Aug 19, 2012, 12:33 AM

RealFlight files for Leader 480

Does anybody know if files exist for the Leader 480 so that it can be "flown" on the RealFlight simulation version 5.5?

Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man
Ouch!

My goal now is to fly my Leader 480 this weekend

Woo hoo!
Mine sat in the cupboard for a few weeks. Started building her a couple of days ago, should be ready for the weekend.
I've got 2200 3s, but I would like to get some 3000mha's for longer flights. Does anyone use the 3000mha's ?

My seupt will be
Turnigy easymatch 10 1100kv
55 amp trust esc. ( have not had any trouble with these esc)
11 by 7 apc prop

Static test , about 425watt at around 36 amps. That's if I remember correctly.
Sep 04, 2012, 04:51 AM
Fighting Gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by medroller
Mine sat in the cupboard for a few weeks. Started building her a couple of days ago, should be ready for the weekend.
I've got 2200 3s, but I would like to get some 3000mha's for longer flights. Does anyone use the 3000mha's ?

My seupt will be
Turnigy easymatch 10 1100kv
55 amp trust esc. ( have not had any trouble with these esc)
11 by 7 apc prop

Static test , about 425watt at around 36 amps. That's if I remember correctly.
I think most of us use 2200's. IMHO the trick with the Leader is not to try and make things too heavy.
Sep 04, 2012, 07:14 PM
yep keep it light, try to get some 2800 mahs and you will still get long enough flight times.
Sep 08, 2012, 01:36 AM
Had the maiden yesterday and put a few more flights on her today.
So far not overly happy with the plane . The ailerons are warped ,so trying to get them as close to level with the wing and get level flight is a bit dodgy. But I just gotta go out to the field and tune her in the best I can. On the plus side, she has plenty of power with the setup I'm running . Landing is a breeze and you can really chuck her around the sky at close quarters for fun . Stall turns, inverted , rolls ,spins, all seem good. Didn't really want to do snaps that well, might have to train her a bit. But I reckon I'll come to love this bird. Gotta be positive.
Sep 08, 2012, 04:53 AM
Fighting Gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by medroller
Had the maiden yesterday and put a few more flights on her today.
So far not overly happy with the plane . The ailerons are warped ,so trying to get them as close to level with the wing and get level flight is a bit dodgy. But I just gotta go out to the field and tune her in the best I can. On the plus side, she has plenty of power with the setup I'm running . Landing is a breeze and you can really chuck her around the sky at close quarters for fun . Stall turns, inverted , rolls ,spins, all seem good. Didn't really want to do snaps that well, might have to train her a bit. But I reckon I'll come to love this bird. Gotta be positive.
Congrats on the maiden.
My Leader took a little bit of trimming and playing with CG and motor thrust angle to get the best flight.
It is an old school Pattern flyer......... and does that well.
Sep 08, 2012, 09:09 AM
NorCal Prop Buster
My ailerons are slightly off as well, but once trimmed she flies great and is the most precise plane I have. My battery has to be sitting with its end on top of the wing tube for perfect CG.

Blu
Sep 08, 2012, 08:53 PM
I put a couple of rubber washers in for a slight down thrust, now she doesn't want to climb when banging in full power. First flight today and she surprised me and flew like a dream. I did change from a 11by7 to a 10by6 prop for a couple of flights. I noticed with the 10by6 she tracked better in loops, proberbly due to less prop torque.

As you gents have said before, she is a light plane and I found she is sensitive to things like different battery size configorations.

Looking forward to getting more flight time with her.
Sep 09, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hi I have been flying mine lots lately, gave it break for awhile flying some other planes. I have it set-up pretty well and adding more throw on the control surfaces. My 2200 3s batt is back over the wing spar I made a small platform so I can pass it over works great. Another mod I made was cutting out the bottom canopy tray and cut a small opening in the canopy window itself. This has cooled things down in the hottest of the summer days.
Sep 11, 2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester123CA
Hi I have been flying mine lots lately, gave it break for awhile flying some other planes. I have it set-up pretty well and adding more throw on the control surfaces. My 2200 3s batt is back over the wing spar I made a small platform so I can pass it over works great. Another mod I made was cutting out the bottom canopy tray and cut a small opening in the canopy window itself. This has cooled things down in the hottest of the summer days.
WHAT! A hot day in canada??
Sep 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
Hi medroller lol, yes it does get hot here in Canada. Maybe not the same levels as you are used too.
But 30C to 33C many days this summer. I fly my plane without the spinner and like to keep electronics and batts cool as I can.

Had a midair crash with a buddy just the other day. Both planes were able to land, his prop cut one of my wings taking out three wing spars and servo wire and control rod. His motor mount broke off and he landed with the motor hanging from two motor leads. So both are repairable.

After we hit I could see the wing covering and aileron flapping around still flying o.k. I think it could be fixed but just going to order a new wing set. First time I ever had that happen so lucky
both planes will fly again.
Sep 14, 2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester123CA
Hi medroller lol, yes it does get hot here in Canada. Maybe not the same levels as you are used too.
But 30C to 33C many days this summer. I fly my plane without the spinner and like to keep electronics and batts cool as I can.

Had a midair crash with a buddy just the other day. Both planes were able to land, his prop cut one of my wings taking out three wing spars and servo wire and control rod. His motor mount broke off and he landed with the motor hanging from two motor leads. So both are repairable.

After we hit I could see the wing covering and aileron flapping around still flying o.k. I think it could be fixed but just going to order a new wing set. First time I ever had that happen so lucky
both planes will fly again.
Nice and easy in your part of the world to get spares. It took about 3 months to get the leader here in australia.
Like you , I had my first midair a couple of months of months ago. I took out a glider with my eflite advance. No damage to the advance ( foam core wings), but wrote the glider off.
Sep 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
Well I checked with my local hobby store they are saying back ordered. So two weeks at least, I could just buy a whole new one. I decided to repair it, rebuilt the spars and aileron and recovered the the whole wing. I just got one roll of white ultracote and it worked out fine, first time working with the stuff. So its ready to fly again. Does not look the same but should fly fine.
Last edited by Tester123CA; Sep 14, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: pics
Sep 14, 2012, 09:01 AM
Some pics of repair...
Sep 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
That repair job looks pretty good to me.

Quick Reply