Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 31, 2013, 07:57 AM
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Does the bandit ARF only come with the CF servo arms?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2013, 08:09 AM
Retreating Blade Stall
Arcturus97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker
Does the bandit ARF only come with the CF servo arms?
It does not come with any servo arms, nor does the bling package come with servo arms. The PA CF servo arms are sold separately. I would get them though. I thought they were included in the bling package that I ordered - wound up using Dubro extra long servo arms (plastic) and they bend under load / large deflection. I eventually got the CF servo arms and more pleased with those.
Jan 31, 2013, 09:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemkes_wolfpack
The prop adapter comes with the drive package. One thing I would recommend adding is the Vox 14x7 for a 3S setup or Vox 12x6 for 4S setup if you haven't already planned on doing so.

We look forward to helping you out.If you have any question please don't hesitate to contact us.

You can't go wrong with either of the colors. I thought the blue would be difficult to see but it really isn't.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Precision Aerobatics USA
thanks - i ordered the kit yesterday in green and it looks like its already in the mail So any one running the ds11AMB's ? any issues with fitment etc ? recommended ? cheers
Last edited by aquaanox; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
Feb 01, 2013, 06:52 PM
Registered User
Hi I was wondering about the c clip on the thrust 40 motor. What does it look like? If I am correct there is a bronze washer under it. Does this come out too?
Please help.
Feb 01, 2013, 06:58 PM
Registered User
pilot_keeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evant28
Hi I was wondering about the c clip on the thrust 40 motor. What does it look like? If I am correct there is a bronze washer under it. Does this come out too?
Please help.
The C clip is the black clip before the ring that dosen't make a full circle around the shaft. You'll want to remove both as they are not needed and get in the way when installing the motor. Removing the C-clips on my motors I always end up bending them/breaking then to get them off. No big deal if this happens to you, you shouldn't ever need it.
Feb 01, 2013, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter
The C clip is the black clip before the ring that dosen't make a full circle around the shaft. You'll want to remove both as they are not needed and get in the way when installing the motor. Removing the C-clips on my motors I always end up bending them/breaking then to get them off. No big deal if this happens to you, you shouldn't ever need it.
OK thanks. I noticed that after I removed the clip the front of the motor seems very loose. What holds the motor together?
Feb 01, 2013, 07:11 PM
Registered User
pilot_keeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evant28
OK thanks. I noticed that after I removed the clip the front of the motor seems very loose. What holds the motor together?
At this point nothing. You can pull it apart if you wanted to. The housing can only come off when pulled from one direction. The way that the motor is mounted makes it impossible for any part of the motor to come loose or apart.
Feb 01, 2013, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter
At this point nothing. You can pull it apart if you wanted to. The housing can only come off when pulled from one direction. The way that the motor is mounted makes it impossible for any part of the motor to come loose or apart.
Thanks
Feb 02, 2013, 12:51 PM
Registered User
Got my ipa pack in the mail but no spinner or backplate included ??? Kinda misleading based on pics.. Did they just forget to throw it in ? Thx
Feb 02, 2013, 12:57 PM
Registered User
pilot_keeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox
Got my ipa pack in the mail but no spinner or backplate included ??? Kinda misleading based on pics.. Did they just forget to throw it in ? Thx
At the bottom of all the iPA pages it says:

Note: the Carbon Fiber 2.17" Spinner and Vortex Generators are not included in the kit.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:18 PM
christian theme park operator
H2SO4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox
Got my ipa pack in the mail but no spinner or backplate included ??? Kinda misleading based on pics.. Did they just forget to throw it in ? Thx
Just my personal opinion of course - prop spinners are entirely useless for 3D planes. Their only positive effect is cosmetic, and even that is debatable, but they block airflow and make it that much more difficult to balance the prop.

What's the purpose of those four holes through the motor mount plate - the ones which match up with similar cooling holes in the motor itself - if they're all going to be blanketed by a spinner?

I suggest saving the not-inconsiderable amount of money and putting it toward another airframe instead. Same with the carbon wheel pants. Just unnecessary bling.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
Registered User
gtoguy's Avatar

Maiden Today


Finally had an open weekend and perfect weather - got to maiden the Bandit today. I had set the CG at 101mm per the manual, and it was still too tail heavy for my tastes. Pushed the battery forward about 8-10mm and it was just about right. It flies very nicely and is super floaty yet has smooth power. I do like the flight envelope. After a few more flights, this might become one of my favorites.

I'd advise against the Voltec servos though, they just don't center very well. I'm looking into alternatives. Move the elevator down then back up and the control surface is about 1-2mm off. I'll probably get some small digitals. Thanks, Paul
Feb 02, 2013, 07:33 PM
Registered User
pilot_keeter's Avatar
Anyone using 65mg's in this rig? I'm thinking about switching to those.
Feb 02, 2013, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4
Just my personal opinion of course - prop spinners are entirely useless for 3D planes. Their only positive effect is cosmetic, and even that is debatable, but they block airflow and make it that much more difficult to balance the prop.

What's the purpose of those four holes through the motor mount plate - the ones which match up with similar cooling holes in the motor itself - if they're all going to be blanketed by a spinner?

I suggest saving the not-inconsiderable amount of money and putting it toward another airframe instead. Same with the carbon wheel pants. Just unnecessary bling.
Just wondering, in the manual it seems like you need the spinner to align the cowling and to do a couple other things with the motor mount.
Feb 02, 2013, 09:25 PM
Registered User
pilot_keeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evant28
Just wondering, in the manual it seems like you need the spinner to align the cowling and to do a couple other things with the motor mount.
It is helpful to have the backplate when position the cowl but not 100% needed to get it right. Eye-balling from the front/using a ruler to measure will do just fine.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Official thread / Video just posted!!! aerofundan 3D Flying 6049 Yesterday 02:38 PM
Discussion Anyone else wish Precision Aerobatics would make a larger electric 3D monoplane! Neil_SC 3D Flying 19 Sep 24, 2014 11:14 AM
Wanted Precision Aerobatics Katana MD or Precision Aerobatics Mini Katana mixer911 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jul 16, 2009 12:52 PM
Found 3d hobbyshop/precision aerobatics/greatplanes**3d yak/suk/katana/edge/extra helifryer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 May 20, 2009 09:13 PM
Discussion Precision Aerobatics How To Series, 3D Aerobatics & Repair Guide aerofundan 3D Flying 22 Jan 03, 2009 09:52 AM