Dec 14, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cool do you take power straight from lipo with that or could you use power from rx channel
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2012, 06:42 PM
Or even a split off one of the power wires from the serial port on drone
Dec 15, 2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
5) uses a MOSFET that can reliably deal with the 1.8V.
Excellent. Should we just send out a donation with details via paypal to cover cost and shipping? Say $15 for two?
Dec 15, 2012, 06:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
It is independent of the GPS. I am working on integrating it as well as the HMC5883 magnetometer. Happul3 got the barometer working and uses it to stabilize altitude if you leave the throttle stick alone for 4 seconds. Unfortunately it takes a lot of code space to deal with these extra sensors, which means the ccompanion program would have to be installed on the drone...
If it would help with code room, could you make the Setup code dependent on a flag at compile time?

As the setup code isn't required when flying, and maybe the .arm code isn't required when testing with Hyperterminal, you probably don't need them both on board at the same time.

E.g. set flag, compile with 'Setup' code, test Tx/Rx etc. with Hyperterminal, reset flag, recompile with 'Flight' code, plug into Drone, fly?
Dec 15, 2012, 10:16 AM

No connection from drone to arduino?

Hi all
This is my first post in this forum, and i could use some guidance about this mod.
My setup:Ardrone 2.0 Arduinonano with latest scetch. Futaba 9c with FR sky 2,4 hz rx/tx (V8FR-II) What is loaded to the drone: Hardware 2.1 software 2.2.9 Inertal hardware 2.3 software 5.34. To me it look OK i hyperterminal. It seems that the program is loaded to the drone, but no return signal? I have checked both rx/tx lines.(I use the level converter and have checked everyting several times) So if someone could see through the videos ( if I manage to hyperlink to youtube) and give me a hint, I would make my day

Led on arduino and drone:
Arduinonano.MOV (1 min 13 sec)

Hyper window:
Hyper (1 min 27 sec)
Dec 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
If it would help with code room, could you make the Setup code dependent on a flag at compile time?

As the setup code isn't required when flying, and maybe the .arm code isn't required when testing with Hyperterminal, you probably don't need them both on board at the same time.

E.g. set flag, compile with 'Setup' code, test Tx/Rx etc. with Hyperterminal, reset flag, recompile with 'Flight' code, plug into Drone, fly?
You are right about setup/.arm code.
Dec 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
pappjeger, there is a problem with the arduino nanos, I personally think its because they are cheap chinese hardware, others have various other ideas, however there is no fix at present.

you will probably have to get a sparkfun arduino pro mini to get it to work reliably
Dec 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappjeger View Post
Hi all
This is my first post in this forum, and i could use some guidance about this mod.
My setup:Ardrone 2.0 Arduinonano with latest scetch. Futaba 9c with FR sky 2,4 hz rx/tx (V8FR-II) What is loaded to the drone: Hardware 2.1 software 2.2.9 Inertal hardware 2.3 software 5.34. To me it look OK i hyperterminal. It seems that the program is loaded to the drone, but no return signal? I have checked both rx/tx lines.(I use the level converter and have checked everyting several times) So if someone could see through the videos ( if I manage to hyperlink to youtube) and give me a hint, I would make my day
It looks like the Arduino is not seeing the start character from the drone (This is the wire drone-TX -> LLC -> Arduino-RX).
Dec 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
pappjeger, there is a problem with the arduino nanos, I personally think its because they are cheap chinese hardware, others have various other ideas, however there is no fix at present.

you will probably have to get a sparkfun arduino pro mini to get it to work reliably
Main problem is price and time. Sparkfun are a) 3 times the price of a chinese ebay version and b) in the US, which is only great if you are too.

What would be useful is if someone had some decent testing gear: Oscilloscope etc. and was willing to put these under the knife. I'd be happy to send them one of the Nanos and Pro Minis that I've been using and if others did too, maybe they could find out where the problems lie.

Could be an extra external resistor or diode somewhere could even things out if the clone makers are building too close to the tolerances on the boards themselves.

Any one up for that?
Dec 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
same I have loads of these nanos kicking around now lol, most of them new unopened
Dec 15, 2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for quick reply. The nano is from sparkfun, it says Gravitech.us -as is the levelconverter, but ofcource it could be broken. I am just trying to figure out what my next move should be from here on. I am going to make this happen(i am used to helis so i was a bit dissopointed about the range from wifi) Does the hyperterminal look good? If so the problem most likely is the board? should I by the mini instead, or try another nano? Or is there anything else i could try before ordering.( as long as it does not involve telnet to the drone)
Cheers
Dec 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Quote:
Thanks for quick reply. The nano is from sparkfun, it says Gravitech.us -as is the levelconverter, but ofcource it could be broken. I am just trying to figure out what my next move should be from here on. I am going to make this happen(i am used to helis so i was a bit dissopointed about the range from wifi) Does the hyperterminal look good? If so the problem most likely is the board? should I by the mini instead, or try another nano? Or is there anything else i could try before ordering.( as long as it does not involve telnet to the drone)
Cheers
If you actually bought it from Sparkfun, then the theory of the clones is pretty much out the window.
Maybe as mentioned, it would be a good idea to put the arduino nano under a microscope. Unfortunately, the is beyond me level of expertise.
Dec 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks Dante1
So you think the values in hyperterminal looks good? I have seen so many screenshots with various settings and values (loop and fuses etc.)
There are only 4 wires going to the drone, as long as they are good(checked with multimeter) and the right voltage i dont see what else could be wrong.
Dec 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Quote:
Thanks Dante1
So you think the values in hyperterminal looks good? I have seen so many screenshots with various settings and values (loop and fuses etc.)
There are only 4 wires going to the drone, as long as they are good(checked with multimeter) and the right voltage i dont see what else could be wrong.
They seem fine to me.
can you take a picture of your Level converter? Just to be sure it is wired correctly.
Please don't get me wrong, I am not judging your ability. But I have built many kits and occasionaly reversed a wire and fried my mainboard.
Dec 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Cheers
The Hyperterminal video looks very good, frametime is somewhat short (18ms versus 22ms), so it must be the link Drone->Nano. Your Nano->Drone link is good,because it does upload AND start the companion program (orange blinking of drone).

Quick Reply