Mar 31, 2011, 06:39 AM
Crash, Learn, Repeat
Thread OP
New Product

Parkzone F 27Q stryker

This just came out looks pretty cool.

Web site http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ5680

VIDEO HERE http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Files/PKZ5680_Hi.wmv

Parkzones New Stryker F-27Q (1 min 43 sec)

You will need:

- 4+ channel DSM2 or DSMX compatible transmitter

Fully functioning rudders allow for more advanced maneuvers
Redesigned airfoil and more powerful 480 Brushless Outrunner motor for improved aerodynamics and speed
More rigid airframe with fiberglass reinforcement reduces wing flex and increases precision and speed
Removable top hatch provides convenient access to internal electronic components
Easy release magnetic nose for increased durability
Z-foam construction with CA hinges for increased durability, repairability and safety at high speeds
AR600 6-Channel Receiver installed
3S 2200mAh 25C battery included
2-3 cell variable rate fast charger included

Designed by world aerobatic champion Quique Somenzini, the F-27Q Stryker delivers a thrilling blend of speed and aerobatic precision that’s unlike anything else in its class. Its fiberglass-reinforced Z-Foam airframe has been designed to handle abrupt wing loading changes at high speeds. This, combined with its more powerful 480 brushless power system and twin rudders, gives you an extra dimension of aerobatic fun you won’t find with any other flight-ready flying wing. Flat spins, blenders, snaps, knife edge – the F-27Q does it all with the same smooth, predictable handing that’s made every Stryker a sport flying favorite.

Wingspan: 37.1 in (943mm)Overall Length: 24.1 in (612mm)
Flying Weight: 30 oz (855g)
Motor Size: 480 size Brushless Outrunner 2200 Kv (installed)
Radio: AR600 6-channel receiver (installed)
Servos: Four (4) DSV130M digital metal geared servos
Trim Scheme Colors: White with black, yellow, red and blue
CG (center of gravity): 5.5 inches (140mm) forward from the firewall on fuselage
Prop Size: 6" x 6"
Speed Control : 40A (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 2200mAh 25C LiPo Battery (included)
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low rate: 17mm, 10% expo; High rate: 35-40mm, 50% expo
Control Throw (Elevator): Low rate: 13mm, 5% expo; High rate: 35-40mm, 50% expo
Control Throw (Rudder): 35-40mm, 5% expo for both Low and High rates
Approx. Flying Duration: 8-12 minutes
Charger: DC powered variable rate balancing charger (included)
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: No
Last edited by friz; Mar 31, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2011, 09:36 AM
Sweet. Looks alot less draggy that the old stryker and with rudders (which run off independent servos, so they might work as airbrakes too). I hope they make one with a military feel to the paint scheme like the c and b models. Any idea on speed numbers?
Mar 31, 2011, 09:44 AM
Kamikaze Ace
Funny they give Quique credit for things we've been doing to them since day one.

Heck I designed and built one with rudders probably 5 years ago.

Same old PZ, did the same with the Cub, left us do all the R&D then they copied it as the new improved brushless version.

Least I give em credit for listening to us.
Mar 31, 2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl
Funny they give Quique credit for things we've been doing to them since day one.

Same old PZ, did the same with the Cub, left us do all the R&D then they copied it as the new improved brushless version.

Did you redesign the airfoil? You should send Horizon your resume', I'm sure they'll can Quique and hire you immediately.

Also: Why would you want rudders on a Stryker anyways? It's not like you're flying turnaround pattern with it.
Mar 31, 2011, 10:47 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale1974
Did you redesign the airfoil? You should send Horizon your resume', I'm sure they'll can Quique and hire you immediately.

Also: Why would you want rudders on a Stryker anyways? It's not like you're flying turnaround pattern with it.
Rudders let you do some wild aerobatics that can't be done without them: spins, blenders, etc. Plus you can knife edge now. I was skeptical at first (rudders on a Stryker? What's QQ thinking?) but once I flew it my face spread into a big 'ol grin. Quique's taken the Stryker to the next level, which I think should make the "Stryker Cult" happy.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:15 AM
Outstanding in a gravity field
Change the paint scheme, add a few military markings, and voilą...instant, albeit fictitious, but plausible, fantasy warbird.

