AM
Quote:
The mod does not receive an answer from the drone.
I've found this post about connecting to AR Drone 2.0 with serial uart device:
https://www.adriangranados.com/blog/...ole-ardrone-20

It is working, I can see the boot, at the end I can hit ENTER, and can type, anything, for example I've just writed "help" and it responded with the list of help commands.

This connection is without logic level converter, so is it possible my LLC is broken?
Aug 21, 2017, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I've found this post about connecting to AR Drone 2.0 with serial uart device:
https://www.adriangranados.com/blog/...ole-ardrone-20

It is working, I can see the boot, at the end I can hit ENTER, and can type, anything, for example I've just writed "help" and it responded with the list of help commands.

This connection is without logic level converter, so is it possible my LLC is broken?
Be careful with the CP2102, it might destroy your drone's serial receiver, drone side is built for 1.8V I/O.
Re-investigated your picture and could not see the connection RXI <-> HV on the HV side, did you solder that on the other side?
Last edited by miru; Aug 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
Aug 21, 2017, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Be careful with the CP2102, it might destroy your drone's serial receiver, drone side is built for 1.8V I/O.
Re-investigated your picture and could not see the connection RXI <-> HV on the HV side, did you solder that on the other side?
Yes, it is soldered on the back. For now I don't know what to do... Is it possible examine arduino nano's serial input or output? With multimeter it is 5v on both, but maybe broken. Don't know...
Aug 21, 2017, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes, it is soldered on the back. For now I don't know what to do... Is it possible examine arduino nano's serial input or output? With multimeter it is 5v on both, but maybe broken. Don't know...
You could substitute the Arduino with your CP2102 and see if the LLC works.
Aug 22, 2017, 02:44 AM
Quote:
You could substitute the Arduino with your CP2102 and see if the LLC works.
OK, it is done. With LLC I can't see anything in putty when the drone boots up. I've just ordered an other llc, now I have to wait 1-2 weeks to get it. I'll be back!
Aug 22, 2017, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
OK, it is done. With LLC I can't see anything in putty when the drone boots up. I've just ordered an other llc, now I have to wait 1-2 weeks to get it. I'll be back!
That is strange, they never died on me. Did you connect VCC from the CP2102 and what voltage did it have 3.3V or 5V?
Nov 25, 2017, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrat
the mod, but now it's workiiiiiiing!!!! I changed things with the ground pins of my arduino and it worked at the end.. practically I connected the ground pin of the drone in the LLC and I used only 1 gnd pin of arduino, now worksssss thanls a lot to all!
Hello,
I've the same problem. Please, can you share your ground working connection?
Thanks

Quick Reply