Apr 27, 2011, 07:22 PM
Eggs @ Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
Doesn't look as nice and detailed as the Airfield/FMS T-28 that just got released, but I am sure it will be priced accordingly. Looks like in this video that it comes with the retracts, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUFnVaTQJRE
AWESOME!!! NitroPlanes videos are getting so much Better! except stop trying to step on my toes with those moves! hehe my Parkzone T-28 is so bruised from the punishment I do with hehe (lotta stick banging)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2011, 09:19 PM
Agreed, mine needs a full rebuild after I fought the limbs of a tree. The fuselage got past the tree, but the wing wasn't so lucky. Ripped my wing and wingsaddle out of the plane. This T-28 may be a good replacement, if I decide not to rebuild my Trojan lol.
Apr 29, 2011, 09:20 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Ive never been impressed with the parkzone or eflite cheap servos they put into their arfs. Dynam or airfield servos are not any better but with the cheaper price, you can afford to put some inexpensive EXI D213F digitals in the ailerons and elevator where it counts once they are worn down some. I got a 2nd hand Parkzone T28, then put EXI servos in them and WOW, so much more control. I'll be tossed on which T28 to get, the Dynam or Airfield. I hope the airfield comes in first though.
Last edited by Melnic; Sep 29, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
Apr 29, 2011, 09:38 PM
Global Hobby Store
I used to be able to get Dynam in Kit format where you could add your own server. We even stocked emax and mks servos to put in them.. However dynam have stopped supplying the kit format now so I can only provide PnP.. However their pricing has allowed me to drop teh price of Pnp to help offset those who want to use their own.

Rob
Apr 29, 2011, 09:39 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Thread OP
If I had to make a guess, I would have to say that this Dynam T-28 will run $159 for an ARF version and $189 for a RTF. The Airfield T-28 would probably be similar to the other large warbirds in that series; $239 for an ARF and $269 for the RTF.

The Airfield is obviously going to have more detail and features. I guess it depends on whether you want the Toyota or the Lexus when it comes to the two brands

KMan
Last edited by kman24; Apr 29, 2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: minor correction
May 01, 2011, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
One other thing I have noticed about this plane compared the Airfield/FMS T-28 is that this one is a little smaller. It is listed as a 1200mm wingspan where as the Airfield/FMS is 1400mm. This smaller size allows it to run on a 3s power system instead of 4s.

KMan
May 19, 2011, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
There is stock at Nitroplanes $169.00 RTF
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...y-rtf-24g.html
May 19, 2011, 04:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler
There is stock at Nitroplanes $169.00 RTF
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...y-rtf-24g.html
Good catch twiz! I hope they start getting the ARF versions soon. If the RTF's are running that price, then the ARF's should come in at $129. Either way, they are both a good deal IMO

KMan
May 19, 2011, 07:44 PM
Global Hobby Store
Our first stock of PnP is arriving either today or on Monday of the T-28 in both colors.. We've decided to only go the PnP route but add the extra servos for the flaps.. Just install them, add a radio an battery and your ready to rock..

Rob
May 25, 2011, 09:09 AM
Is anybody flying one of these yet?

I am interested to hear third party opinion on over all quality, how the retracts work and if it has the power for good knife edge patterns and K/E loops.
May 25, 2011, 11:41 AM
Maj, USAF
I'm also curious how this plane stacks up - I'm nearly locked-in for the FMS T-28 when it comes online, but it is taking forever to reach us in the USA. If this Dynam T-28 flies well and the retracts work at a much lower price, it will be a serious contender for purchase.

Any idea on whether or not Nitroplanes will ever stock the Red Version? Gray scheme is just not doing it for me...
May 25, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ordered mine Monday night, UPS says delivery 5/31/11. I have the Dynam DC-3, Cessna 310, and Turbo Jet, and am very pleased with the Dynam product, engineering, and quality. What the hell, I threw in a Dynam Meteor and 3 new 5s Lipos just for kicks. I have until Tuesday to explain to my wife why I just HAD to have these two new planes......
May 25, 2011, 03:34 PM
...I threw in a Dynam Meteor and 3 new 5s Lipos just for kicks. I have until Tuesday to explain to my wife why I just HAD to have these two new planes......[/QUOTE]

You'll like the Meteor it has a good flight envelope, with 5 cells it goes like a banshee (the vertical is sweet) but it can also slow down well. When I fly mine, people say it looks like it's on rails (never feels that secure to me!) Just check out the thread on rcgroups (you probably already have) and attend to a few little things and it'll be your new EDF friend. I had one 'unintentional landing" (got inverted too far away to see well), the nose broke clean off - I glued it back on and was flying again the next day - got to love foam!
May 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
You'll like the Meteor it has a good flight envelope, with 5 cells it goes like a banshee (the vertical is sweet) but it can also slow down well. When I fly mine, people say it looks like it's on rails (never feels that secure to me!) Just check out the thread on rcgroups (you probably already have) and attend to a few little things and it'll be your new EDF friend. I had one 'unintentional landing" (got inverted too far away to see well), the nose broke clean off - I glued it back on and was flying again the next day - got to love foam!

Thanks for the info - I have read about all of the Meteor thread, and look forward to ripping past my friends stock Habus!! My buddy broke his Habu in 3 pieces, and I brought it home for Doctor Epoxy to fix. It looks great from 20 feet away at 70 mph!

I guess I can tell my wife I actually saved money on shipping by buying two planes!! I think the Dynam Trojan looks great, and I will definitely be adding the flaps and probably a nav light set before I even fly it. Can't wait!!
May 25, 2011, 09:08 PM
I like both the grey and the white Trojans. I must like the grey one better as it's the one I bought from PZ. On my third flight I was comfortable with it and looking forward to several touch and goes on a low wind day with the whole field to myself. I noticed on my first two landings how I sometimes had to struggle to see the model when it got low and the dark green trees became my backdrop. Then wham! I'm still in a bit of shock and it was a month ago. That plane was supposed to last me this whole year! Now it's part of the top third of a very tall tree. If you don't have real good vision and prefer not to have to pant your new Trojan, I'd get the white Trojan.

Quick Reply