Jul 15, 2012, 08:37 AM
I'm about to take the Plunge and get a Bandit. I come from Glider flying, DLG's. Any pitfalls or things I should know be for I get my hands on one of these?
A new learning curve for me.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
BWX
BWX
Last edited by BWX; Jul 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Jul 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
Byron C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff1952
I'm about to take the Plunge and get a Bandit. I come from Glider flying, DLG's. Any pitfalls or things I should know be for I get my hands on one of these?
Ever do any powered glider or hotliner stuff? If not then the main thing you'll notice straight away is that most powered r/c balsa aerobatic and 3D planes are way faster and much more responsive than straight gliders.

For a glider and or DLG pilot's first electric 3D balsa plane I can highly recommend the Addiction-X (ADX). Wish it was available years ago when I made the move from gliders to prop driven r/c planes. The very forgiving ADX with its light wing loading and gentle stall characteristic is capable of cruising around at slow speeds comparable to a 2m+ glider. And once you're ready and have your reflexes keyed up etc. the ADX will fly plenty fast enough for various 3D and precision aerobatic moves. Of course I have the Bandit too, but always take the ADX out on those days when I want a more relaxed pace, or to work on a new move in slow-motion before giving it a go on my Bandit.
Jul 16, 2012, 10:37 AM
Matt Mabry
???
Last edited by Pickle72; Jul 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Jul 16, 2012, 10:56 AM
BWX
BWX
Last edited by BWX; Jul 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Jul 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
hello BWX

sorry to have to say, that sometimes on the week-end, we do not not work. Neither do we during nights. And sometimes it can happen we are on mondays yet not back from a trip....

regards
Alvin Braeckman
A.Braeckman Modellbau (PA Germany/Benelux)
Jul 16, 2012, 11:22 AM
BWX
BWX
Sorry for posting here so fast, did nog have my day (bad wether here).
Jul 17, 2012, 08:03 PM

Bandit and extra mx

Anyone interested in a bandit or extra mx?
Both BNF.
$225 and $275
Azzonaples@yahoo.com
Jul 18, 2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
I totally agree with 3DeltaFly! I was like you actually, I was doing DLG's and F3F and wanted to learn 3D. I got the Addiction X and it is such a great plane for learning 3D! Get the HS5085MG's with a good battery (Thunder Power G6 65C 2250mAh 3S highly recommended) and the iPA motor setup and it'll be awesome! You may want to get the Addiction X as well as the Bandit; Addy X for practicing on and the Bandit for transitioning the move over too!
Jul 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
The Deans Plugs, do they come already fitted? If not are they Soldered or Crimped onto the Cables?
Jul 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Quote:
The Deans Plugs, do they come already fitted? If not are they Soldered or Crimped onto the Cables?
No they aren't pre-fitted.
You need to solder them on and insulate the joints with heat shrink tube.
Jul 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Ok, thanks. I will be getting extra Plugs/sockets so as to standardise all my batteries/planes.
Cliff soaring, chasing SeaGulls with my 1.0 DLG has been good training for flying a Bandit?
Both involve Sudden Death.
Now what colour.....
Jul 22, 2012, 03:13 AM
I'm torquing to you!
We have Blue one and Orange one at my field and both look great!
Jul 22, 2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braeckman
hello BWX

sorry to have to say, that sometimes on the week-end, we do not not work. Neither do we during nights. And sometimes it can happen we are on mondays yet not back from a trip....

regards
Alvin Braeckman
A.Braeckman Modellbau (PA Germany/Benelux)
Seems that ordering a plane on sunday afternoon has high priority.
recieved it on Thuesday!
I hope that it wil go that fast and strait in case of any problems?
Would be fantastic.
Jul 23, 2012, 01:30 PM
Huckin' the Bandit at night! I got about 500 photos but only a few weren't too blurry, haha!
Last edited by RCPilot1234; May 24, 2015 at 12:07 PM.