Apr 25, 2001, 04:14 PM
EMFSO, CRS, MAAC
Thread OP

Visiting San Diego

I'll be insandiego in early May for business.

I will have a few hours and would like to see some RC sights (flying locations, slope saoring especially, Eflight hobby shops or other signficant vendors).

I fly sp400 down to Astro 010 stuff.

I am looking to buy Nimh batteries (maybe from TNR) and Sanyo 9V (for litestick and Cox Viper mod).

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Peter
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2001, 04:22 PM
jrb
jrb
Gotta go to Silent & Eltric Flyers of SD ( http://sefsd.org/ ) feild while your there.

Make it early 0800 they'll be people there.

Watch out for Dr. Jet!

I made it there 2 day in a row while in SD a month ago; worth the stop. Busy place on a Saturday morning.

If a Saturday watch for Steve B of DMA; he'll have some pack with him.

Apr 25, 2001, 05:26 PM
In the afternoon you can visit the Torrey Pines Slope. Go to www.torreypinesgulls.org for the map to the slope. You can see models, paragliders and others flying the slope.

Terry Throop
Apr 26, 2001, 09:51 AM
Peter,

Go to www.hobbypeople.net.

There you can get maps and driving directions to their stores in S.D. They have a couple down there.

Todd
Apr 26, 2001, 10:58 AM
jrb
jrb
Another shop is almost right next door to HP, RC Direct(?).
Apr 26, 2001, 03:35 PM
EMFSO, CRS, MAAC
Thread OP
Thanks guys!

I had planned on visiting hobbypeople. If discount is next door I'll see them as well.

I am really looking forward to heading out to the slopes for a look.

Unfortunately I won't be there til early Sunday afternoon, so the first thing I'll do is drive from the airport to the slope!

I just wish I could pack a 60" sloper into my briefcase.

Peter...
Apr 27, 2001, 12:29 AM
RC Direct is the web name for the hobby store. The store name on the street is Discount Hobby Warehouse. Yes, it is in the next strip mall next to Hobby People on Convoy in San Diego.

Terry Throop

Quick Reply