New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:17 AM
dartmouth01 is offline
Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Registered User
General, I'm wondering if you overtightened the prop down and deformed the prop center. Maybe this is what caused the stress fractures on your prop? Are you using the flexible gem fans? I've bent a few on crashes, and they show stress marks, but never any cracks....

kyle925, lipos don't work as well in cold weather. Try warming them up inside your jacket, next to your body, before using them. Also I've read about people insulating them, but haven't tried that yet. Also, apparently its not good to charge them while they're cold, so keep that in mind as well.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:48 AM
srowe is offline
Find More Posts by srowe
Registered User

New Flip Awesome


My Flip quad is so fun to fly...Paul makes an awesome quad and it performs as advertised,,,led lights easy to see and really fast..first quad and dont know why i didnt get one before now..cant wait to get more stick time !!!!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:14 AM
AlanFlorida is offline
Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Registered User
AlanFlorida's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by srowe View Post
My Flip quad is so fun to fly...Paul makes an awesome quad and it performs as advertised,,,led lights easy to see and really fast..first quad and dont know why i didnt get one before now..cant wait to get more stick time !!!!
Great to hear and welcome to the WiteSpy Family!!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:56 PM
PeterGriffin is offline
Find More Posts by PeterGriffin
Registered User
So I have a Flip and have flown it before, but I think I inadvertently changed something in my DX8 and now it won't arm. I have my travel set accordingly on each channel, but the one thing I'm curious about is that Paul says to set throttle trim to -50%.. How do I do this? I'm probably overlooking something simple.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:47 PM
General660 is offline
Find More Posts by General660
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
General, I'm wondering if you overtightened the prop down and deformed the prop center. Maybe this is what caused the stress fractures on your prop? Are you using the flexible gem fans? I've bent a few on crashes, and they show stress marks, but never any cracks....

kyle925, lipos don't work as well in cold weather. Try warming them up inside your jacket, next to your body, before using them. Also I've read about people insulating them, but haven't tried that yet. Also, apparently its not good to charge them while they're cold, so keep that in mind as well.
dartmouth, prop centers are fine, these are cracks in the trailing edge on just one prop. If I hadn't landed, I am sure it would have blown apart mid-air, causing a crash. Yes, I am using the nylon Gem fan props, cheap, disposable, good to learn with. I am guessing just a bad prop, no others show this problem. I bought 16, broke one, then this vibration came up. Like I said, I landed to check things out, found washers loose, but nuts on. And I found this almost exploded prop.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:17 PM
AlanFlorida is offline
Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Registered User
AlanFlorida's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by General660 View Post
dartmouth, prop centers are fine, these are cracks in the trailing edge on just one prop. If I hadn't landed, I am sure it would have blown apart mid-air, causing a crash. Yes, I am using the nylon Gem fan props, cheap, disposable, good to learn with. I am guessing just a bad prop, no others show this problem. I bought 16, broke one, then this vibration came up. Like I said, I landed to check things out, found washers loose, but nuts on. And I found this almost exploded prop.
If you said loose nutů.I think you were referring to me Happy Flying!!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:41 PM
RocketIII is offline
Find More Posts by RocketIII
Registered User
RocketIII's Avatar

Key Chain


Key Chain cam on a quad (3 min 16 sec)


My first attempt with a key chain cam. Mounted it on a piece of steel between the battery and the frame. Looks like it needs to be secured better a lot of vibration?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:43 AM
dartmouth01 is offline
Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Registered User
Actually you should try to put some foam or gel between the camera and the steel. I used some foam from a sponge, but some people buy special gel inserts.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:45 AM
thegeek is offline
Find More Posts by thegeek
Registered User

It's back


Just had to remind you again just how cool the FPV frame looks

Witespy HT-FPV Frame Quad (0 min 44 sec)


Cheers

J
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:07 AM
AlanFlorida is offline
Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Registered User
AlanFlorida's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
Just had to remind you again just how cool the FPV frame looks

http://youtu.be/qtN1bNBvM6o

Cheers

J
Nice! You are sure flying in some close quarters!!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:14 PM
conundrum is offline
Find More Posts by conundrum
FDNY/EMS(Ret.)
conundrum's Avatar
Just received my "The Flip" from Paul...... WOW

New to Quads... Do I just bind to my DX8 ??

Thanks
Last edited by conundrum; Feb 07, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:31 PM
RocketIII is offline
Find More Posts by RocketIII
Registered User
RocketIII's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
Actually you should try to put some foam or gel between the camera and the steel. I used some foam from a sponge, but some people buy special gel inserts.
gel from a shoe insert?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 PM
Muddie is offline
Find More Posts by Muddie
A Snickering Hound
Muddie's Avatar
moon gel is/was pretty popular. not sure if anything better has become available lately.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:08 PM
AlanFlorida is offline
Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Registered User
AlanFlorida's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
Just received my "The Flip" from Paul...... WOW

New to Quads... Do I just bind to my DX8 ??

Thanks
Welcome to the WiteSpy Family!!! Study the flight controller you ordered and do all your setup with NO PROP on!!

Which quad and what controller did you get?

Have FUN!!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:54 PM
conundrum is offline
Find More Posts by conundrum
FDNY/EMS(Ret.)
conundrum's Avatar
Quote:
Which quad and what controller did you get?
Thank you.. Can't wait to maiden but Blizzard here NYC.


The Sport one,not the FPV with MEGA 2.O controller.
Not sure if I just make new model and bind to that??

Thanks
Last edited by conundrum; Feb 07, 2013 at 09:00 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Quad brushless motors and quad ESC wiring whatala Power Systems 11 Dec 28, 2015 04:51 PM
Found Want to Trade FY-90Q Quad Controller for differnt Quad controller FL62 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Mar 11, 2011 07:43 PM
Discussion KK Quad In air from a Gaui Quad guyg Multirotor Talk 1 Jan 21, 2011 06:13 PM
Build Log STM8s Quad-copter "Quad-radic" Edftakeoff Multirotor Talk 4 May 17, 2010 04:09 AM
quad cdr quad esc how many poly cells? captinnitro Power Systems 2 Apr 04, 2005 09:37 PM