Jan 18, 2012, 07:18 AM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrynator
@Paul. I was going to combine that ESC you owe me with some Frame/hardware spares to save doing an order from you and Tom as it would mean two shipping costs to Canada. So to best simplify I have a better idea.

I would still like to get that esc, but could I do my main frame parts order over at Toms place and have you just send Tom the ESC, when you are sending something to him anyway, As it is the cheapest that way.
I guess I need Tom to agree as well, but it's just an esc and I don't want either of us to pay $15 just to get it to Canada. I'm just looking for the cheapest method. Most of the parts I was getting were frame parts anyway. Last thing. Seeing how I've purchased far more than an equivalent RTF witespy quad in parts over time from you. Could I get your CD as I mentioned before. Pretty please
If that's ok Paul. Please send it to him. And Tom, I'll send you an email before I order those frame parts.

Next subject
Hey tanasit. Back to your last pic. I love the colour scheme the canopy of your trY. Was that a stock colour or did you paint it?
This is no problem, just email us after the order so we can include the esc... and I will check with Paul to make sure he hasn't already shipped it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2012, 11:04 AM
Question on lights and color. I've spent about an hour or so at night in recent months and have had no problems with seeing what the air vehicle was doing. I normally use green on right side of vehicle and red on left side. This is standard avaition set up and normal to me as I fly full size vehicles as well. I mispoke on colors on the nose as they are white which lights up the Jack antenna ball on the nose. Blue is used on the aft end and has not proved a problem although it is different than that used on full size vehicles. ed
Jan 18, 2012, 03:04 PM
Canadian Flyer, when warm
Thanks Tom.
Gotta pop out but I'll do it up tonight and then email all parties.
I'll email you because of one problem I notice in ordering.
-Terry
Jan 18, 2012, 04:37 PM

Help and opinons.

I'm trying to play around with the PID and so on to get the quad to a good starter setting.

One thing i've noticed is that the quad does not match up properly with the image on the Multi WII.

I can turn the quad and the image changes on screen, but the do not line up right. Is this fine or something I need to change.

Also I've copied the PID settings from another beginner on this forum. Do they look ok?
I'm really having a hard time getting my head around the PID settings.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by lanty; Jan 18, 2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: wrong image.
Jan 18, 2012, 04:50 PM
Rank Amatuer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanty
I can turn the quad and the image changes on screen, but the do not line up right. Is this fine or something I need to change.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the way the image points on the screen relies upon the mag sensor. I have tried pointing mine exactly north, and then calibrating the mag sensor, and it has not changed the position of the on-screen image... but I don't think it actually matters. The mag positioning mode will work just fine regardless of this, because it can still calculate the direction it is facing when activated, and correct for that. It doesn't really have to know what direction is north.
Jan 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamous
I ran across this in another thread here and am wondering if anyone has done something similar with a witespy

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...highlight=lake

I know earlier on someone used pool noodles on the legs to cushion landings and I will probably try that as I try and sharpen my flying skills.

I am also wondering if the semi ring on the floater in the thread I linked to would work instead of individual links of pool noodles on the legs.

YMMV
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post19705794

see post#2590

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post19808648

see post#2704

Once the lake freezes, I will go back and do ice skating.
Jan 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrynator
@Paul.

Next subject
Hey tanasit. Back to your last pic. I love the colour scheme the canopy of your trY. Was that a stock colour or did you paint it?
I got it from *bay for $6.20 FREE shipping from Hong Kong.
There are tons of those with various color schemes.
Look for Align Trex 450 Helicopter canopy.
Jan 18, 2012, 07:24 PM
aka Helidaho
Hey Paul and Tom,

I'm really interested in the Hoverthings FPV frame and the Naza controller. I don't suppose you guys are going to put together any RTF versions of that combo? I got to thinking, in my old age I should let the pros put one together for me and the ones you guys build always look good.

Just curious...

Thanks,
Paul
Jan 18, 2012, 07:50 PM
Too many hobbies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho
Hey Paul and Tom,

I'm really interested in the Hoverthings FPV frame and the Naza controller. I don't suppose you guys are going to put together any RTF versions of that combo? I
The Witespy quad with Naza is listed on the Hoverthings site. This is the RTF version. http://www.hoverthings.com/ready-to-...lack-naza.html
Jan 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
aka Helidaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairview1100
The Witespy quad with Naza is listed on the Hoverthings site. This is the RTF version. http://www.hoverthings.com/ready-to-...lack-naza.html
Close, but I'm actually more interested in pairing the Naza with this version of the Hoverthings frame:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4397

Thanks,
Paul
Jan 18, 2012, 08:09 PM
Weather is looking better for tomorrow……I hope to fly my WiteSpy
Jan 18, 2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Close, but I'm actually more interested in pairing the Naza with this version of the Hoverthings frame:

Thanks,
Paul
I am certain that will be available in the future
Jan 18, 2012, 09:41 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Quote:

Thanks,
Paul
Yes, not long now. We are finalizing the FPV frame and gearing up to cut a bunch of them for builds. We are trying to get caught up first on the 450 frames and parts to fix our constant "out of stock" issue

We try to stock up on spare parts first before frames to keep everyone flying.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
aka Helidaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner
Yes, not long now. We are finalizing the FPV frame and gearing up to cut a bunch of them for builds. We are trying to get caught up first on the 450 frames and parts to fix our constant "out of stock" issue

We try to stock up on spare parts first before frames to keep everyone flying.
Thanks Tom,

High demand has got to be a good problem to have!!!

When the frames are available I'll check your site for the FPV Naza RTF versions.

Thanks,
Paul
Jan 19, 2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner
This is a little rough but I wrote it up quick for those who are switching out their Quadrinos for a Naza:

http://hoverthingssupport.com/downlo...no_to_naza.pdf
Tom and Paul,

I have a Witespy 450 Quadrino Zoom and am thinking of getting the Naza from you. Since my Witespy is bone stock, should I have any problems swapping out a Naza FC? I am going to assume that the esc's, Keda motors, etc should work fine? I really like the idea of having altitude hold as I'm not a very experienced pilot and pretty much only do slow fly FPV and video.

I figure that once I get much better and could get all the additional parts to start another build with my Quadrino for future Accro flying or when GPS is added in coming months.

Please let me know if the Naza should be simple plug and play. I have basic soldering skills etc, some I'm not worried about that.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply