New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by boingk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:16 AM
Find More Posts by boingk
Discussion

Flight Footage Fiesta

Ok, so the P-40's been up (and down), the L-4 continues on its merry way... and Hobbyking has released a balsa kit. Interesting stuff, I've got one on the way right now so will be sure to document its build, both in a thread and here. Do we even have a balsa kit section? Hmmm...

Meanwhile, still waiting on some items to convert my J3 to be a bit more power efficient. The 3000kv motor in it at the moment is a lot of fun but doesn't give the best prop choices or flight times, especially if you're on the throttle a bit. Because I'll be replacing it with its 1500kv brother soon I thought a bit of a 'last hurrah' was in order. Heres the footage:

HobbyKing J3 Aerobatics (5 min 27 sec)

Bit of a goer, hey? Not really your run-of-the-mill J3 haha. I didn't take the P-40 up this afternoon but heres the video of its maiden flight. Theres a few crashes in there but when I got it to fly it was good.

FMS Mini P-40 from HobbyKing (6 min 35 sec)

Lastly, heres the HobbyKing balsa kit - a 24"/600mm skelotonised GeeBee. Looks like it should be a good build, last time I made anything like this I was 7 years old so it should be a lot of fun. Still being processed by the fellows at HK but should be here in a week or two.

The link for it is here: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16415

Cheers - boingk
Last edited by boingk; Mar 31, 2011 at 04:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts