Apr 08, 2011, 07:05 PM
Heli and E-Plane
Thread OP
Discussion

AR6100e Won't Bind

Something very strange occurred today...

A friend of mind sent me his GY750 gyro because one of the wires broke, so I fixed it for him.

He gave me an AR6100e Rx that had a broken antenna lead and he said it wouldn't bind with his smaller helis.
I repaired the antenna lead and tried to bind to it using my Mossie selection on my DX7. I spent at least two+ hours trying to get it to bind, sometimes it would and sometimes not. There is nothing fancy in the Tx set up for my Mossie.
When I got it to bind I hooked up three micro servos to it but it would not lock with the Tx.
Nothing I tried worked!!!
I was about to give up when I decided to try binding with my Tx P-51 setup, bam it worked and so do all the servos. And I have tried powering down and up everything and it connects with my Tx every single time without a hitch!
What would cause it not to bind with the Tx Mossie selection but works great with the P-51?????

Thanks for any advice!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
Retired CAD guy
Sounds like you got one of the HK spektrum rip offs !
Apr 11, 2011, 09:59 PM
Heli and E-Plane
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Sounds like you got one of the HK spektrum rip offs !
No it's a genuine Spektrum...
Apr 12, 2011, 03:30 PM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer291113
No it's a genuine Spektrum...
A. How do you know? There are no reliable indicators of genuineness. So unless you've had the receiver for well over a year (i.e., it's pre-clone) or you got it from a thoroughly trustworthy source, you can't be sure.

B. Are you saying that the receiver binds to one model memory but not another? Try it with other memories. Do other receivers bind to different memories?

Quick Reply