This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 02, 2019, 10:02 PM
Trader Rating: 20
Cubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
They like their sale price to be a nice round number.

If you sell for $300 and paypal gets $46.85 of it ..... it doesn't matter, you still tell the wife you sold it for $300 ...... right!
I suppose so but since the PayPal fee on $300.00 is around $9.00, I think you would be able to tell the wife the truth. It will set you free.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2019, 12:27 PM
Trader Rating: 30
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?

PayPal asked if I wanted to pay for protection! WHAT???

It happened to me after I had read this thread. I remembered this and answered YES. The OP chose NO and his payment went F&F.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-PayPal-change

I’m surprised there has been virtually no response to it.

In my case, I answered YES but was not charged any additional fee.

Does anyone know, for sure, what is going on?

Is PayPal now defaulting to F&F?

I’m confused.
Last edited by mybad; Dec 18, 2019 at 12:34 PM.
Dec 19, 2019, 07:52 PM
Trader Rating: 17
the smell of nitro in the morn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybad
It happened to me after I had read this thread. I remembered this and answered YES. The OP chose NO and his payment went F&F.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-PayPal-change

I’m surprised there has been virtually no response to it.

In my case, I answered YES but was not charged any additional fee.

Does anyone know, for sure, what is going on?

Is PayPal now defaulting to F&F?

I’m confused.
You and me both, I just made a purchase Monday and saw this for the first time. First I said yes and PayPal was charging me, then I said no and it charged the seller. If I stuck with yes would they still charge the seller and me?
Dec 19, 2019, 08:17 PM
Trader Rating: 193
Go Gondos
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt123
You and me both, I just made a purchase Monday and saw this for the first time. First I said yes and PayPal was charging me, then I said no and it charged the seller. If I stuck with yes would they still charge the seller and me?
No,, one or the other,, if you make a F&F transaction with a Credit Card, ,you pay,, if its good and services,, it comes out of the sent money,,

If you make a F&F transaction using paypal balance or use your Bank account,, there is no fee
Dec 19, 2019, 10:55 PM
Trader Rating: 4
The Voice of Reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
No,, one or the other,, if you make a F&F transaction with a Credit Card, ,you pay,, if its good and services,, it comes out of the sent money,,

If you make a F&F transaction using paypal balance or use your Bank account,, there is no fee
I just sent F&F yesterday as part of a wedding gift we're putting together. I use a credit card and it didn't take it out of the amount I was sending. It changed the amount and added the 3%.
Dec 20, 2019, 07:33 AM
Trader Rating: 17
the smell of nitro in the morn
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only

The option was totally new to me, I was use to seeing GS or FF. Just a page layout change confused me and I'm sure next time I use it it will be different again!
Dec 20, 2019, 07:43 AM
Go Gondos
LOL,, could be,, They seem to enjoy fixing what isn't broken over and over again
Dec 20, 2019, 10:44 AM
Go Gondos
paypal is just wacky,,, went back to the old screen today
Dec 21, 2019, 04:52 PM
Trader Rating: 12
The Other Side of Your Screen
I have never use a credit card to pay through paypal, so I would not know of a difference, but I can understand if you are sending money as FF from a credit card that the credit card fee will be collected on one side or the other as is done when purchasing an item the seller pays it, just like in a brick and mortar store. I have transferred $ using FF from my bank account many times, especially when kid still in college, and never seen a fee, but I still don't have the type of PP account that I can accept a CC for as payment for goods .... and I don't sell much because of it.
Apr 16, 2020, 09:50 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Closed Account
Yes. Very wise to consider the PayPal gift option to avoid the fees! If you use this option by Paypal and then there happens to be a dispute they will not offer you any assistance to get your money back. Aswell be aware that any dispute you have with a seller over a purchase MUST BE reported to PayPal within 180 days from the purchase date or your claim will be dismissed.
Jun 04, 2020, 01:29 AM
Trader Rating: 14
UMX guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
We recommend against using PayPal's Gift Option
We advise against agreeing to make payment for an item by using the PayPal gift option. Sales that use the gift option are not protected under PayPal's rules. Trying to save a few dollars may cost you far more money!
Thanks for the tip Jim! I never knew the reason why the "gift" option was discouraged, but now I do! I'll never send as a gift again. I had previously done it the other way cause I don't want to lie to paypal.
Oct 25, 2022, 01:22 AM
Trader Rating: 88
Thanks
Oct 25, 2022, 10:33 AM
Trader Rating: 41
Classic jets rule
I personally don't like the gift option as you don't get the address for shipping, and you got to go somewhere else to print shipping label. Makes it easier for me to ship when using PayPal "for goods " you can then print a shipping label right from there site without having to type the name & address of the person your shipping too.
Feb 17, 2023, 02:26 PM
Trader Rating: 247
BnG...
Economic times are taking a downward spiral, so more than the usual caution is needed. Avoiding 1099-K tax law online, is common here.
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Mar 11, 2023 at 08:40 PM.
Feb 17, 2023, 04:36 PM
Trader Rating: 41
Classic jets rule
What are the ground rules for the 1099 k I haven't seen anything from pp on this .

Quick Reply