Mar 30, 2011, 03:16 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Precision Aerobatics BANDIT!!! NOW SHIPPING!!!! and new video posted!!

Guys, check this out the newest PA airplane, just up on their website:

PA Bandit!

Specifications
Wingspan: 1,270mm / 50 in
Length: 1,175mm / 46.3 in
Flying weight (including 3cells LiPo & spinner): approx 1194g / 42.12oz
Wing area: 537 sq. inch

Drive System

Motor: PA Thrust 40
ESC: PA Quantum 45A Pro ESC
Propeller: VOX

The RC industry saw a quantum leap in flying when 3D was introduced some years ago.
Now – The PA Bandit represents the first model to bring a new style of flying to the RC arena – it is a 3D RACER!

Inspired by Red Bull Air Race we bring you a model that is not another Edge, Extra or a YAK – it is a completely original design that is extremely detailed and gives you the feel of a full size plane, although it is not based on an existing one.

What do we mean by “3D Racer”? The Bandit is capable of every aerobatic flying style you wish it to perform. It is capable of high speed precision flight, yet it will slow down to crawl-speed to land and will do helicopter-like elevators that will drop straight down with no wing rock, also high alpha knife edge or harriers. The Bandit also excels in high energy tumbles - fast roll rate, excellent crisp snap rolls and high speed sharp turns (like those seen on the Red Bull Air Race), extremely tight knife edge spins, flat spins and spectacular waterfalls. So you get an aggressive airplane when you want it to be aggressive and a very tame airplane when doing slow maneuvers, meaning an ultra-wide aerobatic envelope.

Our chief designer set a goal to bring the two worlds together that has never been done before. His fresh approach translates to a dramatically expanded flight envelope (especially in a plane of this size) that will keep challenging you. What it can do is only limited by the Pilot’s imagination and proficiency because when it comes to the Bandit, YOU call the moves.

One of the targets in the aerodynamic design was to keep the flight inertia while doing tumbling and 3D maneuvers with only a minimal loss of speed, to allow very quick transition between maneuvers and rapid gain of speed yet light enough to retain the sweet handling characteristics during slow speed 3D maneuvers. This feature has a direct impact on the efficiency of the drive set up (iPAs). Powered by a Thrust 40 and a 3S 2200mAh lipo you get good flight duration (7 minutes on average) and a very powerful feel (a bit like the MX on the Thrust 50/6S). We are still running some tests on 4S and different size props to test the boundaries of this plane.

We have achieved the versatility of this plane by extreme lightweight, sophisticated aerodynamic design, specially designed vortex generators, custom designed airfoils (including fully airfoiled tail section), extremely responsive control surfaces and excellent power to weight ratio.

The PA Bandit features the revolutionary FiberFusionŽ construction making it the lightest 50” electric built up model produced to date in this size– about 42 oz ready to fly (!!!). Advanced FiberFusionŽ construction also makes it the most rigid plane in this class so it can withstand the most extreme high energy maneuvers!

FiberFusionŽ is not just throwing some carbon fiber into the construction, as seen in some other models on the market today. FiberFusionŽ aircraft construction is a sophisticated engineering method, pioneered and developed by Precision Aerobatics. Each variance of fiber used in our models is carefully selected and utilized in a unique way seen ONLY in Precision Aerobatics models, resulting in a much lighter yet stronger and more rigid aircraft that will fly like nothing else!

Being incredibly lightweight with a low wing loading means more flyers can step up into high performance planes without a big risk of a crash, and its versatility means that it allows the pilot to grow with it. So even if you are after an accurate and sleek sport model, simply back-off the throttle and use low rates. We believe it won’t be long before you switch to high rates and unleash the beast to have a taste of the energy and adrenalin that the Bandit has to offer.

For more info and videos visit:

www.PABandit.com
Last edited by aerofundan; Mar 20, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2011, 03:24 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
That's awesome
Mar 30, 2011, 03:26 PM
looks nice, and a great AUW for the wing area. Can't wait to see what you can with it in a video, Dan!
Mar 30, 2011, 03:37 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Hey very cool, little VG's on the wing like the ADX and airfoiled tail feathers.. I like it . Very aggressive looking, like it means business!
Mar 30, 2011, 03:41 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Man! That thang is perty! And it's GREEN!
Mar 30, 2011, 03:58 PM
Thread OP
Its going to rock!!!, there will be two flying at SEFF!, Michael Wargo and me will be flying them all days there! and getting video of them too!!
Mar 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Well don't crash them till after Friday!
Mar 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
Its going to rock!!!, there will be two flying at SEFF!, Michael Wargo and me will be flying them all days there! and getting video of them too!!
You guys can have the first ever 3D race!

That is a beautiful looking plane! Are they bullet holes?
Mar 30, 2011, 04:20 PM
That looks badass...In for sure.
Mar 30, 2011, 04:20 PM
TRETTLOCK
WOW looks great..
something New..
Design1+
now we have to wait..
Mar 30, 2011, 04:31 PM
Please don't be a long wait, please don't be a long wait....
Mar 30, 2011, 04:38 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
Awesome looking plane!! I was torn between getting a PA plane or the E-Flite Carbon Z Yak54. I wanted something I could do great aerobatic/pattern flying with but also slow down and do some 3D. REALLY lovin' my CZ from Quantum Hobby (best customer service and expertise of any shop online IMHO)!!

This new plane from PA looks like a similar flavor! Awesome...definitely on my "want it" list!

JT
Mar 30, 2011, 05:25 PM
3D crash test dummy
It looks awesome and it is green. Gotta love green. Any idea when it will be available to the public? Thanks.
Mar 30, 2011, 05:51 PM
I'm torquing to you!
You think it looks good in the photos. Wait till you see it for real, you are definitely going to want want want!!!
Mar 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
Space guzzler...
The MX and the Addy X have been breeding! (and then the offspring shot at...)

I must fly this thing...

Cowl looks inspired by the MXS-R.

Tim

Quick Reply