Mar 27, 2012, 04:09 AM
Connor Stephenson
I just like the thought of the same great servo but slightly quicker if i put a UBEC in there and digi!

Connor
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3P Connor
I just like the thought of the same great servo but slightly quicker if i put a UBEC in there and digi!

Connor
I'd try these instead.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo

or

http://www.espritmodel.com/hyperion-...tal-servo.aspx The torque listed is holding, dynamic is roughly half. But the rating is very accurate.
Mar 27, 2012, 06:58 AM
So I've been looking around for the ultimate servo for this plane and the Futaba S3156MG honestly seems like the best candidate. It's lighter, faster, a tiny bit smaller, and has more torque than the Hitec. I also believe it centres better Is there any reason why this servo wouldn't work in the plane?

Thanks
Mar 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
OOPS
Pa bandit (6 min 19 sec)

teeheehee.fun at Hodges Hobbies with Team Pilot Chris Scoggins...and me
Mar 27, 2012, 09:29 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
What do you know... its still in one piece
Mar 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
no kidding! you,and I got lucky I didn't kill it! esp in that wind lol..It handled it quite well tho and sure flew true.
Mar 28, 2012, 06:13 AM
Byron C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
That Bandit was screaming for sure. Must be a 4S setup. Still slow-N-low flying mine on 3S, but very early in the mornings in order to beat these March winds Love the very smooth and stable KE performance, among other things. Nice airframe.
Mar 28, 2012, 05:20 PM
So guys, buying the plane tomorrow!

Should I get the Futaba S3156MG's then? Do you think they're allright?
Mar 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm torquing to you!
They are a good servo. But dimension wise they are about 3mm shorter than the recommended Voltec 70's (which fit perfectly). I'm concerned they will be too short for the servo holes and may need some added "padding" to get them to mount properly.
Mar 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234
So guys, buying the plane tomorrow!

Should I get the Futaba S3156MG's then? Do you think they're allright?
Well punching S3156MG into google brings up two videos showing poor centreing, one even compares one to a S3154 which centres perfectly.

But in reality the centreing is probably comparable or even better than the equivelent Hitec but with more torque.

I'd probably still pick an Airtronics or Hyperion over the Futaba and Hitec options in this size and price range.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
Why did I sell them all.
Im having no troubles with centering on my HS-65MG units and I mostly fly Sport with my Bandit.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked
Im having no troubles with centering on my HS-65MG units and I mostly fly Sport with my Bandit.
Most people think there servo's centre fine until you test them in a setup where you can see it clearly.

How many guys flying 3D and using Hitec and claiming great centreing do you see? Probably over 50% or more which is a huge number for a single manufacturer. Then go see how many guys flying pattern use Hitec virtually none due to the fact that there style of flying and aircraft setup will bring to light any issues with centring etc.. which most 3D guys/planes won't show up.
Last edited by luke352; Mar 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:28 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa4geg
That Bandit was screaming for sure. Must be a 4S setup. Still slow-N-low flying mine on 3S, but very early in the mornings in order to beat these March winds Love the very smooth and stable KE performance, among other things. Nice airframe.
Yep, Mine is 4s right now. I like both setups for different reasons. 4S is fast but it will still slow to snail speed and be stable doing it. The size of the flight envelope really impresses me.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke352
Well punching S3156MG into google brings up two videos showing poor centreing, one even compares one to a S3154 which centres perfectly.

But in reality the centreing is probably comparable or even better than the equivelent Hitec but with more torque.

I'd probably still pick an Airtronics or Hyperion over the Futaba and Hitec options in this size and price range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke352
Most people think there servo's centre fine until you test them in a setup where you can see it clearly.

How many guys flying 3D and using Hitec and claiming great centreing, probably do you see, probably over 50% or more which is a huge number for a single manufacturer. Then go see how many guys flying pattern use Hitec virtually none due to the fact that there style of flying and aircraft setup will bring to light any issues with centring etc.. which most 3D guys/planes won't show up.
uhhhh what?
I know a pattern champion who uses futaba servos lol.also hitecs pretty much center with the best of them.I have heard good on airtronics but never seen one yet.
Mar 29, 2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
uhhhh what?
I know a pattern champion who uses futaba servos lol.also hitecs pretty much center with the best of them.I have heard good on airtronics but never seen one yet.
That's what I'm saying. Pattern guys almost exclusively use Futaba and JR with a small mix of Airtronics, Hyperion is starting to become popular as well. Most of them won't touch Hitec.

But Futaba and JR still have the odd model which doesn't perform as well as some of there others and it appears the S3156MG may be one of these.

Quick Reply