Aug 14, 2013, 02:07 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Yeah very nice video!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2013, 02:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonzaS View Post
One blurry video from sunday evening :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWd6ZaT0q-Q

Jan
Great flying Jan!!!! thanks for sharing!
Sep 01, 2013, 06:08 AM
Take advantage this Sunday, September 1st (US time), and enjoy a 15% discount using coupon code Sept2013 - on any stock PA items. Discount does not apply for any out of stock item. We have limited stock in certain items. During the sale, if we run out of a particular item it may not be indicated on the site. In this case, we reserve the right to either offer you a different color if available in stock, or cancel your order. Discounts will not apply to any backorders.

Thank you and enjoy Father’s day in Australia and Labor day in the USA!

PA Team
Sep 01, 2013, 02:40 PM
Counting Cubs
They're multiplying. Another Bandit about to make its debut at my field.

Now to find two other guys who would order them in green and yellow...
Sep 04, 2013, 05:04 PM
Counting Cubs
Hey there,

I'm thinking about switching the quantum pro 45A ESC for one of these nifty telemetry enabled ESC's from Graupner (Brushless Control + T60 G3,5).

only problem I see is this ESC is given for 3A continuous (but 10A burst) where the Quantum is 4A continuous / 6A burst.

http://www.graupner.de/en/products/f...0/product.aspx

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/u...ntummanual.pdf

I like the 4A continuous part, since I always tend to choose my ESC's with largely sized switched BEC's.

Do you think 3A continuous would be up to the challenge with 4 hungry HS-65MG servos to feed?
Sep 04, 2013, 05:05 PM
Jan Spatny
I tried cellphone video today (to test video quality). Result is watchable. So... some more uncut Bandit-ing on the field!

Jan
Precision Aerobatics Bandit by Jan Spatny (5 min 37 sec)
Last edited by HonzaS; Sep 04, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Sep 04, 2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Hey there,

I'm thinking about switching the quantum pro 45A ESC for one of these nifty telemetry enabled ESC's from Graupner (Brushless Control + T60 G3,5).

only problem I see is this ESC is given for 3A continuous (but 10A burst) where the Quantum is 4A continuous / 6A burst.

http://www.graupner.de/en/products/f...0/product.aspx

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/u...ntummanual.pdf

I like the 4A continuous part, since I always tend to choose my ESC's with largely sized switched BEC's.

Do you think 3A continuous would be up to the challenge with 4 hungry HS-65MG servos to feed?

What receiver do you use. I'm sure it would be fine since the Graupner will handle peaks better. But i'd be wary if your using older Spektrum DSM2 receivers, they tend to drop out at fairly high voltages so it's much easier to have a brownout, same for some Hitec gear. Whereas Futaba along with many of chinese brands don't reboot till much lower voltages so will handle voltage swings much better.

Plus your only using analogue servos, if you were using Digital servos you would have to be more wary. From checking the servomances spreadsheet the HS-65HB's draw 790ma at stall point, so if you had all 4 servos stalled you would draw just over 3A. Plus the Quantum is designed to support 4 of the rebadged Blue Bird servos that PA sells as there own and the specs show that they all draw at least 1000ma so if the Quantum will handle 4 of those the Graupner will handle 4 analogue Hitecs fine. Given all that I reckon you'll be fine.
Last edited by luke352; Sep 04, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Sep 04, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
I tried cellphone video today (to test video quality). Result is watchable. So... some more uncut Bandit-ing on the field!

Jan
WOW! Great flying Jan! Is that a 3s or 4s setup?
Sep 04, 2013, 08:20 PM
Wish I could get my bandit that stable
Sep 05, 2013, 12:07 AM
Counting Cubs
Quote:

Jan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusuB...ature=youtu.be
Inspiring! Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke352 View Post
What receiver do you use. I'm sure it would be fine since the Graupner will handle peaks better. But i'd be wary if your using older Spektrum DSM2 receivers, they tend to drop out at fairly high voltages so it's much easier to have a brownout, same for some Hitec gear. Whereas Futaba along with many of chinese brands don't reboot till much lower voltages so will handle voltage swings much better.

Plus your only using analogue servos, if you were using Digital servos you would have to be more wary. From checking the servomances spreadsheet the HS-65HB's draw 790ma at stall point, so if you had all 4 servos stalled you would draw just over 3A. Plus the Quantum is designed to support 4 of the rebadged Blue Bird servos that PA sells as there own and the specs show that they all draw at least 1000ma so if the Quantum will handle 4 of those the Graupner will handle 4 analogue Hitecs fine. Given all that I reckon you'll be fine.
Thanks for your reply. For the receiver I'm using a Graupner GR-12. It's given to work at fairly low voltage (3,5V or something) although I wonder just how much torque would be left in the servos at that point.

I knew about this tool but just couldn't recall the name, servormance, thanks for that also So that HS-65HB is given for 790mA at 6V tops, Maybe around 650mA at 5,6V (default setting for the ESC). Pretty close but a 3A SBEC should handle it...
Sep 05, 2013, 01:16 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:

Jan
That was brilliant flying! I like your style, low and close!
Sep 05, 2013, 01:20 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Quote:

Jan
Awesome flying Jan.
I'm guessing you're running 3S on your Bandit?
Sep 05, 2013, 03:09 AM
Jan Spatny
Thanks guys! Here is my setup:
Stock iPAs power unit on 3s 2650mAh batteries - I like it much more than lighter 3s 2200.
Gening D90MG servos all around, JETI R9 reciever and JETI DS 16 transmitter. VOX 14/7prop... CG is about 10cm/3,94inches from LE. Probably little bit forward compared to the manual, but I like it this way. Wing with VGs and SFG.

Jan
Sep 05, 2013, 06:53 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Jan.that's a cool vid.looks like you had maningi fun
like your style of flying.
If I may ask what phone did you use?quality isn't bad at all
Sep 05, 2013, 07:05 AM
Jan Spatny
Thanks chop stiX!

I used Samsung Galaxy Nexus. My old HTC TouchHD died recently so I was looking for something better for reasonable (student's) money and Android OS if possible. Video quality was not priority, but it seems it works just fine for this kind of club flying vids.

Jan

Quick Reply