Jan 26, 2013, 07:25 AM
Gravity impaired
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg
jrjr....Gonna try this sunday. It will be getting up to 30 degrees. Gotta find some nerv on the way there......
Good luck, its a blast! Just remember to recover with more than enough altitude to start with and be safe.....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
Don't give in to gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg
jrjr....Gonna try this sunday. It will be getting up to 30 degrees. Gotta find some nerv on the way there......
Follow the instructions by jrjr. It will go right into it. the best/fastest way i am finding to get it out it is both sticks opposite input. Move bothe sticks to the the bottom right from bottome left. Teh plane will rotate another 2 or 3 time then stop. You will be inverted tho so give some down elavator and fly it out.

good luck. post how you do.
Jan 26, 2013, 02:34 PM

Need Graupner CAM speed props (6 inch)

Hi Guys,
I am glassing my newer Q with 16/25 CEQ motor & need the best props I can find for flying on 3S and 4S.
Does any one have a source or want to sell me Graupner CAM 6X6, 6.5X6.5, 6X5.5 or 6.5X5.5 ?

Thanks in Advance,
KF
Jan 28, 2013, 01:35 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
If you chat with GryphonRCU or murdnunoc those guys will hook you up with all the specs you'll need for speed! Motor & ESC, I'm sure they'll recommend one of the Mega Motor setups as well as a motor mount that'll work, but those guys will take care of ya!
Murdnunoc is a great guy, He got me the mega motor on that is on on my plane now. Very solid motor.

Though i dont use it for speed like he does, it works out great
Jan 28, 2013, 01:39 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
Killab that setup is KILLER!!! I'd love to get into FPV period!!! But I think I'd have to start off with my Radian Pro first!!! I can't even imagine FPV on my Stryker!!

And 10 flights with FPV, too cool!!!! Congrats with your setup, both video & your layout on your Stryker looks neat!!!!
Thanks, Cant wait to start pushing my limits. baby steps of course.

Ive only been Fpving for about 8 months now and the bug has bitten hard. I uave three fpv quads and my stryker of course, ritewing is next. Dont think i could go LOS again. It way to much fun.
Jan 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
Here is a little vid of me
Mike flying his parkzone stryker (2 min 49 sec)
Jan 28, 2013, 06:45 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
one more to make up the failure at the end of first vid
A nice flight by Mike (2 min 14 sec)
Jan 28, 2013, 06:52 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the man
Hey Guys,

Look from my perspective I'm considering the baby Stryker. Since it is so much lighter the possibility of structural failure are much reduced. That being said on a personal level I'm very gun shy about buying another Horizon Hobby plane.

Bottomline I'm not saying don't buy an F27Q. I think it's worthy of consideration. That being said if you get one go in with your eyes open.

I hope this helps and this certainly was not written with any malice intended.

Danny
Danny Boy.....folks are upgrading the heck out of DA baby too...
Jan 28, 2013, 06:54 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
Only thing wrong with the Q is.....I NEED MORE POWER.......

Any help on Different motors and what not hit me up...
Jan 28, 2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr
Good luck, its a blast! Just remember to recover with more than enough altitude to start with and be safe.....
just wanted to say thanks. Had this thing for over a year and read other posts about doing them but for some reason after reading yours I just went out & did it !!!! again & again & again.. just floats out of it at the end, cannot believe how fast it spins
Jan 28, 2013, 10:20 PM
rrg
rrg
I did the spin yesterday. Man thats pretty cool. I don't know why i thought it was gonna spin flat with that right stick imput...da. When i landed i messed up the prop. Never did get to the "turbo spin" Got a couple 7x5's ordered. Did the spin with a bi-plane i had there, that was crazy looking......
Jan 29, 2013, 07:48 AM

Bungee catapult hook

Can someone post a photo of what & where they located their bungee hook on the bottom of the Styker.
I believe I read sometime ago that some people just use the forward wheel location, please confirm ?

Thanks in advance,
KF
Jan 29, 2013, 10:48 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26

Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4flyr
Can someone post a photo of what & where they located their bungee hook on the bottom of the Styker.
I believe I read sometime ago that some people just use the forward wheel location, please confirm ?

Thanks in advance,
KF
Just removed the wheel

Took some balsa ply and epoxied a eye screw in there then cut it off with a dremel

Some bungee action
Styker Fpv-Coit Rd (7 min 50 sec)
Jan 29, 2013, 12:34 PM
Thank you sir, just did not want to re-event the wheel so to speak...
KF
Jan 29, 2013, 01:11 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4flyr
Thank you sir, just did not want to re-event the wheel so to speak...
KF
No problem. I made the stack of ply deep enough to fit all the way down in the cavity that removing the wheel left. mostly hot glue to hold it in place but epoxied and sanded the (plug, as i call it) to fit right in. Been using that way for a couple years maybe can remember, I just pull the cord to 10-12 lbs of tension and off she goes.
the video i just uploaded i was launching with the wind, the wind was about 5-10 gusting to 15 mph so i gave it a little extra tension to get it going. But have had no issues with the bungee launch since i built it.

Quick Reply