Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 04, 2011, 07:38 PM
Discussion

Request forum for RC AIRBOATS

New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Airboats

Category: Boat

Description: A forum for airboats, Any boat that is air driven by a pusher or tractor (airplane) propeller.

Justification: This is needed for the model airboat is becoming more popular everyday. I believe this will be a outstanding forum.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2011, 12:31 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
I like it...
Apr 05, 2011, 01:21 PM
Grumpa Tom
Add me to the "Yes" list.
Apr 05, 2011, 03:32 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
definitely
Apr 05, 2011, 03:55 PM
Yes
Apr 05, 2011, 04:09 PM
R/C air boats come in many different styles here are just three
Last edited by 71dartswinger; Apr 05, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Apr 05, 2011, 07:15 PM
Good idea, Kimber will be pleased
Apr 05, 2011, 08:13 PM
I'm in full agreement with the idea of creating a new forum for airboats.

Apr 05, 2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Good idea, Kimber will be pleased
I sent her a pm, hope she signs.
Apr 05, 2011, 09:42 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Yes...
Apr 05, 2011, 10:20 PM
Retired for now
Those arn't airboats. Fast gas maybe but not airboats. Pete
Apr 06, 2011, 02:02 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Tried once before to see if there was any interest in a airboat and hovercraft forum to no avail

Yes

would definitely like to see the hovercraft moved here as well

Nick
Apr 06, 2011, 02:13 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
No, sorry gang, but we have been through this before... enough of the Balkanization of the Boating forums.

Look what a fiasco the last one (ROVs) has proven to be... less than 36 threads in nearly a year, with most with posts in the single digits!

Even if it does fly, then it would pull people and skills out of the other forums which hurts and weakens everyone. We aren't the flyboys (nor do we have their numbers) who seem to need a separate board for each piece of the wing and fuselage.

If you want something, start an aggregator thread (like my Woodies thread) that serves as a central clearing house for Airboat info and start every Airboat related thread with the word "AIRBOATS:" in caps!!! With this you have a meeting place and you can find airboat related threads easily either via a visual or keyword search.
Latest blog entry: Ah, To be young again...
Apr 06, 2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_c
No, sorry gang, but we have been through this before... enough of the Balkanization of the Boating forums.

Look what a fiasco the last one (ROVs) has proven to be... less than 36 threads in nearly a year, with most with posts in the single digits!

Even if it does fly, then it would pull people and skills out of the other forums which hurts and weakens everyone. We aren't the flyboys (nor do we have their numbers) who seem to need a separate board for each piece of the wing and fuselage.

If you want something, start an aggregator thread (like my Woodies thread) that serves as a central clearing house for Airboat info and start every Airboat related thread with the word "AIRBOATS:" in caps!!! With this you have a meeting place and you can find airboat related threads easily either via a visual or keyword search.
Not at all, and please don't use this thread to promote your link. The more forums the better. keeps things organized. Spread the word.
Last edited by rcairboater; Apr 06, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Apr 07, 2011, 06:00 AM
add me to the yes list then I might be able to get mine to run Proper with help
Bob Big