It does look like some serious fun though.
How fast do you think that thing can go out-of-the-box stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
About 20mph faster than the Stryker C: "Can you help me fly my new Stryker? It goes 100 miles per hour."....
...Don't lose heart. Warbird lovers should be well-pleased this summer, and a little surprised.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:32 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Dave: Do you know how long the old airframe will be available? (As a bare fuselage PKZ1267)
Mar 31, 2011, 11:33 AM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Do we have a eta?

Chris
Mar 31, 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Rudders let you do some wild aerobatics that can't be done without them: spins, blenders, etc. Plus you can knife edge now. I was skeptical at first (rudders on a Stryker? What's QQ thinking?) but once I flew it my face spread into a big 'ol grin. Quique's taken the Stryker to the next level, which I think should make the "Stryker Cult" happy.
Hey Dave,

Cool! I love my F-27C..... So this looks like a great update! Thanks mate.

PS. Any chance of you guys doing a P-47 type update to a spitfire or mustang ? please!

Thanks

Chris
Mar 31, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl

Can I see how u did your rudder mod?

Thxs

Chris
Mar 31, 2011, 12:07 PM
Outstanding in a gravity field
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claydoc
Hey Dave,
Cool! I love my F-27C..... So this looks like a great update! Thanks mate.
PS. Any chance of you guys doing a P-47 type update to a spitfire or mustang ? please!
Thanks
Chris
We've been asking questions like that for awhile over at the following forum;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1361902

You're welcome to check it out and be part of the 'speculation fest'.
Mar 31, 2011, 03:26 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Video here:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...PKZ5680_Hi.wmv

count me in for one
Mar 31, 2011, 04:15 PM
AMA 52726
If I buy one of these, can someone teach me how to fly it? It goes 100 mph.
Mar 31, 2011, 04:38 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
I watched the video. It doesn't look hard.
Mar 31, 2011, 05:10 PM
Kamikaze Ace
Cannondale, as a matter of fact, I did redesign the wing on three of them. "Swiss Cheeze" had 98 holes for lightening, covered in Saran wrap. "Slayer, the wing was shortened, thinned and made fully symmetrical and glassed, "Banshee" similar wing, direct drive servos, all internal CF reinforcements, still on the build bench designed to crack the 200 mph barrier. And even more then one complete total redo's into different craft, like a Stealth version.

Oh and I was wrong, wasn't 5 years ago, was 6 nearly to the day. Posted on RCU, 4/2/05, RUDDERS ON A STRYKER. Look it even has the first brushed mod motor. Kyosho Magnetic Mahem, spinning an 8x6x3 blade. Oh the good old days.

Here's my post and photos.

Well after a minor set back, SUCCESS this morning.
First launch attempt, 10 feet up and prop came apart, man everything from late Pinky has some bad mojo going on. Back to van, only spare is a Firebird prop, CA it on and check for any other damage. Luckily nothing major. Launch attempt #2, in the air she goes, kinda like stock version. I guess added weight and F/B prop slowed her down some. Compared to 3 blade, was really sad. Anyhow, Got her up about 2 mistakes high as that's all she had, on 20 amp Esc.
Tried out rudders, SHAZAM, they work. On light application the drag from the rudders in the back actually lift the nose, no elevator needed. On all out rudder application, does a mean turn, if held will go into a flat spin. COOL. When get new Esc and prop on her I think I can make her slide turn like an airboat. Brief attempts at knife edges showed definite improvement. Rudders hold nose up at slower speeds. May have to buy another fuselage to do it right, as test bird is really heavy from prior mods tried and previous crash damage.
BJ

p.s. I forgot to add, I've beaten PZ to the punch a few times other then the Strykers. First brushed mod to the Cub, The Venom motor, Venom at least was so impressed they provided me with free motors, with all the folks I sent to them. . First brusheless conversion (twice) Eflite Park 400 4200kv via gear box, second was the Hacker 49 conversion. Then there was the Mustang, gutted wing and added spar, dual aileron servos, both AIR and mechanical retract versions, Mega brushless motor. Do a little digging on RCU/RCG/WattFlyer under the monikers of GG and SHELBY1 and you'll find em. So yeah maybe Horizon should hire me. LOL!

Some pics below. Nope none of Banshee, it's hidden till it debuts.

I know a little bit about the Strykers, at last count it was 37 that I've built/modded.
Last edited by Glacier Girl; Mar 31, 2011 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply