Apr 03, 2011, 07:07 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
Thread OP
Discussion

Looking to buy another boat! help me out!

How's it going everyone...

I had a proboat formula fastech 2 summers ago and loved it, but as many of you know I was very very sick with surgeries and all up until this year, and I sold the boat.... and I am now buying a 30 foot full scale boat and am looking to quickly buy a few "mini" boats to keep on the big boat....

I love the ease, cleanliness, and performance of the brushless formula fastech style boats as I can get up early and run them in the marina without disrupting as much as a gas or glow engine would. But I also want a gas or glow boat.

Anyways if ANYBODY has ANYTHING let me know!!! Also if yall can give me any insight on a good quality boat (I really enjoyed the fastech) try to point me in the right direction!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2011, 07:59 PM
Redneck Injuneer
I don't own one myself but, the Proboat Miss Geico has been getting lots of good words said about it. There's a couple of threads about it in here someplace.
Apr 05, 2011, 01:45 PM
any interest in a king of shaves offshore v rtr?
Apr 05, 2011, 09:29 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Without a doubt i would recommend the Pursuit.........32", corners on rails, will handle chop well...................and is practically bulletproof. Myself and my three buddies race them.........its my favorite boat cuz i bash the crap out of hit and it just keeps on going. We run the Leopard 4074 2200kv motors and they hit 45mph.

http://www.kintecracing.com/Pursuit.html

Mine.........

32" Pursuit Mono with Leopard 4074 (1 min 44 sec)
Apr 11, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
I bought an Aquacraft SV27 at a good price Sunday morning! should be here thursday or friday...

I just ordered a 40X53 grimracer, as well as 2 2S 4400mAh 30C Sky lipos. Hopefully will be a pretty good combo
Apr 11, 2011, 07:39 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower1930
I bought an Aquacraft SV27 at a good price Sunday morning! should be here thursday or friday...

I just ordered a 40X53 grimracer, as well as 2 2S 4400mAh 30C Sky lipos. Hopefully will be a pretty good combo
Sorry to hear that......................SV's cannot turn worth a poop..........hopefully yours will meet your expectations. You got three opinions in this thread and none of them were for the SV............
Apr 11, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing he bought the RTR one with speedmaster hardware that was for sale on here, if so he got a good deal! If he ever gets tired of the SV hull he can swap the hardware and electronics to a DF26 (or knockoff) and have a rocket!
Apr 12, 2011, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1
Sorry to hear that......................SV's cannot turn worth a poop..........hopefully yours will meet your expectations. You got three opinions in this thread and none of them were for the SV............
I'm still looking into the 3 opinions, but for the price I got on the SV I couldn't pass it up and as I said I'm going to be getting more then one boat. Something to start with man... And I'm not racing the boat, I'm getting it to run while I'm up on my full scale boat at the lake, and of course wanted some speed! I'm not really crazy about real precise turns just yet just want a fun boat.

I'm really looking into the Miss Geico, and also the Pursuit as I've heard others talking about the pursuit and it looks to be a sick boat!

And parsons, it was for sale on here. It was the white SV27 built from a bare hull, and after talking to him it was built by a very experienced boater... so I'm looking forward to getting it
Last edited by chevypower1930; Apr 12, 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: giving more info
Apr 12, 2011, 07:04 PM
The asking price was VERY reasonable for what you got, good buy IMO.
Apr 12, 2011, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
The asking price was VERY reasonable for what you got, good buy IMO.
ha yeah, the seller said it looks like a brand new boat. Definitely a deal I couldn't pass up! already with some upgraded running hardware!
Apr 13, 2011, 08:35 AM
You would spend more than what you paid just to get the motor/esc/hardware. You essentially got a free hull and tx/rx. I thought long and hard about buying it, but I promised myself I wouldn't buy things just because they're a good deal I'm running out of storage room because of that.

If in the future you want a more competitive hull, pick up a DF26 (or a knock off) and swap everything from this hull over to it. If you're running for fun, I would just invest in a bunch of batteries and enjoy running it!
Apr 13, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
You would spend more than what you paid just to get the motor/esc/hardware. You essentially got a free hull and tx/rx. I thought long and hard about buying it, but I promised myself I wouldn't buy things just because they're a good deal I'm running out of storage room because of that.

If in the future you want a more competitive hull, pick up a DF26 (or a knock off) and swap everything from this hull over to it. If you're running for fun, I would just invest in a bunch of batteries and enjoy running it!
Thanks buddy!

Should be gettin it real soon. Here are some of the pics from the ad for those who didn't see it, I love that it looks different than other SV27's
Apr 15, 2011, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
Wow. I got the boat today, it is in absolutely immaculate shape. I wouldn't believe it had every been ran before. It looks like it's straight from the box, plus the upgraded hardware!
Apr 15, 2011, 05:47 PM
Awesome, enjoy it! Should be a good runner!
Apr 15, 2011, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Awesome, enjoy it! Should be a good runner!
Yeah man, got the lipos today, as well as these lipo voltage indicators I'm going to try out, emits LOUD beeps when the voltage is nearing the low point. Just have to swap the battery connectors to deans and then I'm gonna take it out for some tests!

Quick Reply