Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by twmonroe
Discussion

thinking about next project....

Anybody know of a nice balsa and ply kit or pnp p38 scale model that can use electric propulsion? 6-9 channel flaps ailerons elev rudder and retracts that could handle a prepped grass field?

Lots of detail wanted and if you can point me to pics/vid of a completed build of it would be a big plus...would prefer a kit but an arf would be ok..looking at next sunner as a fly date as I want to take my time with the build.

Tm
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by AR1516
Amped UP!
Does it have to be balsa? I think you can still find the GWS foam P-38. Not the best plane but, the sky's the limit with details you can add.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:14 PM
I would prefer a balsa/sheet kit..something I can take my time and assemble..half the fun of the hobby is in the build..

TM
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by baldguy
I eat glue
Plans from Chris Golds for a 70" span P-38 twin electric. I think Traplet carries the plans.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by AR1516
Amped UP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmonroe View Post
I would prefer a balsa/sheet kit..something I can take my time and assemble..half the fun of the hobby is in the build..

TM
Yeah, I hear that, building is most of the fun. My roots in scratch building balsa aircraft run deep. Just thought I would mention the GWS option.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldguy View Post
Plans from Chris Golds for a 70" span P-38 twin electric. I think Traplet carries the plans.
I donkt have the tools for a "cut your own parts" build..even if I could find a pnp lightning with retracts, fowler flaps etc I would be satisfied. I saw somewhere on here a review comparing the vq lightning to another one but darned if I can find it now....

TM
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:50 PM
Does anybody have the K&A lightning?

wondering if it can be done with retracts and brushless electrics..

TM
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by Santoneski
there is this not sure if its the scale your looking for http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=408
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:22 PM
Close..I actually might have found it at K&A

http://www.kamodels.com/

TM