Apr 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
Never Stop Learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc
I can't wait to get my hands on a bare airframe of this thing...
May fly it on a "low" 1500W first, then rip it apart and go for 200 on it to see how it stacks up in speed versus watts to the F-27C
You will ruin the planes flight characteristics if you make it heavier and over power it, more is not better. I spoke with QuiQue the designer at seff about the feasibility of higher power applications.

If you want to go 200 save your pennies do it right and buy a full hollow molded carbon airframe built to perform at 200+. Try F5B airframes you will like them a lot. Top speed at seff this year was 217 mph and that airframe had less than half the frontal area of either the Stryker 27C or Q (high wave drag) . Area rule, rules at speed.

Also all the parts, airframes etc for the old F27C are discontinued so buy them while you can before they are all gone.

to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2011, 11:15 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar22
You will ruin the planes flight characteristics if you make it heavier and over power it, more is not better. I spoke with QuiQue the designer at seff about the feasibility of higher power applications.

If you want to go 200 save your pennies do it right and buy a full hollow molded carbon airframe built to perform at 200+. Try F5B airframes you will like them a lot. Top speed at seff this year was 217 mph and that airframe had less than half the frontal area of either the Stryker 27C or Q (high wave drag) . Area rule, rules at speed.

Also all the parts, airframes etc for the old F27C are discontinued so buy them while you can before they are all gone.

Apr 29, 2011, 11:28 PM
The Earth got in the way!
Quote:

Where's the fun it that?
Apr 30, 2011, 02:39 AM
Jaguar22,

Looks like you missed the point.

Murdo's goal is not to just fly 200+ MPH, The goal is to fly 200+ MPH in a Stryker.

------

Just like folks who drag race cars which look like 57 Chevy (not so aerodynamic) down the quarter mile at 200+ MPH.

I hope/assume that you wouldn't go to them and say, hey if you drive the other type dragsters you would go faster.

Have a great weekend,

Gryphon
Apr 30, 2011, 09:38 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
I also love the jet truck at the airshow.

He's way less efficient than an Indy car that runs the same speeds, and doesn't fly nearly as well as the FA-18 the engines are designed for.

But he's a friggin 18-wheeler with jet engines.

= COOL ENOUGH IN MY BOOK.
May 02, 2011, 08:10 PM
Murdos I cant wait to add a twin Q to my collection, a 6 - 7 pounder outa take off like a rocket just like the C. Sounds like the trailing edge is thinner might that make it a little faster?

May have to get two frames to extend the front battery bay, possibly graft a longer battery bay, although C did not need it on the first two twins, 3rd might though
Last edited by Stryker Flyer; May 02, 2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Extending
May 03, 2011, 12:38 AM
S_F,

Remember the other mod by Arctery (I think) by adding a center section to the whole fuse? That made all kinds of room for the battery and electronics.

He first cut the fuse in two pieces right down the center, then widened it.

I will double check to see if it was him and ask for pics to be posted.

Good luck on your maiden.

Gryphon
May 03, 2011, 04:22 AM
Gryphon,
Post 234 in http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...10/key_/tm.htm I remember it well!
May 03, 2011, 05:40 AM
Peter M,

Thanks for the link...and the correction of the user name.

I was not sure of the user name.

I like that Stryker build by arcticflyer.

Stryker is a fantastic airframe to play with and to try any idea.

Love to see new Creations.

I'm sure at some point we will see the following builds: split elevons, twins, and EDFs on the F-27Q

Some fancy programming to use rudders(on 2 dif ch's) as airbrakes...maybe together with Crow type programming on Split elevons, and that would be some serious deceleration.

Gryphon
May 04, 2011, 08:22 PM
I can't wait to see all the crazy setups and the equipment you guys are going to squeeze into this thing.

subscribed
May 05, 2011, 02:56 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Just a couple more weeks hopefully
May 05, 2011, 03:15 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Quote:
. I spoke with QuiQue the designer at seff about the feasibility of higher power applications.
Unfortunately, as a figure head for Horizon, QuiQue is not at the liberty to suggest you over power it, etc as then everyone who had issues with a setup could attempt to hold Horizon at fault.

QuiQue is wise to suggest you stay stock on it..
May 05, 2011, 05:06 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer

First draft of new Styker for FMS simulator

Pardon me for jumping in, this is related to the new F-27Q.

I just finished the first alpha version of an FMS model of the new F-27Q Stryker.

It probably has way more rudder than needed as I can flat spin this one
at almost any orientation. It is still fun to play with though and I look forward to
people helping me tune the flight physics to make it fly better in the sim.

Clearview and RC Desk Pilot versions to come. Happy Flying!

-- ggunners
May 05, 2011, 07:06 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
ggunners rocks!!!!
May 06, 2011, 03:03 AM
ggunners-

Have you found a way for the FMS to work with vista/win7? It still seems to only support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP...Back when I was on xp I was making my own landscapes using real photos from goggle earth and changed up the plane designs...but when I switched to vista I couldnt get it to work...

Quick Reply