Precision Aerobatics BANDIT!!! NOW SHIPPING!!!! and new video posted!! - Page 85 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 29, 2011, 01:38 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
SalamSyed's Avatar
Voted! I would love to have an Extra MX around 70ish, 30CC equivalent electric for a 6 or 8S setup.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ultimatetwo's Avatar
Tx, very, very much Radio Rokie for that superb build up and flying report....
Good news.
I will open also a blog-thread of this bird on the spanish forums but my wife says now I must wait until Chmas. Anyway I need yet some spare parts like Savox servos on tail and motor...
Enjoy this bird my buddy...
Manolo.
Nov 29, 2011, 02:41 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed
Voted! I would love to have an Extra MX around 70ish, 30CC equivalent electric for a 6 or 8S setup.
Me too!!!
Nov 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
70 mx would be pretty neato for sure. them sized planes are the shizzle.
Nov 29, 2011, 04:54 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Thanks RR! Cant wait to see you work it out in BT's next vid!
Nov 29, 2011, 04:56 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
70" AMR... would be record-breaking light weight for a bipe in that class
Nov 29, 2011, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Does anyone know if there is a plane on Pheonix 3.0 that flies similar to the Bandit?
Nov 29, 2011, 09:24 PM
Registered User
awry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
70" AMR... would be record-breaking light weight for a bipe in that class
I'd definitely buy that!
Nov 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
Registered User
Thank you for your kind words guys. Yup I am sure I will love the Bandit even more after a few more flights. Been a little cautious on the maiden since I really did not have enough sleep the night before and wasnt quite 100% behind the sticks when I was flying her.

The videos will have to wait the return of BT which is scheduled for either jan or feb. By then the rest of the Banditos....ammmm.... I mean Mafia should be in full force.

Shall we call the next Mafia movie:- Ali Blubber and the Forty Bandits?

Dan,

You know which size I am gonna vote for right? Wink...wink!
Nov 30, 2011, 05:11 AM
Registered User
Precision Aerob's Avatar

FiberFusion


Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars
I don't get the whole "FiberFusion" thing. Sounds like more marketing to me then anything else. Carbon is used by many manufactures.




Well, since you brought the subject of FiberFusion® up along with photos of different brands to compare, I have a lot of say as the designer of Precision Aerobatics planes.

To answer you, FiberFusion® is certainly not a gimmick but an accurate construction method that saves on weight and creates a lot more rigid planes.
It takes me a LOT of hard work to design each part. One bulkhead can take a week of designing sometimes. A small part for the fuselage (approximately 25mm/1” part) took me a full day of work to complete just the other day! So in times it can be quite challenging. If it was just a gimmick to impress, it would have taken me a friction of the time.

To get some better understanding of our designing philosophy you need to go back in time and compare other brands airframes to ours. Then you will see the “changes” other brands did on their planes. Sure they were “inspired” by PA, but at the end of the day, no one is inspired by a sheer gimmick. It’s the strength and other qualities that are inspiring others.

Apart from FiberFusion® construction which we developed, did you know we were the first to supply Carbon Fiber wing tubes on our EP planes (in fact all of our planes)? Back in 2005 when we started production of the Katana Mini, you could only find aluminum wing tubes in small planes - if at all as most small planes had one piece wing. CF wing tubes were only available as aftermarket upgrade for some giant scales. Now CF tubes are industry standard but still most factories supply fiberglass/phenolic wing sleeve, not like PA’s ones that are fully carbon. In fact, most factories wing tubes are not 100% carbon but a mix with fiberglass. Needless to say ours is 100% carbon.

Same happened with CF landing gears. We were the first to make them for small planes as part of our kits. Do the search…
Also we are the only factory that really makes high temperature CF LG in house (our own designs of course) while other companies buy LGs from one manufacturer in south of China (this is why they look alike, same molds).

To describe FiberFusion® construction in a short paragraph as accurate as possible would be the one we use on our website:

FiberFusion® aircraft construction is a sophisticated engineering method, pioneered and developed by Precision Aerobatics. Each variance of fiber used in our models is carefully selected and utilized in a unique way seen ONLY in Precision Aerobatics models, resulting in a much lighter yet stronger and more rigid aircraft that will fly like nothing else!


FiberFusion® is a lot more than adding carbon into the structure. It is not just a concept but a complicated engineering combining all the materials together along with the fibers of each one with the understanding of each of these materials, not just CF. Even the wood parts are highly designed in our planes. It is certainly not just throwing in some CF pieces to impress. Even things that may seem like a gimmick (as you mentioned the battery tray) are done in a certain way to make the plane light and at the same time extremely strong.

There are different ways to design the planes and construction (out of any material) if one knows how to engineer.
Give you one example; on the project I am completing now, I have been designing six different tray options (RX/rudder servo) in order to achieve what I was after. Each of them uses different materials and different grains (and of course they look different too). Parts can be designed from balsa, ply, L. ply, CF and any other material available if one knows his craft. They can all be good and impressive;

One thing though, looking at some online photos of the imitations out there I can tell you that most of them are nothing but a gimmick! The application is incorrect, the material is incorrect, and the engineering is incorrect. Just putting some CF or fiberglass parts doesn’t make a plane more rigid but actually heavier! That might impress the unskilled eye.

Looking at the trends of this industry over the last few years is very interesting. It shows you how much PA influenced the market and this answers better than any words I can post here why FiberFuion® is a lot more than a gimmick. And of course our planes don’t offer just construction, there is a lot more to it.

Shaun
PA Team
Nov 30, 2011, 07:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
Well, since you brought the subject of FiberFusion® up along with photos of different brands to compare, I have a lot of say as the designer of Precision Aerobatics planes.

To answer you, FiberFusion® is certainly not a gimmick but an accurate construction method that saves on weight and creates a lot more rigid planes.
It takes me a LOT of hard work to design each part. One bulkhead can take a week of designing sometimes. A small part for the fuselage (approximately 25mm/1” part) took me a full day of work to complete just the other day! So in times it can be quite challenging. If it was just a gimmick to impress, it would have taken me a friction of the time.

To get some better understanding of our designing philosophy you need to go back in time and compare other brands airframes to ours. Then you will see the “changes” other brands did on their planes. Sure they were “inspired” by PA, but at the end of the day, no one is inspired by a sheer gimmick. It’s the strength and other qualities that are inspiring others.

Apart from FiberFusion® construction which we developed, did you know we were the first to supply Carbon Fiber wing tubes on our EP planes (in fact all of our planes)? Back in 2005 when we started production of the Katana Mini, you could only find aluminum wing tubes in small planes - if at all as most small planes had one piece wing. CF wing tubes were only available as aftermarket upgrade for some giant scales. Now CF tubes are industry standard but still most factories supply fiberglass/phenolic wing sleeve, not like PA’s ones that are fully carbon. In fact, most factories wing tubes are not 100% carbon but a mix with fiberglass. Needless to say ours is 100% carbon.

Same happened with CF landing gears. We were the first to make them for small planes as part of our kits. Do the search…
Also we are the only factory that really makes high temperature CF LG in house (our own designs of course) while other companies buy LGs from one manufacturer in south of China (this is why they look alike, same molds).

To describe FiberFusion® construction in a short paragraph as accurate as possible would be the one we use on our website:

FiberFusion® aircraft construction is a sophisticated engineering method, pioneered and developed by Precision Aerobatics. Each variance of fiber used in our models is carefully selected and utilized in a unique way seen ONLY in Precision Aerobatics models, resulting in a much lighter yet stronger and more rigid aircraft that will fly like nothing else!


FiberFusion® is a lot more than adding carbon into the structure. It is not just a concept but a complicated engineering combining all the materials together along with the fibers of each one with the understanding of each of these materials, not just CF. Even the wood parts are highly designed in our planes. It is certainly not just throwing in some CF pieces to impress. Even things that may seem like a gimmick (as you mentioned the battery tray) are done in a certain way to make the plane light and at the same time extremely strong.

There are different ways to design the planes and construction (out of any material) if one knows how to engineer.
Give you one example; on the project I am completing now, I have been designing six different tray options (RX/rudder servo) in order to achieve what I was after. Each of them uses different materials and different grains (and of course they look different too). Parts can be designed from balsa, ply, L. ply, CF and any other material available if one knows his craft. They can all be good and impressive;

One thing though, looking at some online photos of the imitations out there I can tell you that most of them are nothing but a gimmick! The application is incorrect, the material is incorrect, and the engineering is incorrect. Just putting some CF or fiberglass parts doesn’t make a plane more rigid but actually heavier! That might impress the unskilled eye.

Looking at the trends of this industry over the last few years is very interesting. It shows you how much PA influenced the market and this answers better than any words I can post here why FiberFuion® is a lot more than a gimmick. And of course our planes don’t offer just construction, there is a lot more to it.

Shaun
PA Team
Excellent post Shaun!

KUTGW and get in touch with me when you have some time.

Jakub
Nov 30, 2011, 07:57 AM
PA Enthusiast
Willie T's Avatar
Mine arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to my first venture into 3D. I chose this model after much research and am looking more at the slower flight capabilities to begin with. I have seen other PA planes where I fly and am very impressed by the attention to detail. This will be my first PA plane but most likely not my last.
Nov 30, 2011, 09:51 AM
Retreating Blade Stall
Arcturus97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T
Mine arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to my first venture into 3D. I chose this model after much research and am looking more at the slower flight capabilities to begin with. I have seen other PA planes where I fly and am very impressed by the attention to detail. This will be my first PA plane but most likely not my last.
Willie - I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, though mine arrives today and I've had a cheap foamy 3D plane
Nov 30, 2011, 09:56 AM
PA Enthusiast
Willie T's Avatar
Should be a fun time......Nerve racking at maiden though!!!!
Nov 30, 2011, 10:44 AM
Registered User
dnahas's Avatar
Add me to the list of new Bandit owners in direct relation to the comments of repairs to the fuse. I smacked my "other brand" 51 good and ripped the spar tube out and a good bit of the balsa in the area. Sure it could be fixed, but not by me. My interest in the Bandit started by the fact that the other brand does not offer replacement fuses.

The Black Friday coupon was enough to get me to pull the trigger, thanks PA!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Official thread / Video just posted!!! aerofundan 3D Flying 6097 Nov 15, 2017 04:25 PM
Discussion Anyone else wish Precision Aerobatics would make a larger electric 3D monoplane! Neil_SC 3D Flying 19 Sep 24, 2014 12:14 PM
Wanted Precision Aerobatics Katana MD or Precision Aerobatics Mini Katana mixer911 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jul 16, 2009 01:52 PM
Found 3d hobbyshop/precision aerobatics/greatplanes**3d yak/suk/katana/edge/extra helifryer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 May 20, 2009 10:13 PM
Discussion Precision Aerobatics How To Series, 3D Aerobatics & Repair Guide aerofundan 3D Flying 22 Jan 03, 2009 10:52 AM